What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a very nice utility sink for the basement today when stopping by frankr3 to bring him some bottles from my dump source as I have enough for a awhile. He had it out in the driveway with a sign that said $20 on it. I tried to give him the twenty but he would not except, thats what friends are for.:b

Wade that looks like the same sink I am using. I notice you sewer line is up like mine also. I assume you have a pump already for your washing machine to pump the water up.

Today I brewed 10 gal of my version of Yuengling beer with a few of my Beer club members. The name of the club is
"Barley Legal Homebrewers"

Today I brewed 10 gal of my version of Yuengling beer with a few of my Beer club members. The name of the club is
"Barley Legal Homebrewers"

Yuengling is a great beer, Tom. Around Scranton, PA if you head into a bar and ask for "a lager" they know what you mean. Love it. You know, wasn't long ago it was a PA only beer. New Jersey and New York haven't had it for more than 10 yrs I'd bet.

Rest of the world doens't know what they're missing. :b

Yuengling is a great beer, Tom. Around Scranton, PA if you head into a bar and ask for "a lager" they know what you mean. Love it. You know, wasn't long ago it was a PA only beer. New Jersey and New York haven't had it for more than 10 yrs I'd bet.

Rest of the world doens't know what they're missing. :b

Every time a couple guys from our shop head to PA for work they always come home with a few cases of Yuengling.

We've had it hear for as long as I can remember from childhood.
But again, I'm just a little south in MD.

Was going to rack and bottle a 5 gallon batch of rose petal wine,,, but stupid is as stupid does...
I shook it up a little while carrying it down the stairs. So I settled for bottling another batch of blackberry. #3.
Four more batches to go... So far I'm happy with every one I've bottled. Two different yeast so far, Champagne, and Premier Cuvee. This one was the first I tried with the addition of a bit of tannin to the ferment.

Racked the elderberry into a carboy this morning as well as stabilizing and adding fpac to the wine expert blackbery cabernet. No problems there.

I installed a glass block window for my son today. Had about 1" gap to fill on all sides after removing wood framing. No big deal. followed my norm procedure of scooping mortar with hand and filling in gap with trowel. Done it tons of times before.

Started my Jalepano wine today. The above ties into this as lessons learned. I've cut peppers before without issue. When they say to wear gloves when cutting Jalepeno peppers, do it. Especially when your hands are raw from handling mortar earlier in the day.

I cut up the peppers, Damn my hands are burning. Wash them with dishwashing detergent and dry with paper towel. Sweating, I take said paper towel and wipe forehead. Now both hands and forehead are burning. Tried everything I could think of. Nothing solved problem. Resort to internet. Pepto Bismol. Wow it did the trick. Note to self wear gloves.

Made stuffed Jalepaneo peppers for dinner. Hot, hot, hot. Can't wait to try the wine....

Well, realized we're down to our last few bottles of skeeterpee - so ran out grabbed some more realemon 32oz (1L) bottles. Damn this stuff goes quick, I'll just have to start a perpetual batch here... Bottle one - start #2...

Racked the elderberry into a carboy this morning as well as stabilizing and adding fpac to the wine expert blackbery cabernet. No problems there.

I installed a glass block window for my son today. Had about 1" gap to fill on all sides after removing wood framing. No big deal. followed my norm procedure of scooping mortar with hand and filling in gap with trowel. Done it tons of times before.

Started my Jalepano wine today. The above ties into this as lessons learned. I've cut peppers before without issue. When they say to wear gloves when cutting Jalepeno peppers, do it. Especially when your hands are raw from handling mortar earlier in the day.

I cut up the peppers, Damn my hands are burning. Wash them with dishwashing detergent and dry with paper towel. Sweating, I take said paper towel and wipe forehead. Now both hands and forehead are burning. Tried everything I could think of. Nothing solved problem. Resort to internet. Pepto Bismol. Wow it did the trick. Note to self wear gloves.

Made stuffed Jalepaneo peppers for dinner. Hot, hot, hot. Can't wait to try the wine....

Careful taking a shower or anything else Doug!!!

That reminds me of a time many years ago when I was racing dirt bikes and went to work the next morning and was very sore so put some Bengay on while working and then had to go to the bathroom. Guess what I forgot to do before handling my junk!!!!!!!:pee:sh:tz:)

Probably going to bottle my last Strawberry today. I did a Blackberry yesterday and tried a bottle of it last night. This batch I added tannin and it was a little different than the first two batches.

banging my face off the desk. 7 hours into engineering a monster bookcase. Includes the cabinets, a 2 part faceframe, door end panels and a bunch of structural mods to the house.

AutoCAD crashed. Normally not a problem as my autosave runs every 15 minutes. Except I reorganized that drive a couple days ago and forgot to remap.

<bangs head harder>

Well, realized we're down to our last few bottles of skeeterpee - so ran out grabbed some more realemon 32oz (1L) bottles. Damn this stuff goes quick, I'll just have to start a perpetual batch here... Bottle one - start #2...
i hear ya im down to my last two gals. time to make some more.

banging my face off the desk. 7 hours into engineering a monster bookcase. Includes the cabinets, a 2 part faceframe, door end panels and a bunch of structural mods to the house.

AutoCAD crashed. Normally not a problem as my autosave runs every 15 minutes. Except I reorganized that drive a couple days ago and forgot to remap.

<bangs head harder>

<Face Palm> D'Oh!

<bangs head harder>

There is a word for times like this...

Latest posts

Back