WMT (Unofficial) Welch's Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is now a good time to invite you all to join SWALI?

(The Society of Winemakers Against Lousy Ingredients)

We meet on Thursdays. Just let me know if you guys have any interest, and I will post a copy of the by laws.

Most of us won't qualify since we like welches :slp

Nah, I think this is an AWESOME time to start WAWS (Welchs Against Wine Snobs).
We have a great start already with this competition.

Hoping I can still compete. If I don't it's only because I went a little crazy on my budget and spent all my expendable cash on an AIO and filtering system and new equipment. Nobody could fault me for that, right?

I cracked open a bottle of mine, not horrible, nothing to write home about.

I need to think up a good label still... what says "I can make this wine on food stamps!"? If you think about it it's a plus for when when you get old and are on a fixed income. LOL!

***Patiently waits for John T's comment cuz I know he could spit gold bullets at me***

John knows---deep in his heart---it takes a real wine master to make good wine out of "lousy ingredients". ::

Mine is awful.

Seriously.

but I said I would participate, so there you go!

Ok judges, wine has been sent. I am told it will be at your secret location by Friday. Once again I was asked if it was liquid and what was in the tubes. Once again I responded with "steak marinade".

Last time I tried shipping wine, I went to a actual UPS customer service center to mail off the package and they opened it to see what was in it. I explained that it was "elderberry steak marinade" and he said it looks like wine. I was like "huh, I wouldn't send wine to anyone, I would keep it and drink it". Nevertheless, they wouldn't ship it. So I am back to one of those off-site type UPS shipping places.

The tube gives it away! Box that sucker!

I've gotten socked at work with over-time, so mine hasn't left the cellar yet. Hoping to get it out tomorrow.

"...hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things..." -Andy Dufresne

url

Last edited:
Yeah, the tubes are kind of curious looking but I get them free at work and they make great shipping vessels.

When I handed my two re-used AMAZON boxes to the UPS driver, he said "Oh, got a couple of returns, huh?. He did not even think of looking at the recipient. Just scanned it. :D
I knew I was saving them for a good reason.

Hoping I can still compete. If I don't it's only because I went a little crazy on my budget and spent all my expendable cash on an AIO and filtering system and new equipment. Nobody could fault me for that, right?

I cracked open a bottle of mine, not horrible, nothing to write home about.

I need to think up a good label still... what says "I can make this wine on food stamps!"? If you think about it it's a plus for when when you get old and are on a fixed income. LOL!

***Patiently waits for John T's comment cuz I know he could spit gold bullets at me***

Well, Now, I am not a mean person and you are making it WAY too easy.

Definition of wine:

n. noun
1. A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various kinds of grapes, usually containing from 10 to 15 percent alcohol by volume.

2. A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various other fruits or plants.

3. Something that intoxicates or exhilarates.

Last time I checked, Welchs comes from "concord grapes" therefore fitting the definition of wine. Other Welchs come from "white grapes", again fitting the defintion of wine. So whether you are buying merlot juice buckets, Vintner Harvest juice concentrates or Welchs concentrates, it is all wine.

That is true to only a certain point for mortal men. Only the good lord could make wine out of water.

Do we have immortal men?

...and I'm pretty sure Thor never made wine. Loki maybe. :p

I had to watch this again today. Just made me laugh!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPN35EOJlEg[/ame]

Mine shipped this morning. The clerk at the UPS store missed her calling. She should've been a police interrogator. Is this a liquid?... What's in it?... Is it glass?... How is it packed?...Sigh this form stating we won't cover any food item breakage. Yes Ma'am!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Back