What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a delightful 10am to 12:45 AM work day today....just shy of 15 hours. Haven't pulled a shift like that in many years.....too bad I'm Salaried. :gn

...and speaking of weather. We got 29" on Wednesday...then it rained all day Thursday. Friday was SUNNY....

Just made a home made wort chiller...$24.00 in material. I'll will try it out tomorrow!!!!

Wort Chiller.jpg

It's raining really heavily here ( rain in England......who'd have thought it? ) so I'm going to be bottling one batch of parsnip and starting another along with another batch of carrot.
I've also got a load of dried elderflowers and lavender so I'll probably do something with those.

It's raining really heavily here ( rain in England......who'd have thought it? ) so I'm going to be bottling one batch of parsnip and starting another along with another batch of carrot.
I've also got a load of dried elderflowers and lavender so I'll probably do something with those.

Raining? I don't know what rain is like anymore. From Friday evening to this morning we got another 12 inches of snow.

Ahhhh. come to jolly old England Julie. We really know what rain is about. Lol.

I bottled my Island Mist Black Berry Cabernet today. It is quite tasty. I increased the alcohol to about 11%.

I also bottled my JOAM Mead today. I ended up with 4 750 ml bottles of it. Even though the starting sg was 1.15 and the ending was 1.044 it is very tasty. Sweeter than I would have liked but you can definately taste the orange in it. I will make this again, probably try a variation with berries.

1ST time since before Christmas I was able to get to my BBQ grill. So, had a steak marinated in a Pinot Noir/Blueberry wine.

Relaxed today after a night with the American Wine Society fellows and lots of home made wine and beer drinking!!!!! Now Im filling out my entry form for the Wine Makers Mag Comp in which Im enetering 4 in the name of The Wine Makers Toy Store. Im entering 4 so far but may throw in few more depending on funds, maybe I can sneak in a few more.

1ST time since before Christmas I was able to get to my BBQ grill. So, had a steak marinated in a Pinot Noir/Blueberry wine.

Hi Tom,

You have my interest on this steak. We do not like our steaks marinated because the steak has it's own great flavor. We normally do top sirloin, medium rare (more on the rare than the medium). What does the Pinot Noir/blueberry do to your steaks? Does it enhance the steak flavor or does it change the flavor?

Julie, I buy the same steak from Sam's club. It is the best! I coat mine with olive oil and then sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning on it with some garlic. I'm with you on medium rare!

Julie, I buy the same steak from Sam's club. It is the best! I coat mine with olive oil and then sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning on it with some garlic. I'm with you on medium rare!

Nothing like Steaks on the grill done with Olive Oil and Montreal Steak. I never added additional garlic, but I do like my garlic. No chance of a vampire biting me if what they say about vampires and garlic is true.

Its a sirloin, I think it adds moistness and flavor. I guess its like "Thinking Out Of The Box" Med rare is it!

funny, i que'd it up friday night, last night and for lunch today! love my bbq!

also, i just racked a 3 gal batch of mango.

had to watch the US vs Canada game. Not a huge hockey fan, but the game was one of the best i've ever seen.

That was an awesome game of hockey .Icing on the cake when our local boy scored the winning goal ,way to go Sid !!!! way to go all our Canadian athletes :h :h

I sold my 27 litre carboy on the local ebay..

yes you can have too many carboys!

hehehhe

Allie

Just got home from work, sitting her typing this and watching TV with my 3 y/o contemplating pouring a small glass of Black Berry Cabernet.

2nd day sick from work. I haven't been sick from work in....what? 15 years?

Oh, the sweet release of it all..........

2nd day sick from work. I haven't been sick from work in....what? 15 years?

Oh, the sweet release of it all..........

Seems to me that you have been working pretty much non-stop. This is happens when you don't take wine breaks. :slp

Or are you really sick :?

Back