Whats ya get for Christmas????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the record setting "Lamest Gift" of all time.

I had lost my Swiss Army knife and asked my gal for a new one, only one that had more "gadgets".

Long story short, she had found my old one, wrapped it up, and gave it to me for Christmas.

To make matters worse, I had gotten that knife from one of my Swiss friends. So, as it turns out, she gave me a gift that someone else had given me.

:po

I had lost my Swiss Army knife and asked my gal for a new one, only one that had more "gadgets".

Long story short, she had found my old one, wrapped it up, and gave it to me for Christmas.

To make matters worse, I had gotten that knife from one of my Swiss friends. So, as it turns out, she gave me a gift that someone else had given me.

Ouch! I hope things smooth over in short order.

She probably realized how much that knife meant to you and thought that you would be extremely happy that she found it for you.

John,

do you misplace a lot of things? If my husband was always misplacing items, I would be wrapping them up and gifting them back to him, hoping that he would get the hint and start remembering where he put things. LOL.

Tomorrow, I am using the refractometer and crusher, I have Carlos grapes in the freezer and now I'm crushing, :db

I am pretty sure she thought that knife meant more to you than it did. I hope you didn't show your disappointment too badly. Sounds like her heart was in the right place.

Have to agree with Lori on this. Sometimes we rant about something small (loss of a knife for instance) that our better half thinks it means more than it actually does. When we moved we lost one of those work lights on a stand (20 bucks) and I raised a stink that it couldn't be found so she goes out and buys me 2. Lol

Deezil - Teaming with Microbes is a great book! as you probably already know, I've been helping gardeners of all calibers to grow in a more organic environment for years, I use to speak in front of groups and gardener clubs all over the country, met some of the nicest people you can hope to meet, someone who is dedicating their free time to help nature get back to where it should be usually doesn't have time to be nasty or petty.
Soil biology is amazing, to think that all it takes is just one or two nutrients out of balance to put a season of gardening "in the crapper".
I use to read approx 90-110 soil test reports each season, spring and fall, and make recommendations based upon the soil, geographical location, and crop.
I got a chance to meet Jeff Lowenfels at an international convention in Niagara falls a few years back. We should talk sometime, you seem really interested in getting back to basics.

I got a Tempranillo Cabarnet Cellar Classic Winery Series kit . This is my very first kit from RJS . :h

besides a desk, my brother in law gave me a bottle of black maple hill 16 year old whiskey.neice gave me 4 baccarat crystal whiskey glasses and a set of 16 chilling stones....all perfect.
and for fun, i got a remote control helicopter from a party...

Deezil - Teaming with Microbes is a great book! as you probably already know, I've been helping gardeners of all calibers to grow in a more organic environment for years, I use to speak in front of groups and gardener clubs all over the country, met some of the nicest people you can hope to meet, someone who is dedicating their free time to help nature get back to where it should be usually doesn't have time to be nasty or petty.
Soil biology is amazing, to think that all it takes is just one or two nutrients out of balance to put a season of gardening "in the crapper".
I use to read approx 90-110 soil test reports each season, spring and fall, and make recommendations based upon the soil, geographical location, and crop.
I got a chance to meet Jeff Lowenfels at an international convention in Niagara falls a few years back. We should talk sometime, you seem really interested in getting back to basics.

I knew of the 'Microbes' book, but the 'Teaming with Nutrients' book was completely new to me, so I hope it's as in-depth, and hopefully pairs well with whats written in 'Teaming with Microbes'.

The 'Botany for Gardener's' was on my list too, talk about nailing it ! Lol.. A few left to get though - Gaia's Garden; Gardening at the Dragon's Gate; The Soul of Soil to name a few..

Sounds like we're on the same page; I'd appreciate any chance to talk.. I've came across a lot of information that I've taken notes on & am still trying to digest / organize / memorize.. It's become a bit of a snowball, sort of how wine making started - only this is larger, as it's tying things together for me now.

AGREE! But then......ya know what they say about make up sex!:f2:f2

John, do you misplace a lot of things? If my husband was always misplacing items, I would be wrapping them up and gifting them back to him, hoping that he would get the hint and start remembering where he put things. LOL.

Julie, every year we try to come up with 1 gift that is the lamest of all time. It is taken in fun and it is something we giggle about.

BobR,

We have been married for 25 years. I know what make-up is (that stuff that she smears on her face), but what is this "Sex" you speak of?????

(no need to say it Julie, I am already on my way to the corner)

OMG I just read this to my husband and he spit his coffee out laughing. Thanks! Now I have to clean it up. BTW we hit 31 this July.

We have been married for 25 years. I know what make-up is (that stuff that she smears on her face), but what is this "Sex" you speak of?????

(no need to say it Julie, I am already on my way to the corner)

:)JohnT, I swear that you are married to my wife's sister! Oh Gosh, wait another 5 years, it gets even better.

My oldest son bought me a 100oz. oak barrel. Not sure what I am going to put in it for my first "oak barrel" experiment. Should give me a good idea of how to use it, etc. in case I ever want to get a bigger one.

My wife and I received a crystal engraved decanter from my oldest son. Other than that nothing wine related. I did, however get to spend the day with my family and that is worth more than anything.

(the sunday before Christmas our priest asked me if I would be interested in a press. He apparenltly purchased it for his father in law who used it once. FIL had a stroke 6 months after getting it and was unable to use it anylonger. I think his FIL passed away at this point but it's like brand new. He told me to come get it and we would discuss price later...He said it was fairly large and he originally paid 400-500 for it several years ago.)

My wife and I received a crystal engraved decanter from my oldest son. Other than that nothing wine related. I did, however get to spend the day with my family and that is worth more than anything.

(the sunday before Christmas our priest asked me if I would be interested in a press. He apparenltly purchased it for his father in law who used it once. FIL had a stroke 6 months after getting it and was unable to use it anylonger. I think his FIL passed away at this point but it's like brand new. He told me to come get it and we would discuss price later...He said it was fairly large and he originally paid 400-500 for it several years ago.)

How about a Picture?

my husband and I went in together on a 70 inch LED tv.for our gift to each other. Now we're waiting for our 1st Canuck's game!

Hi JohnT ,

"" We have been married for 25 years. I know what make-up is (that stuff that she smears on her face), but what is this "Sex" you speak of????? ""
Let me give you a hint :

IMG_20131109_191356.jpg

Back