WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys are feeling too impatient you can send off your entries to me. I'll make sure they all arrive safely and on time for final judging. I'd even be glad to take on the task of collecting the judges results and making sure you all get the correct info regarding the winners at the same time. No need for Thanks, I'm just a helpful, giving kinda guy looking out for his buddies.

This is my final Friday night as a 55 year old, yippee skippy poo-poo. Plan on going to the family cabin saturday for birthday dinner but, in about 2-1/2 hours, heading home and opening an ice cold beer or 10. I've got a go-ahead from my wife to start building a small (12x12) stand alone wine building in back so I'm planning on laying out the footprint for the slab which should be poured next week. Wish me luck, we'll see how square it all looks tomorrow morning.:dg

Have a great weekend All. Mike

Leaking out into your glass, Jim? :ib

Yes, you are correct. We will, without further delay, be moving into the shipping portion of our contest next week. Sorry for anyone who might need more time, but your time is up! Get your labels on and your shipping containers prepped! I will PM the addresses of our esteemed judges to the contestants next Friday, without fail. Wines must be shipped the following week. You can coordinate with the judges to assure delivery, and once they have all the wines---lucky judges!---they can do their thing.

Sound off! Is everyone ready?

DANGER, READY!!! :r

Got my email! C'mon now everybody, let's get a bottle sent off and make this a real fun finale to all these months of trash talk! :)

Ok, everyone! As promised, I will reveal the secret identities of our esteemed contest judges...

...drum roll...

our own Julie and Dan (Runningwolf)!!!

I have sent a PM to the known contestants with the addresses of our judges. If I forgot you, please don't flame the messenger. Let me know and I will get the info to you, ASAP. Get your wines to the judges in the coming week, and we'll see what they think!

Feel free to bribe, flatter, charm, humor, court, cajole, wheedle, brown nose, butter up, or sweet-talk our judges to your own shameful limits. It is not against the rules.

Go!

Feel free to bribe, flatter, charm, humor, court, cajole, wheedle, brown nose, butter up, or sweet-talk our judges to your own shameful limits. It is not against the rules.

Go!

Ok I'm waaaaiiiting!

From my research, I have deduced the following list from those who said originally that they were interested in or making wine for this contest:

dangerdave (myself)
Kraffty
Dend78
suecasa
jswordy
LoneTreeFarms
Sammyk
saramc
Pjd

So far, sue has dropped out. That still leaves eight people. Julie and Dan, you two better get some people together to help you drink 8 bottles of wine! Well...Dan will need some help...

:)

From my research, I have deduced the following list from those who said originally that they were interested in or making wine for this contest:

dangerdave (myself)
Kraffty
Dend78
suecasa
jswordy
LoneTreeFarms
Sammyk
saramc
Pjd

So far, sue has dropped out. That still leaves eight people. Julie and Dan, you two better get some people together to help you drink 8 bottles of wine! Well...Dan will need some help...

:)
I already have a plan in place. I have a winemaker's party the Sat after Thanksgiving and they are all going to have to taste this stuff along with the 10 year muscadine a yanked out of my step son's new house! :ft

I already have a plan in place. I have a winemaker's party the Sat after Thanksgiving and they are all going to have to taste this stuff along with the 10 year muscadine a yanked out of my step son's new house! :ft

Sorry Julie, you won't have to judge mine. although in BLIND taste testing (emphasis on blind) I am sure it would be a winner! Unfortunately this one is the most stubborn one to clear.

Ok, Phil's out. That leaves seven...

dangerdave (myself)
Kraffty
Dend78
suecasa
jswordy
LoneTreeFarms
Sammyk
saramc
Pjd

That gives me a 14.2857% chance! :try

I just started following this thread. I'm a HUGE strawberry wine fan. I'm determined to get a batch started and gear up for next year's competition! (Hopefully this will become annual.)

Hopefully we can make it this year. Usually end up at my SIL's house that day. I guess Mike is still afraid to taste the mystery wine that was left behind. I'm game....

Hopefully we can make it this year. Usually end up at my SIL's house that day. I guess Mike is still afraid to taste the mystery wine that was left behind. I'm game....

lol, yes, he is totally wimping out on me but I knew you would be gamed to try it! :tz

Think I would pull the cork on Dan's and put all the ingredients in he was telling you you should add earlier on this thread. Teach him a lesson, by golly. :h Arne.

Down to 7 huh, this is sounding more like "Survivor, Coastal". Who ever hangs around the longest might just win.
I'm shipping on Tuesday, silly me, I ASSUMED I was sending one bottle to one location. Had one clear glass bottle ready to go and the rest up at the cabin. Can't send one Green and one Clear now can I?

A thought for the judges, I think it would be great to see a picture of all the entries side by side before you judge them. Maybe in bottle AND glass to see how much they vary given the simple guidelines.
Mike

Down to 7 huh, this is sounding more like "Survivor, Coastal". Who ever hangs around the longest might just win.
I'm shipping on Tuesday, silly me, I ASSUMED I was sending one bottle to one location. Had one clear glass bottle ready to go and the rest up at the cabin. Can't send one Green and one Clear now can I?

A thought for the judges, I think it would be great to see a picture of all the entries side by side before you judge them. Maybe in bottle AND glass to see how much they vary given the simple guidelines.
Mike

No problem, I was thinking the same thing, I'll be taking pics and posting.

The picture idea is great! Photos, please. I didn't want to make too many demands of our WONDERFUL judges and their extremely GENEROUS attitude towards us in our little contest. I would even go as far as to say that they are both ranked HIGHLY in the list of the world's all-time most AWESOME peoples (like, tied for third)! Or maybe I'm not giving them enough credit...:hug

Anyways, we have lost another...feel free to complain! Saramc, the one for whom we delayed an extra month has dropped out of the contest!

dangerdave (myself)
Kraffty
Dend78
suecasa
jswordy
LoneTreeFarms
Sammyk
saramc
Pjd

Can I get a "WTF"?!

It's a good thing I am past the age where I have to learn my lessons more than once. You got me, Sara. Lesson learned. :peeu

And then there were six! Isn't this fun!

Latest posts

Back