Whats ya get for Christmas????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks,

I am getting old.

What I should have said (on my first post to this thread)...

I must have been a bad boy, I found nothing but cans of Welches in my stocking..... :)

We got each other 4 kits we agreed on from fine vine wines last sale. W drove 5 hours to pick them up in Dallas. Unfortunately the ice storm had the winemakers toy store locked up tight. We were so disappointed but George was kind enough to brave the ice storm and meet us at the store so we had 4 kits under the tree! Stag's leap merlot, NZ unoaked chard, NZ Sauvignon blance, and Bc okanagan merit age! All cellar craft! Yippee!

I got a Merlot wine kit, a stainless steel tube to put oak chips in, a gift certificate to LHBS. Framed photos from my daughters wedding and finally a I-Phone. Best feeling from the holidays was drinking just my own wines no commercial stuff, priceless. Bakervinyard

I got my first oak barrel! Now I'm so panicked I'll screw it up, I haven't touched it! Lol.

The theme for me this year was 'buy Ray what she would never buy for herself' i.e. jewellery.

Ugh. I like to wear jewellery, and am expected to have nice stuff for work, but couldn't manage to pick out something decent for myself if my life depended on it. Now, however, I have a rack full of great costume stuff that I won't embarrass myself in!

Our only child, son, is home from college for a few weeks... it's been the best gift ever. Last night he and bottled two batches of wine. The time together is priceless.

BC

I'd double like that, but it won't let me

Hi Kim (Vernsgal)

"'hey zalai, isn't that the McDonald's logo? ""
Yes it is with a slight modification . :b

Heck no, this is a U-Pick farm. Pay me the high price for organic and you figure out how to cut t and take it out. No Machines.

I had to laugh when I actually saw a ad for this on Craigs list when everyone else was listing organic fruit.

very versatile table saw...cuts really well, and has a decent guide.
very portable , which i like....enjoy it....hummmmm
do is see some new wine racks in that....

I got The World Atlas of Wine by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. Also a few other wine-related doo-dads.

51FPNqrQSTL._SX258_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife must have listened to me complain one to many times. She drove down to see Doug at Brew and Wine Supply. (We live near St. Louis, Mo, so it was only an hour round trip) and bought me an All in One Pump. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Where is Doug at brew and wine supply? I live near st louis also? I goto st louis wine and beer supply in town and country.

I also received a few wine toys for xmas. Acid kit from my son, a mini jet filter, 5 gal carboy and a gift certificate to st louis wine and beer supply in town & country mo. Gotta luv the holidays. As i have told my wife u cannot have to many carboys.

Latest posts

Back