What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the tragedy is made worst because this was these parents only child, they had a son who died at age 2 of an illness.

I transferred 3 of the 5 gallon carboys of Noble Muscadine into fresh carboys last night. I ended up with 12 1/2 gallons of Juice with little to no sediment and a 3 gallon carboy of slurry. I'm figuring after final settling out I should be able to get another gallon of juice from the heavy lees. Sometime today I'll transfer the remaining 7 gallons into a clean carboy and plase the heavy lees into another 3 gallon carboy to settle out.

From the 4 gallons of heavy lees left over from the Reds, I will be able to get about 1 1/2 gallons of juice for topping up purposes down the road based on where they have settled out so far.

I bottled my Cellar Craft, Showcase Collection, Yakima Valley Riesling. I got 28- 750ml's and 7- 375ml splits.

Got the rejection letter for the new job... darn it... I was counting on getting out of where I am. I'll keep looking!

Debbie

I get to go home today!!!!!! We are finishing the house We built today. Get to stay home for a month or so and build an addition on my house. I'll get to see my new son and the rest of my family as well.
While I'm home I'll also get to play with my wine and beer. Probabily brew beer tomorow:D:sm

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Got the rejection letter for the new job... darn it... I was counting on getting out of where I am. I'll keep looking!

Debbie

They say when one door closes another door opens there will be another job come your way and it will be even better then the last one keep your chin up and keep looking

last night I drank some Pinot Noir (store bought, dont yell at me) and figured out where in my house I am going to start making wine. Thinking I might make a trip to Dallas this weekend to check out the wine maker's toy store.

Tonight I am going to cook a steak and have some cab sauv.

Heading out to dinner soon with my wife of 10 years as of today! :hug

Scored 15 cases of free bottles of which five cases were 375ml ice wine bottles. All 60 bottles fit in the laundry sink and the labels came off faily easy.

I tasted both my Sauvignon Blanc as well as my Pinot Grigio from Chille this evening. Both are a mere 6 months old and I have to say they are outstanding. I'm glad I have them tucked away for future tastings. I'm sue some will make it ti a year old.

Thanks everyone! It was an awesome anniversary. :br

Started a WE White Zin kit tonight for a friend of ours. She would like to have it by May but I didn't make her any promises.

Happy Anniversary Redtrk!! I just racked my Black Currant/White Merlot, My Cellar Craft White Merlot and also my RJS Super Tuscan.

Last edited:
Making Osso Buco, Emeral's recipe. Four large (and expensive) veal shanks. De-glazed the pot with 1-1/2 cup of test bottle of RJS Cru Select Valpolicella Repasso bottled earlier this year. Will finish the Valp with the Osso Buco later tonight.

Also cleaning 3 cases (6 bottle case) of bottles. Very easy label removal. I get about a case of these bottles (Cadaretta, Cabernet/Semillon) every month from an uncle. He keeps them very clean and in original cases.

I think I'm supposed to add K-meta to something today, guess I better go check.

Happy Veterans weekend all. And thanks to all you vets. My draft lottery number was 349 so I never got called up. I'll bet some of you remember those days back in the late 60's and early 70's.

Latest posts

Back