Fresh Juice Pre-order

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got an email of the juices coming out in June. I'm going for it!

I am leaning towards Australian Petite Verdot, South African Pinotage,and Chileane Carmenere. Maybe a Viognier, but I just got a Chardonnay kit and I am already well stocked on white for some time.

What do you guys think. What would be your choice?

Fresh Chilean, South African & Australian Wine Juice Coming Soon!​

Brew For Less is proud to offer a fresh juice product of such high caliber! This will be our eighth season for Chilean juice, our sixth for South African & Australian juice, all being a huge success over the years! All juices are of a 100% guaranteed purity, which has come to be expected from Mosti Mondiale. As well, these fresh juices are pre-inoculated with a specific yeast directed to its varietal and paired with a complimenting oak and/or sweetener.
Australian Fresco juice will offer 6 seasonal varietals
4 Reds: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot & Shiraz.
2 Whites: Chardonnay & Orange Muscat.

$147.95 - $149.95 each
Click Image Above For Full Details​
South African Fresco juice will offer 4 seasonal varietals3 Reds: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage & Shiraz.1 Whites: Sauvignon Blanc.
$143.95 - $149.95 each
Click Image Above For Full Details
Chilean Fresco juice will offer 8 seasonal varietals
4 Reds: Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere, Malbec & Merlot.
4 Whites: Chardonnay, Chardonnay/Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc & Viognier.

$142.95 - $149.95 each
Click Image Above For Full Details​
The ETA for the fresh juice is in June.

Last edited:
Pinotage. I've made kits twice and loved both. Buy skin packs, else you will get a lighter wine.

The other varietals you can get elsewhere.
I did a little reading, I am very intrigued. This one is a definite.

I went from leaning towards, to definitely getting the three I listed above. The Voignier is still a maybe. I just don't want to have that much white on hand as there is Zero chance of me drinking it in 18 months and previous comments of decline in that time is the main reason.

I don't know that there is enough intrigue in the other varietals to go crazy. I only have to wait till September for the next order.

If I decide it is that much better than kits, I can go crazy then! 😆

I did a little reading, I am very intrigued. This one is a definite.

I went from leaning towards, to definitely getting the three I listed above. The Voignier is still a maybe. I just don't want to have that much white on hand as there is Zero chance of me drinking it in 18 months and previous comments of decline in that time is the main reason.

I don't know that there is enough intrigue in the other varietals to go crazy. I only have to wait till September for the next order.

If I decide it is that much better than kits, I can go crazy then! 😆
Are you saying the voignier will decline in 18 months or all whites

Dave may be referring to some of my posts over previous months. I've had a number of whites start declining at 15-20 months. This is both juice and kits. I've noted that I'm being more pessimistic regarding white wine shelf life.

In contrast, I've recently had commercial 3.5 yo Sauvignon Blanc and 5 yo Riesling.

It is my understanding, based on comments here, that whites tend to peak around the 18 months mark. Does that mean they are not worth drinking? No, but I just want to be aware of what I am making, especially on the white side as I usually drink about 2 bottles a month. I currently have 40+ and another 60 in the queue, I don't want to push too far out, 3-5 years could be pushing it? I dunno.

Your experience may be better, but I had a batch of bad SA pinotage so that's one I tend to avoid. I would do Australian shiraz, chilean malbec, and SA sauvignon blanc. For the reds, I'd add some skins or whole grapes to add complexity.

It is my understanding, based on comments here, that whites tend to peak around the 18 months mark.
In the past I've had whites last up to 5 years. In recent years, my track record is not that good. Three of my last 4 whites started declining at the 15-20 month range. Several before that were perfectly fine at the 2.5-3 year mark, when the last bottle was consumed.

I admit my recent batches spooked me, especially the 2020 Sauvignon Blanc from CA juice. I currently have FWK Chardonnay (17 months old) and FWK Sauvignon Blanc (13 month old) that are doing fine.

I've heard Pinotage is a love it or leave it wine. Personally I've never had it. As far as peaking goes I have always been taught wines hold their peak for several years before they start to decline, they just stop getting better.

That does seem awful expensive for juice buckets though.
I did it as a all-grape batch and prior to committing tasted all kinds of pinotage from my local store at several price points. I liked it as a commercial wine but my batch had H2S. Had to use redulees on it, added all manor of oak, aged it, and it sucked the whole time. I've only dumped two batches and that was one.

I've heard Pinotage is a love it or leave it wine. Personally I've never had it. As far as peaking goes I have always been taught wines hold their peak for several years before they start to decline, they just stop getting better.

That does seem awful expensive for juice buckets though.
That's Canada my friend. You lose 30+ cents on the dollar. $147 CAD translates to $107 USD. I thought it was a decent price considering the high end kits are $170+

That's Canada my friend. You lose 30+ cents on the dollar. $147 CAD translates to $107 USD. I thought it was a decent price considering the high end kits are $170+
I paid US $97 for my Chilean Barbera that I will pick up Thursday from my LHBS. So your price seems reasonable with the money conversion.

I have been doing Chilean juice for some time now - I get the best results mainly from their Reds. I personally like Malbec, Carmenere,pino Noir, Cab-Franc,Zin

I typically will purchase whites in the Fall from California

I have about 85 buckets coming in next week for me and my friend's

I have been doing Chilean juice for some time now - I get the best results mainly from their Reds.
I did a Chilean Gewurz 2 years ago. It was ... disappointing. I did pitch a different yeast but that was the only tweak I made, according to my notes. It was also very early in my winemaking journey.

This time, I have a plan in place and a lot more experience. I really enjoyed my FWK Barbera, so I am hoping to get a similar result with this juice pail by using different yeast (Avante), adding grape seeds during fermentation, and probably some oak during aging. My goal is a dry red without the deep tannins that would require longer aging, so I am not bothering with skins.

I can't imagine dealing with 85 pails!!

I have been doing Chilean juice for some time now - I get the best results mainly from their Reds. I personally like Malbec, Carmenere,pino Noir, Cab-Franc,Zin

I typically will purchase whites in the Fall from California

I have about 85 buckets coming in next week for me and my friend's
Yowsa! I thought I was doing pretty good with 4 buckets. You must have a lot of friends!

Yowsa! I thought I was doing pretty good with 4 buckets. You must have a lot of friends!
I ran a survey a while back regarding quantities made, and we have a fair number of members who report making in excess of 100 US gallons / 380 liters.

Back