What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved my primary fermenter to the basement today. The fermentation has been steady but today it really took off and we came home to the first floor smelling like wine. No spills, this is just from the outgassing. So the wine is out of the pantry and into the basement. I didn't want the kids going to school smelling like wine tomorrow ;)

Smells good doesnt it! Did the wife like the smell? My wife cant stand the smell and I love it! Just dont let it get to cold or it could stop early! Id say if it gets below 70 down there then get a brew belt to keep it warmer and also youll want to keep it warmer for degassing and clearing.

Rod, that rack you made is awesome looking, especially now that its full, very commercial looking and elegant!

Smells good doesnt it! Did the wife like the smell? My wife cant stand the smell and I love it! Just dont let it get to cold or it could stop early! Id say if it gets below 70 down there then get a brew belt to keep it warmer and also youll want to keep it warmer for degassing and clearing.
It didn't bother me but my wife didn't like it. The basement is in the mid 60s in the spot I put it. That's about what it was at in the pantry too. No heat vent in the pantry either.

Today im drinking a raspberry i made last year
fatmanbeer.gif

Wow Rod, that looks amazing! I just did a lot of bottling this weekend. I'll probably post pics after I get home from work tonight.

rodo, I'm jealous. I don't believe I'll ever have enough carboys to make a collection like that, especially with my girlfriend whittling away at it at the same time!

rodo, I'm jealous. I don't believe I'll ever have enough carboys to make a
collection like that, especially with my girlfriend whittling away at it at the
same time!

I started with 1 or 2 kits at a time and it just sort of snow balled from there.:D

Just started a Chocolate Orange Port Kit :) YAYAY!

day was insane with the boss up everyones rear, but at least its over n I'm home. Drinking a bottle of my bluberry shiraz and dang its good!!! Luv this breezin kit!

Off work today, have to take my 5 y/o to the dentist. She has a cavity that needs a filling. After that weather permitting we may head to the park for a little. Whoooo Hooo.

This afternoon I'll take batch #3 of the pee and transfer to carboy to make room for #4 in the primary.

Have had a really bad yesterday followed by a really bad last night. I had 1.5 hrs sleep and want nothing more than to call in sick... but I know its a high case load day and will feel guilty if I do that. So with limited makeup and a no fuss ponytail, here goes nothing! Wish me luck please, I am gonna need it not to kill anyone!

Currently thawing 14 - 4 1/2 lb bags of strawberries so that I can stem them this afternoon. Hoping to pitch yeast over the weekend for a batch of strawberry wine. The above will go toward a 5 1/2 gallon batch which will equate to just over 11lbs per gallon. I should be able to get almost 5 full gallons of juicew based on previous steaming of the same berries. I'll pick up some strawberries in the strip district of Pgh for an fpac when I'm ready. Saw them the other day 8lbs for $5.00.

Back