What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've a huge storm, with gale force winds, heading our way tonight.

making sure everything is tied down and plenty of firewood inside.

got the candles and stuff organised in case the power goes out.

You know somethings that could be fun, hanging out during a bad storm and it can, also, be scary. Good Luck, I hope you do not sustain any damage.

Made a real quick wine rack for the shelf at the top of our basement steps. It will hold 24 bottles and temps there are fairly consistent. Will beat running to the basement for a bottle of wine whenever one is needed. I'll put a few of each that we have been drinking there and then mabe a few of what will be ready soon. I'll take a picture and try to post soon.

St Allie

sounds like a good storm
wind blows here some times 90 plus
Get a cup of hot coffie put your feet up let it storm
Joseph

Neice's birthday party today. Weather forecast said slight chance of rain again mid afternoon. Rest of the week they said was going to be sunny and low to mid 80's. Going to be a bike week. yeah.....

gotta go to the recycling center....cant wait for free road side to kick in out here, such a PITA to go to the center LOL!!! gonna hit wally world and replace the sugar my dog ate, and finally get the Skeeter Pee started hopfully today! need to clean a bit as well but MEH so dont wanna LOL!

Last nite I helped a friend bottle four batches of wine. I took my enolmatic filler and thermocapsular with me. He is ordering both of them this week after seeing how awesome they were. Today I will spend a little time cleaning up the wine making area and then work outside. Need to spray some round up around.

Speaking of Round up it reminds me of a true story. About four years ago (Christmas time) a manager asked an elderly gentlemen we had working for us to round up the poinsettias. Yeah you guessed it! Sprayed every single one of them (about three hundred total).

My brother took me out this morning at daylight to the tomato farm he works on to pick black berries. Sure enough, there be berries in them there bushes!
We got started around 7 am and by 10:30 am had 30 pounds.
He said we'ld give one good spot another couple days and hit them again!
Now I think the wife and I are going to go out for dinner.

sounds like a good storm
wind blows here some times 90 plus
Get a cup of hot coffie put your feet up let it storm
Joseph

So much for the storm..

we got a bit of rain with no winds at all..

I thought they had satellite forecasts nowadays?

am still sitting here with my candles....

Got back from the SIL's house around 5:30 and left at 5:45 for a 54 mile ride on the motorcycle. It was kind of relaxing, should have been a bit further but I cam back the highway instead of the back roads since I knew my wife had stuff she wanted to get done this evening.

Can't wait for this week, going to be a bike week everywhere I go.

Fertilized all my plants today. It's a big job but very pleasant. Was mostly sunny and 70*.

Also stared at the cranberry melomel for a while trying to decide whether to add a clearing agent. So far I've never used any, but would kind of like to get it wrapped up so I can start another batch. Decided ignoring it would build character and closed the closet door.

Racked my wifes Wildberry Pomegranite Zin, started 2 6 gallon sugar washes, started a Blueberry Melomel and an RJS Cru Select kit that was given to me.

Lets just say its just sugar and water and yeast and when its done fermenting it goes into a stainless steel or copper vessel and is heated for some time!!!! :d

Lets just say its just sugar and water and yeast and when its done fermenting it goes into a stainless steel or copper vessel and is heated for some time!!!! :d

SMACKS Wades hand!

( you know you deserved it )

Allie

thanks Doug........thanks......

LOL!!! and yup that was me....in my defense the pond has many trails and they are all color coded with little markers ,and the trail i was on was the yellow trail......at the point i got lost the trail marker turned orange :( so i kept straight instead of turning with the orange ......who could know that!!!

Back