What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. I just had to shoot a gun of mine as there were 3 or 4 Coyotes in the back yard right around the area where I buried him a few hours ago. I buried him in a box about 3' deep and packed it tight with 2 decent size rocks and back filled. Do you think they can smell hi already or was it just a freak thing. First my dog chased them (or 1) off way into the woods but 10 minutes later they were right in the back yard.

Thanks all. I just had to shoot a gun of mine as there were 3 or 4 Coyotes in the back yard right around the area where I buried him a few hours ago. I buried him in a box about 3' deep and packed it tight with 2 decent size rocks and back filled. Do you think they can smell hi already or was it just a freak thing. First my dog chased them (or 1) off way into the woods but 10 minutes later they were right in the back yard.

Wade,

I hope you at least hit one of the coyotes. I beleive in PA they are open season all year round. My area, there would be no chance in H3!! of firing a weapon unles it was a bow, and even then you better be a darn good shot. So off topic what did you pull out, the AR? Would have been my weapon of choice.

This evening I racked my apple and Peach ice wine into their secondays and thought I was going to start another batch of CRP but I am tired so I guess I will just have a glass of wine and relax.. I have all winter and no since of hurrying it since I am about to bottle the first batch.. Hope all is well in the Wade houshold..:gb:gb:gb

By the way Wade I could have sent my avatar up to help out..... hehehe

Yeah, the AR as mine is pretty darn quiet if yoiu know what I mean!!!! The mossberg would have been the better choice but a few minutes later there would be lots of sirens!!! My Glock is also much louder. should think about getting a 22 for this kind of stuff. The AR was way over kill but I guess if all those Coyotes starting rushing me I wouldnt be saying that with a 30 round clip in it!!!! I looked today and luckily the grave wasnt disturbed so thats good!

Fire the 22 from inside of the house and it's not very loud outside.

That just reminded me of a guy that came to buy juice a few weeks ago. He had a bullet hole through the side of his truck. He was shooting a woodchuck using his upright tailgate as a rest. Well, he was looking though a scope and didn't think about the barrel of the gun being lower and shot right through the side of his truck.

That just reminded me of a guy that came to buy juice a few weeks ago. He had a bullet hole through the side of his truck. He was shooting a woodchuck using his upright tailgate as a rest. Well, he was looking though a scope and didn't think about the barrel of the gun being lower and shot right through the side of his truck.

hahahaha man ..... oh sorry that wasn't a joke was it...

Bwaaaa haaa haaaa! What a moron! :) Firing a gun like I did last night was not something I do nor was it smart but I have 3 cats that gooutside along with my kids and my dog so I wanted to really scare them off.

Back when I was in High School, we stayed at a friends house in Somerset. His dad was making us all breakfast before sun up. Needless to say, a Savage 300 is loud as **** when fired out the kitchen window. At least he didn't have to go far for his deer. RIP Sonny.

I went and picked up my brother and when we got home we started stuffing deer sausage until our stuffer broke down it stripped the gears in it we bought it in 10-09 and only used it twice not good so I had to put my meat back in the frig and I had to take out my rhubarb juice so I guess I will be starting some wine this week also

My wife and I both have the day off today so we are taking our daughter to the zoo. Summer has been very hectic and we didn't make it so far so we are going now. Going to be a bit chilly, but it will still be a fun day.

Heading to the northern "mountains" of Pennsylvania to do a little bear hunting tomorrow.

Just went to the local dairy farm to buy 5 gallons of raw cow's milk. Today's plan to make a 2 pound wheel of Monterey Jack cheese, tomorrow I'm making a 3 pound wheel of cheddar! :)

I spent the morning and afternoon next to a guy cutting the cheese all day at the Farmers Market in Lake Placid today. I sell wine and he sells cheese and he gives out samples all day so he is constantly cutting the cheese- and sometimes it smells like that! He makes some very Gouda cheese.

I wouldn't say it's hard, I've only made about 4 or 5 different batches, and they were pretty easy batches! I did make a gouda that came out great, it' melts wonderfully on crackers. Not sure if they are supposed to be this way, but they come out differently from the store bought, they are a little softer. I'm going to have to learn patience with my cheese as well as with the wine, as many are much better aged! The cheddar seems more involved then the ones I've done before, so we'll see how easy that one is tomorrow. :) It's mostly holding the milk or curds at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time, then doing the next step, etc. Then you put it in a press (I have a plastic mold with barbell weights) for a certain amount of time (usually 12 hours). Then you seal it, let it age. You actually keep it at a pretty similar temperature as the wine (55 degrees), so storage isn't too much of a problem. My brother bought me a cheese making kit last year for Christmas from Leener's (they have a great starter kit with just about everything you need), so that's how I got into it.

Farmers chees is the best!!!! I went in to work for 5 1/2 hours, came home and changed my spark plugs as the cars been studdering the last few days!! Then I did the yard and changed the oil and oil filter and plug on the riding mower and winterized it. Then I changed the oil and winterized the generator and stabilized all the gas cans I have for that. I just took my shower and took 2 pills because my back is freakingkilling me!!!!!

I've made a few farmer's cheeses too, I even put some herbs in it.......it was great also on crackers!

At least I wasn't the only one working.........saw a few patients this morning to get a little overtime in.........Christmas is coming!

lol, I received the cheese starter kit last year for Christmas as well, I did fresh mozza, wow is that good, I am looking to do more cheeses when winter gets here. Glad to hear someone else making cheese, I know DjSteve wants to get a thread started on cheese making.

lol, I received the cheese starter kit last year for Christmas as well, I did fresh mozza, wow is that good, I am looking to do more cheeses when winter gets here. Glad to hear someone else making cheese, I know DjSteve wants to get a thread started on cheese making.

He actually did start a thread a while back after talking about it in the chat room, a few people replied.....but I haven't heard much since! Cheese is fun.......I love playing with the curds! It smells really good too, nothing like nibbling on a few warm cheese curds. :)

Back