Whats ya get for Christmas????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have questions about wine, go to paul and the world atlas...
nice gift you got there.....bet its read cover to cover.

Looks like we had some naughty and some nice folks this year. I got a couple of wine kits (gifts for me and the wife from me and the wife), a very nice rechargeable Oster cork puller, and a sweet port decanter set with four sippers (from my lovely wife). She is very encouraging with my hobby!

IMG_0726.jpg

anyone have questions about wine, go to paul and the world atlas...
nice gift you got there.....bet its read cover to cover.

Ha! Funny you should say that. I did start browsing it, then said "No, damn it, I am going to read this cover to cover!" (We'll see how long that sentiment lasts.)

I did go on a winery tour in the Finger Lakes (which I will give a full report on later), so I read that section of the atlas first.

I got some of my favorite gifts...Gift Cards! I also received one of those small barrels for making spirits, I really think that my in-laws thought that it was a wine barrel...LOL, it'll make a nice decoration in my office, 36 oz beer stein, a set of beer glasses, and so on, it feels weird when your children start getting you better gifts than you got them!

I only asked for two things and got them both. A 21 bottle wine cooler with 2 chambers and separate temp controllers. Also a lazy susan made from the top of a used wine barrel. That thing is huge!
Love my daughters, they really pay attention.

Last edited:
John,

I'll post a pic later. I spent the last 3 days (2 evenings and all day Saturday) working at our church stripping wall paper and prepping walls for paint. We're hoping to be done this Thursday. Haven't been home much needless to say..

TSK, TSK, TSK, For SHAME!!!

I am surprised at you FFEMT!

Stripping in a church!

I got myself a very nice Kitchenaid mixer. And Manthing got some kind of fancy doodad that allows him to draw with a stylus onto a pad that connects directly to the computer. We each picked out and purchased what we wanted for Christmas and then pitched in towards each other's gifts. Then he surprised me Christmas morning with a watch, bracelet, and necklace.

A friend of mine got me graduated measuring cups. They are matroyshkas dolls and I absolutely love them.
I got nice yarn and several advanced proof novels.
Manthing's parents got me a giftcard to the local winery.
One of my sisters bought me a a giftcard for a pedicure.
All in all, this was a pretty good Christmas.

Back