What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad he's OK, Craig!

Went for an early morning run. Perfect weather - 55F, cloudy, no wind, and a few sprinkles of rain here and there. Off to Church and out to lunch with some friends. They suggested Dogfish Head Alehouse. I said after Lent. :dg So we'll find someplace else. ;)

Not good news, sounds like he's not going to make it to his 91st birthday. I hate funerals. At least she is up there with him at this point. He only has 10% heart function, so it was a very major heart attack. Any prayers appreciated!

Sending some up for him now. So sorry to hear.

Very sorry to hear that Craig. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Not good news, sounds like he's not going to make it to his 91st birthday. I hate funerals. At least she is up there with him at this point. He only has 10% heart function, so it was a very major heart attack. Any prayers appreciated!

Well bottled a Sangiovese this afternoon and then watched men's curling this afternoon with a happy hour at close friennds (grammar on this is probably horrible, but did I mention happy hour ? :) )

As expected he didn't make it through the night, died around 8:45 pm. He did so in his sleep which was a blessing.

Thank you for the prayers, my wife said she experienced a calmness throughout the hectic day where she expected not to be "in control" of her emotions.

Now comes the "fun" part. He will be buried at Ft. Indiantown Gap since he's a WWII veteran (served under Patton @ Battle of the Bulge among other battles). They will obviously dictate what day services are on. (edit: Wow, services and internment Thursday. Very surprised at the quick turn around. My wife is quite pleased!)

Edit: This site has been a great diversion this weekend. Nice to get on here and forget about life's cares for a while with a glass of wine.

Last edited:
Craig, praying that you and your family find peace in this difficult time.

Last edited:
Craig, you have our sympathy for your loss. He must have been a real "youngster" at the Battle of the Bulge. That was back at the time when young men felt an obligation to serve.

This past week, my Bride and I bottled all of our bulk aging (i.e. > 16 months for reds, > 6 months for whites) wines:

87 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc
20 bottles of Old Vine Zinfandel
31 bottles of Merlot
30 bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon
30 bottles of Carmenere
87 bottles of Amarone
129 bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon-Sangiovese

We have about 25 gallons to move into bulk aging and then start our Spring line up, which so far is 18 gallons of Pinot Grigio and 18 gallons of Traminer-Riesling.

Latest posts

Back