WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You live closer Dan and I know where your wine cellar is at, I need to sweet talk Jim so I can get into his wine cellar!!!!!! If you would help me out, I would be beating on him instead of you!!!!!

I have two entries so far just like you. I hope the other two arrive before Wednesday. They have just a good chance after seeing the two that came. I don't know what the one was thinking wrapping the neck with bubble gum instead of a shrink capsule just to get some more strawberry flavor in it.

Mine are leaving today, so i'm not sure if they'll be there by wednesday or not, i'm starting to second guess this whole strawberry bit, it looked gorgeous in the carboy but when i tried bottling a few wednesday it shows a little cloudy, definitely not going to win best of show but the wine should taste good all the same. cheers

Mine are leaving today, so i'm not sure if they'll be there by wednesday or not, i'm starting to second guess this whole strawberry bit, it looked gorgeous in the carboy but when i tried bottling a few wednesday it shows a little cloudy, definitely not going to win best of show but the wine should taste good all the same. cheers

YAY and my compliments to you for getting them sent! Like I said, I know what "harvest" means in the Midwest, so I know what it took to get that done. (It took an act of God, right? RAIN!)

I always look back fondly on my central Illinois days, when the small-town farmers would stop their summer of griping around the big table at the cafe about how poor and pitiful they are and would spring into fall action on their combines, working 24 hours a day to get the crop in so they could spend the winter in Florida. :)

(And those are the four seasons of the farmer!)

I received a bottle from Danger today and have to say it looks great. Nice color, very cool Name "Fat Flamingo" and label. Found a bonus bottle of White/Mango in the box that, sadly, has a very poor chance of seeing the light of morning. If it tastes as good as it looks we'll be happy campers tonight.
Mike

Okay bottles should be delivered by Wednesday. Shipping to you easterners is damn pricy they must really have to use that donkey someone was talking about earlier. Jim I whole hearted lay agree with you there's a reason farmers all drive 4x4 trucks 4 weeks in the spring 4 weeks in the fall. Sadly I'm not the lucky farmer I'm the hired hand making peanuts. I help my neighbor in the fall. I'm actually a civil engineer by day.

image-3298020928.jpg

I've attached my little helper she was fascinated with the wine running in the racking tube. Cheers

I didn't add any baby to mine! That's not fair! :(

Jim: Do you smoke it or drink it? :sm

Mike: I like the color of the Fat Flamingo, too. It looks like a strawberry in a bottle, don't it! The mango is great, also. It came out just like I wanted. You'll love it!

LoneTreeFarms said:
Okay bottles should be delivered by Wednesday. Shipping to you easterners is damn pricy they must really have to use that donkey someone was talking about earlier. Jim I whole hearted lay agree with you there's a reason farmers all drive 4x4 trucks 4 weeks in the spring 4 weeks in the fall. Sadly I'm not the lucky farmer I'm the hired hand making peanuts. I help my neighbor in the fall. I'm actually a civil engineer by day. I've attached my little helper she was fascinated with the wine running in the racking tube. Cheers

That is such a cute picture! The BB made me grin.

My bb girl has been doing the same thing since she could walk! Melts my heart every time. She gets to sample the wine at every stage of fermentation all the way up to bottling day and has ever since she could talk. She has better tastebuds than I do. She's pretty good with
with kombucha, kefir and yogurt too. But her favorite is beer wort. She says it tastes like a sugar cookie. Once it cooks I have to give her a whole sippie cup full of it right before I add the yeast or there's drama.

The anticipation is killing me!!!

waiting.jpg

Latest posts

Back