Who picked up any Chilean Juices?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting a Malbec and a Carmenere! Just tasted them both from last years batch and they were fantastic!

runningwolf said:
burningalive said:
Getting a Malbec and a Carmenere! Just tasted them both from last years batch and they were fantastic!

Did you oak or MLF either of these?
I MLF ALL Chilean reds

tepe were are you going to put it?
smiley36.gif
not sure what to do this season,I'm being very deliberate in the wine making have my mind set on making a great super Tuscan,but thats in the fall,would like to focus on different types on wine instead of the same old ,same old,have to keep it interesting,
smiley2.gif

joeswine said:
tepe were are you going to put it?
smiley36.gif
not sure what to do this season,I'm being very deliberate in the wine making have my mind set on making a great super Tuscan,but thats in the fall,would like to focus on different types on wine instead of the same old ,same old,have to keep it interesting,
smiley2.gif

Cute Joe!
By then I will have 36 gallons from last year bottled

I ordered a Carmenere, first attempt at a fresh juice bucket. I have a couple retrieved grape packs in the freezer from a Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo kits, which are merlot grapes I believe, think I should toss them in? Any remote benefit to body or result? Opinions? Thank you.

fishegg said:
I ordered a Carmenere, first attempt at a fresh juice bucket. I have a couple retrieved grape packs in the freezer from a Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo kits, which are merlot grapes I believe, think I should toss them in? Any remote benefit to body or result? Opinions? Thank you.

Of courseadd them

ordered i carmenere and one malbec,going to try making a concentrate about one gallon out of each,blend the rest ........

joeswine said:
ordered i carmenere and one malbec,going to try making a concentrate about one gallon out of each,blend the rest ........

Please explain how and why making a concentrate..

Getting my Chilean Carmenere juice bucket in a couple of weeks. George carries a Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah grape pack. Any thoughts onwhich might bebest with a Carmenere? Probably going to oak it and put it through MLF. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Flem said:
Getting my Chilean Carmenere juice bucket in a couple of weeks. George carries a Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah grape pack. Any thoughts onwhich might bebest with a Carmenere? Probably going to oak it and put it through MLF. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I suggest the Cab skins

B T W,
I usually add Med Toast Oak during MLF
Where you getting the juice and how much Chilean juice U gonna get?

How much oak? cubes? spirals? American, Hungarian, etc.?

Only a 6 gallon bucket this time as it's my first time venturing away from kits. Getting it from the L'uva Bella winery near Youngstown, OH. Same place Dan and Julie got theirs.

I use 2cups of med toast American oak. (I like oak) I suggest RC 212 yeast, add nutrint and 2# of raisins as it need it. Add oak after its dry and with MLF. If you have "skins" add in primary.
Remember NO SORBATE.

It already has the yeast in the bucket. Raisins and Skins? What type of raisins? Still need nutrient? Roger on the sorbate.

oI dont like the "unknown" yeast added.
I get my raisins from Sams 4 1/2#. I use 2 1/4#'s per 6 gal. If you want to add skins add same grapes or order from Geaoge the Cab skins. adding Nutrient will just help the yeast

WELL LET ME ASK THIS ,IF I WAS MAKING A CARMERE,WHY WOULD I WANT TO USECAB GRAPE SKINS IN IT,THE BASIC TASTE OF THE WINE IS AN EVERYDAY RED TABLE WINE,SLITELY DRY WITH SOME FRUIT,NOTHING FANCY ABOUT THIS WINE ,NOW IF I WERE TO MAKE THIS WINE I WOULD USE WHITE RASINS IN THE PRIMARYAND JUST A TOUCH OF FRENCH OAK,FROM ITS FATHERLAND,NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT BITE JUST ENOUGH TO ADD ACCENT TO THE SAUCE,THEN AFTER PRIMARY I WOULD ADD POWDERED OLD TO SMOOTH OUT THE FINISH AND THEN LET IT SET IN THE GARBOY FOR 3 MONTHS ,THEN I WOULD TASTE THE BEAST AND PROBELY ADD MORE POWEDER OAK AND THEN LET IS SIT FOR ONE YEAR AT LEAST ,THIS IS A EARLY DRINKING WINE SO ENJOY.................BUT THATS ME ......
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley9.gif
smiley9.gif
smiley9.gif
smiley9.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif

I thought the fresh juices came without yeast? Will MLF initiate itself? First time getting a bucket of fresh juice as well. Beer Wine told me it would be acid balanced but will have to add my own yeast. How do I make MLF happen?

Latest posts

Back