What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrating my birthday with a Prime NY strip and some Amarone tonight. :db

Tom: I'm using Bacchus on both the Carm and Malbec.

Most likely heading out to the Zoo with the family today. First thing in the morning when they open is the best time to go. It's going to be a brisk one today. May have to head up to Arsenal Cider and try out their Cranberry Cider.

Finally home from a trip in Florida, though I was able to bring back 2 bottles of Key Limen wine for my wife's birthday. I enjoyed a nice D&O Cellars Malvasia Blanc, while my wife would only share a gulp out of a bottle of Running Wolf Winery Peach wine.

Off to celebrate the wife's birthday today, then to a grad party and working in DC tomorrow.

Fired up the smoker pit this AM. Marinated a whole pork tenderloin overnight in my blackberry-habenero sauce. :sh Also threw on a small beef brisket as well as a couple of slabs of baby back ribs. I figure if I am going to all the trouble to fire this bad boy up for the day, going to make it worth the while. Cooking over a mixture of pecan, apple, cherry. :hug

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

I racked 21 gallons of wine. Pitched the yeast on 5 gallons of blackberry jam wine that I will blend with 6 gallons of muscadine that is ready.

I am also grieving. I busted my first and last carboy! Full of white grape and peach skeeter pee. Man I was looking forward to that.

Drove to Boston today to pick up 5 Orchard Breezin kits and a few extra carboys on the cheap from someone who bought and then didn't want them. Probably starting up one of the kits tonight but I am still sans hydrometer and all the brew shops were closed on Sunday, so maybe waiting until Tuesday so I will have accurate readings.

Also racked a Cab kit and a Welch's juice wine off their lees and oak for some further aging.

Stuck working in DC today so that I can attend my wife's, son's and sister in laws birthdays with a belated Mother's day celebration. Hopefully we can bottle 5 gallons of Cranberry Pomegranate tomorrow, as I need to backsweeten the Skeeter Pee and 11 more gallons of Cran Pom.

Boatboy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
Thanks Tom. Here's the meal I mentioned. Prime NY Strip with crab stuffed portabellas, corn on the cob and Caesar salad.

Once a year, I splurge on a prime or Wagyu steak - they are heavenly.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a snap from last nights BBQapalooza.... :)

We had grilled corn on the cob, potato salad, watermelon/cucumber salad and of course a little WINE!

IMG_1476.jpg

Back