What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it used to be that I would have to force my son to help me bottle wine. Now that he has turned 21, he has been the one to initiate the bottling process, though now it costs me a bottle or two per batch bottled.

The Muscat and the Amarone continue to ferment in the garage. We need to do some more bottling to free up some carboys. I wonder what all that will cost me???

Roflmao, well then you should not have taught him his life lessons so well :tz :tz :tz :tz

This evening I selected a 2011 Elderberry that I added oak to. In fact I over oaked it and thought it would never be anything more than a topping wine. I was wrong! 1-1/2 years later it is indeed an excellent elderberry wine! This makes me happy since I have around 150 bottles of it!

This evening I selected a 2011 Elderberry that I added oak to. In fact I over oaked it and thought it would never be anything more than a topping wine. I was wrong! 1-1/2 years later it is indeed an excellent elderberry wine! This makes me happy since I have around 150 bottles of it!

...and I'll see a bottle of this Friday?

I haven't been on for awhile since I've been spending every free moment remodeling our kitchen and downstairs bathroom. At last this weekend since we now once again have a working sink I was able to rack 6 gallons of Pino Grigio, 6 gallons of Coastal White, 5 gallons of Welches and started a batch of WE Shiraz which was bubbling away when I checked it this morning before leaving for work. :u

I would love to be able to find enough elderberries to make 150 bottles....

Ok, I'm proud to say that I bottled 27 Gewürztraminers & 27 oak infused Chardonnay's. My 54 soldiers are standing at attention and waiting for labels.

Many thanks to Steve, the All In One, pump guy for helping me remember how to use his piece of equipment. Not only did he call me on the weekend, his equipment worked flawlessly. Thanks again Steve.

added medium toast American oak to the Cabernet, which will be tested again in 2 months. The Muscat and Carmenare continue to ferment away. The garage smells good....

Sitting in the doctors office waiting for him to sign my paperwork to return to active duty. No more desk job for me!!!!!!!!!!

Traditionally in June I travel north to Quebec for a week of fishing some of the most pristine lakes and catching many Northern Pike and Walleyes. I at the last moment cancelled my participation in that trip and decided to take my bride back to Florida for a couple of weeks on the gulf coast. I think I may charter a boat and try my hand at chatching a Goliath Grouper. Captain Dave, whom I usually charter with told me the smallest one caught last year was just over 500 pounds and the average was 1100 pounds! I wonder how much Delta will charge to fly that back!

sanitized more bottles last night in preparation for bottling. Now I have to go down and sanitize my hot packs for the Tap the Barrel event at PIWC on Saturday morning (assuming that I can get the wife up and moving on a Saturday morning).

Meanwhile, the Muscat and Carmenare are ready for racking into glass.....

I visited Presque Isle Wine Cellars today for their bulk wine sale. I now wish I had bought a couple more gallons of the port! I only bought one for myself and that was a mistake. I did buy 5 gallons of the Vidal Ice wine and 5 gallons of the old vine Zinfandel. My friend Dan and I had great conversation and a surprise during that visit. I will let Dan fill you in on the details'

Resting at work, today. Yes, resting! Been too busy at home. Finally got my paver sidewalk done. Too much work for one man! Before and after below...

PaverSidewalk.jpg

Oh yea, I almost forgot...I'm making Strawberry Extract, a BIG THANKS goes out to Saramc.

DARN YOU PHIL!!!

I got to Presque Isle at 11 am today, only to find out the port and the ice wine were sold out. So we picked up 5 gallons of Niagara and 3 gallons of Traminette. I should have done an extra 2 of Traminette and nabbed some Catawba. Maybe next time.

I was also able to satisfy the wife by trading with Dan for some of his awesome Peach wine. It was good to see Dan again. (see my humble apology on FB)

I visited Presque Isle Wine Cellars today for their bulk wine sale. I now wish I had bought a couple more gallons of the port! I only bought one for myself and that was a mistake. I did buy 5 gallons of the Vidal Ice wine and 5 gallons of the old vine Zinfandel. My friend Dan and I had great conversation and a surprise during that visit. I will let Dan fill you in on the details'

DARN YOU PHIL!!!

I got to Presque Isle at 11 am today, only to find out the port and the ice wine were sold out. So we picked up 5 gallons of Niagara and 3 gallons of Traminette. I should have done an extra 2 of Traminette and nabbed some Catawba. Maybe next time.

I was also able to satisfy the wife by trading with Dan for some of his awesome Peach wine. It was good to see Dan again. (see my humble apology on FB)

It's always great to see people who travel so far to come and see me while picking up wine. Bill don't feel so bad about Phil getting there a day early and buying so much. Can you imaging my face when I turn the corner and someone is standing there with nearly 30 1 gallon containers to be filled when most people bring carboys. Well He did bring along a bunch of those too. So anyways I'm filling one of Phil's gallon jugs with Cab sauv from a 500 gallon tank and got distracted for a moment. Just long enough to over fill it and wine come spraying out of it all over Phil! :) Hopefully Phil you didn't get pulled over going home smelling like a winery. I sold nearly 1500 gallons of wine over the two days in containers no bigger than 7 gallons.

Back