What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a long day! Glad it is over, but things went very well. My wife nailed the eulogy, which was incredible, had people laughing and me sobbing. First open casket funeral for any of my kids, was tough on them, especially Christopher who really misses his grandpa.

The internment at the Gap was incredibly well done, as it usually is. The 21 gun salute followed by taps was too much for me to handle. Like I said, glad it's over. Drinking a beer to see if I can handle a glass of wine later tonight with my wife without passing out.

Thank you all for your ongoing concern.

Finally sitting here looking at the forum drinking a long awaited glass of wine. Spent most of my day running the girls to play practice and my son to baseball practice, only to watch it snow as they took batting practice. I feel like I did when we went to Mont Tremblant back in the late 80's, skied all day, then sat around a fire drinking any favorite beverage. I'm beat. Just got an impromptu backrub from my better half which isn't helping my cause to stay awake.

Maybe tomorrow I can get something wine oriented done. Need to or we soon won't be able to get to the entrance of the basement, the carboys are piling up like sheep looking for their next pasture. Baaaaah.

Starting 5 gallons of Walker's Catawba grape juice. I was surprised at the color of it. It looks like a very strong dark tea.
:b

Last edited:
Busy day.
Racking my WE amarone kit for secondary. Stabilizing, degasing and clearing my Island mist kit. Washing two 20 years old 6 gal carboy and 5 half gallon bottle given to me by a friends of my father.
Lots of dish washing...:ib

yesterday we sold wine at the Wine spectacular in Pittsburgh. We rolled out our new wine called General Braddock which is a Fredonia/Catawba blend. We sold out of 3 wines (our Battlefield Blush, Catawba and Diamond).

We got a shipment of juice in this week and we need to finish a bunch of wines and get the labels approved by the TTB. During dinner at a local restaurant, we spoke with the owner about carrying our wines in the bar and restaurant, which he was receptive to do. Tasting will be scheduled for this week. Woo hoo!!!

Kids are on spring break. I'm off today and we're headed downtown to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

Shopping for a replacement for Mrs. Boatboy's iPhone. She dropped it, screen down, on the driveway this afternoon. :ft Two things going for me: 1) it was an iPhone 5C (cheap), 2) she barely wanted that (upgraded from a dumb phone) and doesn't care the least about gadgets or technology.

I'm just the opposite...I just bought a pack of Bluetooth light bulbs that I control from my iPhone.
There are separate bulbs for the bedroom vs. living room. (light color and intensity are changable.)
I love technology!

Wife's day to cook dinner, so we went out to Chili's.... Ordered a big container of Reduless and 3 pounds of Sorbate from Presque Isle. I would like to take off Friday to use up the last of my leftover vacation from 3025, but people are scheduling meetings for that day. Argh.....

will fertilize the lawn tomorrow, but we have to clean the house for Easter.

Back