WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I say I'm in, I'm in. Bottles were gone Friday morning. Cost me $4 more to send to Dan than to Julie. Hold yer pinkie out when you drink that higher-dollar wine I sent ya, Dan! :)

When I say I'm in, I'm in. Bottles were gone Friday morning. Cost me $4 more to send to Dan than to Julie. Hold yer pickie out when you drink that higher-dollar wine I sent ya, Dan! :)

Well duhhh, It always costs more when delivered by truck rather than donkey. That's the only thing that can navigate the hills by her town. If one was to fall in one of the mine shafts there is more in the pasture down the road.

Good Luck everyone. Cant wait to see how this turns out!!

dangerdave (myself)
Kraffty
Dend78
jswordy
LoneTreeFarms
Sammyk

Ya know folks, it's like the lottery - ya can't win it if ya ain't in it! :D My advice to y'all is, don't gamble on losing. Sit this one out and be safe.

Well duhhh, It always costs more when delivered by truck rather than donkey. That's the only thing that can navigate the hills by her town. If one was to fall in one of the mine shafts there is more in the pasture down the road.

When I say I'm in, I'm in. Bottles were gone Friday morning. Cost me $4 more to send to Dan than to Julie. Hold yer pinkie out when you drink that higher-dollar wine I sent ya, Dan! :)

Daniel!!!!!! :ft.

Jim, I haven't had a chance to thank you for the bottle of blueberry/muscadine you sent me! It was very tasty, I know this wine has got to just as good or better then what you will be sending me for this competition and I shared it with two other members who will be helping me to judge and they thoroughly liked it.

I see the sucking up has commenced. I'm sending mine out tomorrow. My strawberry coastal white will be complimented by an accompanying wine (bribe) which I hope our revered judges will enjoy.

The gloves are off, kids! Let's rock and roll!!! :gb

Daniel!!!!!! :ft.

Jim, I haven't had a chance to thank you for the bottle of blueberry/muscadine you sent me! It was very tasty, I know this wine has got to just as good or better then what you will be sending me for this competition and I shared it with two other members who will be helping me to judge and they thoroughly liked it.

The Blueberry Muscadine was quite nice. I had the privilege of sampling it yester when we stopped at Julies. Much better than the wine left behind at her son's place.

i will do my best to get this out this week, i'm in full blown harvest mode and don't have free time, there's hope however for an afternoon off later this week when they're calling for rain. if the bottles make it in time for the competition great! if not, the notes and suggestions were more of what i was looking for.
cheers

i will do my best to get this out this week, i'm in full blown harvest mode and don't have free time, there's hope however for an afternoon off later this week when they're calling for rain. if the bottles make it in time for the competition great! if not, the notes and suggestions were more of what i was looking for.
cheers

Lord I know how that "full blown harvest mode" works from my time in Illinois! Hope you make it in time for the contest, but I understand if you don't!

Raining here this a.m. Maybe it will get over to Lone tree in Iowa this afternoon. Good luck to everybody with your wines. Arne.

California Coastal White/2013 Strawberry Blend has left the building. I should have just shipped last Friday, didn't have a second bottle in clear glass and didn't want to take a chance of "bottle shock" if I rebottled one. The judges will just have to deal with different looking bottles, I hate when that happens.

Arne, hope you had some spare time for your bottles.
Mike

Twasn't me that needed the rain, it was for Lone Tree to slow his harvest for a little bit. I know he didn't want it, but think it probably got there anyway. I should of found one of these kits and got in on this, but didn't know it was going to be as much fun as you guys have made this. Good luck to one and all, just glad I am not doing the judging. I am more of a guzzler and wouldn't know how to even make out notes how the wines taste, other than "Man that's some good stuff." LOL, Arne.

got a bit of rain overnight, slowed things down enough that i should be able to get these out in the mail today. cheers

Excellent! I sent mine out Monday.

Julie, yours should have arrived yesterday. Dan, check the front door! You have wine on your stoop!

You two enjoy your "extras", and feel free to allow their deliciousness to postively influence your judging...:tryfor me!

dangerdave X
Kraffty X
Dend78
jswordy X
LoneTreeFarms X
Sammyk

Looks like there'll be 4 of us entered, anyway. Anybody hear from Sammyk or Dend78?

Dave must be worried if he had to sweeten the pot! :)

Arne, I wish you WERE doing the judging, cuz I need a guzzler on the panel. I make my wines to drink! Oh wait! Julie's on the panel, so I got that guzzler thing covered, I reckon! :)

Last edited:
Oh Jim, you are just such a smooth talker. So far I have received two packages.

Oh Jim, you are just such a smooth talker. So far I have received two packages.

Now wait just a DARNED second here! I expected a full frontal attack! What's this gibberish, some kinda mind game or something???

:)

Makes me uncomfortable. I keep looking over my shoulder (and the only one there is my boss asking why I am on WinemakingTalk while at work!). :D

Latest posts

Back