What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started my blackberry wine, racked my red/white clover the 2nd time, bottled my banana port, sparkled my xmas brew and considered starting a beer this weekend, but I pooped out. Yeesh...and, btw, where are the results to the Winemakermag competition? Bummed..boo.

Tom - How did your 36 gallons of Italian grape juice go back in 2009?

My god thats alot of juice hehe,

So I tried my newly built apple press out, worked out I was missing something as a bag full of apples cut into quarters returned only half a cup of juice.. Only to realise that I had to mulch the apples up first, dammit! So this weekend I'm receiving 200 kg's of apples (picked up 100kgs last weekend), but the important part is either building a apple grinder or buying a kitchen waste disposal unit... Either way those apples have to die muahahahahaha :tz

The CA and Italian reds still aging. Bottled the Frascati and the verdicchio this week.

Today was nice here so I did some work in one of my flowerbeds & had some SP while I did it . Then chilled out for awhile before supper oh guess I'm still chillin out but have moved on to my Cranberry Delight wine I made .Think it will another wine I made next then what will it be while we watch the hockey game ???

I'm Working on some double fermented apple wine. Right now I have it in a keg with 50 lbs. co2 pressure on it. I have apple Champagne in mind. It has been in there for 2 days. last night it got down to 22F outside so I brought it in at 3:00 am. T don't know if I can get it cold enough and stable enough to get it out of the keg and into champagne bottles. you get a glass of foam when it settles back into liquid. it is pretty tasty But how can I get into a bottle?

Beautiful day here today, in fact a beautiful long weekend. Planted my vegetable garden today and when it got too hot, went in the basement and vacuum degassed and filtered three red wines. Was hoping to get at some plumbing in my wine room-to-be so I can get geared up for making more but unfortunately didn't get done. Haven't made a kit since Dec and have 13 ready to start so gotta get goin'!!

Spent the day taking my mother to the Cleveland Clinic for an appointment then came home and got my truck and went to the wineries and picked up 16 cases of wine bottles. I helped a friend bottle the other nite and he liked all of my toys and got his wife's permission to get some of the same things. He told me to just order him everything he needs that he doesn't already have and he'll pay me for them.
Pretty cool Called George while I was on the road today and ordered him a new thermocapsular and a bunch of other stuff to the tune of 300.00. Tomorrow I will order his enolmatic filler! This is kinda fun with someone elses money!

Do you think he would notice if you bought me an Enol also? Hehehe

LOL..I am also going to get him the attachment for racking from carboy to another and one for myself since it really wouldn't add to the shipping. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my vacuum pump. The convenience alone may be worth it.

Switched servers and emails today. What a PIA. The first router didn't work so I had to run back to Best Buy and get another one. After an hour or so of playing with it, it's finally woking. Now I have to remember who to contact to change my email address.

I am having an extremely bad day here! Had a real rough day at work with temps in the mid 90's at work and being rushed all day due to lack of management duties and then come home to find that my wife screwed up the laptop by shutting it down while running a scan disc by holding the off button down and this or maybe it is just a coincidence fried the hardive. Then I jump on my desktop and make a few posts and step away from it for a few only to come back to it stuck on detecting IDE drives and wont go any further no matter what I do so in a few hours Im down 2 computers and now stealing my daughters laptop. Oh by the way I also discovered a sheet rock screw in my back tire and has a slow leak. :c I may be missing a little in the next few days!

wade

I hear that .
yesterday some one got my cc. no. and name and went on a buying spree .tried to empty my bank acct. i got it in time so far had to change cc.
and red tag bank acct. it was some one up north and in iceland.man what a day. got to find some other way to order on the web,
Joseph

What a Bummer Wade. Tomorrow can only be better of course. Hope you get your computers back up soon. But then on the other hand maybe you should stick to your daughters computer, I think the spell check is working better :)

dan, congrats thats awsome!

wade, damn that blows! im sorry ur having such a bad day!!! hoping it gets better for ya!!

as for me , went with the daughters entire second grade to DC today......a PACKED bus ride (4 busses realy but i only care about the one i was on), screaming 8 year olds, and me as a chaperone.......whos bright idea was this anyways ...........oh ya, MINE! i volunteered for this LMAO!!!!
we had fun! but man am i nackered and i cant wait for bed! if it was for idol i would be there now!!!!!!!

gawd Wade.. open a wine!..

joseph that's scary.. the bank and cc company are covering the losses?

Dan.. I have your new email... cheers darl

I have some homework to do.. but first day at job good, nice people and simple stuff so far.

Allie

st allie

Yes they are. but i had to call all of stores to stop them from shipping things, got it done in the nic of time .
Joseph

Thanks! :D
Wade, hope your day gets better.
Now it's off to my first day at the second full time job.

Back