What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filtered 11 gallons of Catawba, 6 gallons of concord, and 5 gallons of niagra. Took what wouldn't fit in 5 gallon carboys and blended into 2 gallons. Waiting til tonight to taste.​

I filtered 11 gallons of Catawba, 6 gallons of concord, and 5 gallons of niagra. Took what wouldn't fit in 5 gallon carboys and blended into 2 gallons. Waiting til tonight to taste.​

You blended all 3? Please tell us how it tastes when you get a chance :D

Sitting in Ft. Myers, FL airport. Waiting for a 9:00 pm flight back to Pittsburgh.

I'm drinking a fantastic Amarone and trying to decide what kit to make next...hmmm...lol. I'm also realizing I now have a use for those 1gal coke bottles (carboys) I found in my Grandmother's basement last fall :D

JUST pulled myself outta bed got dressed n started a load of laundry. It's a quarter to 10 and I am just now becoming alive for the day ... YAYAYAYYAYAYAYYYYYY Mission Lazy Bum has begun!! It will last a cool hour then off to the store then home to clean and do homework!! .... not much of a Lazy Bum day, but I shall take what I can get after the week I have had!

Filed for Social Security and Social Security disability.

Now the wait

I made some more wall space in the wine cellar and worked on some new display racks for my wine library. Got everything cut drilled and stained. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to cut the dowels to length and add them to the 1x12's and maybe hang them. I'll be able to add one bottle each for 45 more varieties. I have 8 bottles already waiting to go up there.

IMAG0301.jpg

After getting up to date on my wine racking etc I decided to try our my favorite new toy. ;) We have these neighbor dogs who think their only purpose to go outside it to bark continually. If mine bark when they are out I tell them to stop and they do. The neighbors never tell them to quiet down even if they go out after midnight. I will tell you that this thing works great and is well worth the money. It sends out an ultrasonic sound pulse that make them stop barking and run away. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E7KVQ2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
My other neighbor actually gave me mine since he had three of them on his work truck. He works for the utility company dealing with residential meters.

Last edited by a moderator:

You blended all 3? Please tell us how it tastes when you get a chance :D

Affe,

It was a gallon of Catawba, 1 1/4 liter of Niagra and 3 Liters of Concord. I think it was outstanding. That's just the opinion of my wife and I. I'll probably blend some of the Concord with the Catawba when I get ready to bottle. Its was a worth while experiment. Now next October when we get Catawba from Presque Isle, I'll have to get 2 buckets of Concord instead of one.

On the agenda for today is cutting up and splitting the wood from my Mulberry tree that we had cut down this week. It was too big and hasn't produced berries in almost 3 years. Will make good firewood this for the fire pit.

Just did my weekly weigh in and monthly tape out... 43 pounds lost and 21 inches down!!!! I'm feeling great and off all my meds! Have not had reflux in 2 months, and the little heart burn from spicy stuff was concurred by 2 tums!!! I am insanely happy right now!

If I can get this homework done and my grocery run done I will be starting a new batch of wine tonight... fingers crossed!!!

Just did my weekly weigh in and monthly tape out... 43 pounds lost and 21 inches down!!!! I'm feeling great and off all my meds! Have not had reflux in 2 months, and the little heart burn from spicy stuff was concurred by 2 tums!!! I am insanely happy right now!

If I can get this homework done and my grocery run done I will be starting a new batch of wine tonight... fingers crossed!!!

Great job! keep it up..

Thanks everyone!! I'm really pleased of course :) the health benifits should be my main reason I know... but dang I am just so happy my butt doesn't have its own zip code anymore!!!! I'm so close to being at my goal! It has been a very tough challange, but I think I may just be able to do it!

got most of everything done today... still have one paper left to write. I wrote one earlier and made 8 replies to the classes forums so I am almost done... UGHHHH doubt I'll get to the wine tho :(

Cleaning up after yesterday's fiasco, drove through the country looking for an acreage, and now.. Starting a Pinot Grigrio!! Loving Sundays!!

Just started an RJS, Winery Series, Chilean Malbec. This 18 liter kit had a 5.5 lb jar of grape skins. Can you say "yum"! :sm

Im wondering if any of my neighbors have called the cops yet, I'm out planting my very first grape plants and the smile on my face has to say "I'm breaking the law".

TJsBasement said:
Im wondering if any of my neighbors have called the cops yet, I'm out planting my very first grape plants and the smile on my face has to say "I'm breaking the law".

That's breaking the law?? Bahahaha!! Love IT!!

Latest posts

Back