What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last day of the work week for me, off tomorrow but sadly had to take it off to get my taxes done. Started off today with a two egg, spinach and shallot omelette with home grow hot pepper flake. Yumm

Hoping to finish up painting the trim in my dining room today. I have to prime and paint and then the remodel project will be complete. It was a total gut job. Rewired and insulated. I managed to save the old trim since the house was built in 1903 and had to shim out all the studs to accommodate the lack of plaster and rock lathe. If I can finish today it will be exactly 2 weeks from start to finish of the project. Not to shabby for a one man crew.

Hoping to back sweeten some of my blended wines this weekend and also bottle the Cab I have for my nieces wedding so I can get it out of here next weekend when my wife goes up for the bridal shower.

If I can finish today it will be exactly 2 weeks from start to finish of the project.

Hey Doug you're making me look bad. I've been restoring the outside of my house for 7 years. I still have 2/3 of one side to shingle. Lol, Bakervinyard

Just finished stuffing over 100 plastic eggs with candy. We are hosting part of my family and my M-I-L tomorrow. So, I'm running around today. Off to pick up the Honeybaked ham shortly, then my youngest has T-ball practice (who does this on Easter weekend, by the way!!?? First one of the season too!). Grocery store, mow lawn, hopefully go for a run.

If I can finish today it will be exactly 2 weeks from start to finish of the project.

Hey Doug you're making me look bad. I've been restoring the outside of my house for 7 years. I still have 2/3 of one side to shingle. Lol, Bakervinyard

My husband has you beat, been remodeling the inside for 10 years now!

Planting a Honey Crisp and Red Delicious Apple Trees I got at Tractor Supply. They have nice trees on sale right now for $19.00 . These will complement all the other apple and pear trees I planted. Hoping to have a nice productive orchard by the time I retire some day for wine and cider making. The HoneyCrisp is more for eating the red delicious will add that extra bite for cider.

Just finished stuffing over 100 plastic eggs with candy. We are hosting part of my family and my M-I-L tomorrow. So, I'm running around today. Off to pick up the Honeybaked ham shortly, then my youngest has T-ball practice (who does this on Easter weekend, by the way!!?? First one of the season too!). Grocery store, mow lawn, hopefully go for a run.

I was amazed that they had cancelled this weekends baseball practice for my son. They have had a practice on Sunday a few weeks ago that no one showed up to, so I think they got the message!

Here's a pick of the finished dining room and also what it looked like when I started. Two weeks and one day. I finished on Saturday so it was done for Easter. Still need to hang curtains but we need to buy them first. Hardwood floors were done 4 years ago and I was able to keep and reuse the original trim. That was important to me since the house was built in 1903.

1459178962967.jpg

1459178982986.jpg

1459179020543.jpg

Doug, the room looks great. I really love that old construction. Are they 10' ceilings? The wood trim is great and even more impressive when one considers that it was all done with hand tools; no table saws, miter saws or nail guns. I am considering a project of buying an older house to restore and sell, both to make some money (or at least no lose any money) and have something to do. The problem is, most of the homes I would like are in some "tough" areas. There are a couple areas around Columbus, in the city, that people are moving back to and homes are really spectacular and bring good money. Still looking.

Latest posts

Back