wow! Thank You WMT!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vernsgal

Just me
Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone here for all the help you give to us newbies.

I just opened my 1st wine I made since joining this site. It's a banana wine that I backsweetened a touch with apple juice concentrate. It finally hit the 1 year mark this month so I uncorked a bottle to try. I'm not really a white wine drinker but I am very happy with the outcome. Especially seeing it was my 1st and I have learned even more since. :b

IMG_1388.jpg

Thanks! I can't wait to try my blueberry which will hit the 1 year mark this May.

Seth as much as I have read debates on whether you taste banana or not ,in mine ,you taste the banana up front with the apple secondary. The banana is soft but definitely there. Great body. Slight resemblance to a Chard.

I will be making this again but I'd like to try with an f-pak of strawberries instead of the apple

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks! I can't wait to try my blueberry which will hit the 1 year mark this May.

Seth as much as I have read debates on whether you taste banana or not ,in mine ,you taste the banana up front with the apple secondary. The banana is soft but definitely there. Great body. Slight resemblance to a Chard.

I will be making this again but I'd like to try with an f-pak of strawberries instead of the apple

Thanks again everyone!

Sounds great, did you use make a banana soup or just use the peals?

Id try the blueberry now. Why wait?

Lol! I want to age all my fruit wines a year before 1st tastes. I just believe age is great for wines and I don't want to try any earlier in case it's not there yet and I get disappointed.

Sounds great, did you use make a banana soup or just use the peals?

No peels. I boiled bananas then strained them through panty hose( lol, it's what I had on hand) using just the juice in the primary.

I was expecting this to have some kinda bite to it too being at 14% alc. but there's nothing. Smooth. You have to be careful drinking it because I'm sure it'll sneak up on you lol

Congrats on your first wine! It does look pretty good and I love that label.

Well done Kim!

It's a great feeling, isn't it? Also love the label - super cute!

I'm not really a white wine drinker but I am very happy with the outcome.

Congratulations Kim, and here's to many more successful batches. As to the quote above, I have found that making wine has really changed my attitude and opened my mind to trying other wines. Doing so I enjoy wine even more now.

BC

Latest posts

Back