WMT (Unofficial) Welch's Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some rules suggestions.

Any citrus fruit base

Any fruit

I think the less restrictions we have the better the outcome will be.

Dave feel free to join. I'm sure someone will be honored to beat you ;-). Pretty sure it won't be me

Those ideas are great. I'm up for anything. I actually make mine with more lemon juice than most and higher abv. I'm in for however it's decided. BTY Dave, thanks for the tips on the oak and tannins.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Dangit, Rod! :gb Me and my big keyboard!

Those are great ideas, Calvin. Let's incorporate them.

Ok, so...

1) Use Dragon Blood Recipe as your base;
2) Must contain at least 2oz per gallon of some citrus juice in primary (concentrate or otherwise);
3) Must contain fruit (any kind) in the primary (method of your choice), no less than one pound per gallon;
4) Anything else goes.

That leaves a lot of flexability for juice, fruit, additives, fining, flavoring, back sweetening, fortifying, etc.

We'll give a few more days for anyone else to pipe in, but I think we may have nailed it down. Additional suggestions welcome. Final rules and details will be posted in the contest thread...let's say, this Saturday, May 31st.

Gather your ingredients, all. This promises to be the stiffest competition yet! :try

Sounds awesome ladies and gents. I'd be honored to be a judge. Works especially well as I love DB variants, in fact they have become my staple. Guess I'm have to round up some peeps for a panel.

So exciting!

Any Canadians who want to jump in? We can do the 'Far North' version of the contest...

Basically, I love these competitions, and really want to be involved - but shipping across the border is a no-go. :(

Congratulations to the winners! I knew there were some good Welch's winemakers here!

Sorry I'm late to the party – busy times.

Has the db contest officially started? I've been looking for the new thread but haven't seen anything as of yet

New thread coming today! "WMT (Unofficial) Dragon Blood Variant Contest"

Latest posts

Back