What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at all the choices for a new grill..

hmmm..... which one? :?

Doug,

Do it! You won't regret it.

I did, now time for a board meeting at the FD.

Oh Julie, I forgot to mention, I racked the Tropical Breeze this evening, my wife loved the sample I gave her. It was only about 2-3 oz and I added about 1/2 tsp of sugar. Great recipe you have there.

I did, now time for a board meeting at the FD.

Oh Julie, I forgot to mention, I racked the Tropical Breeze this evening, my wife loved the sample I gave her. It was only about 2-3 oz and I added about 1/2 tsp of sugar. Great recipe you have there.

Start another one, I am down to about 8 bottles and I need to get another going. I think I need to buy some more carboys :slp

Got my ear glued to the side of my primary with W E Selection Symphony in it. Interesting sound while smelling the aromas (read this on another forum and had to try it). Contemplating on whether I have the energy to sanitize the six cases of bottles I cleaned this weekend. Ahhh, maybe tomorrow.

Start another one, I am down to about 8 bottles and I need to get another going. I think I need to buy some more carboys :slp

I only did a gallon batch before, I was considering a 3 gallon batch of this sometime in the summer. I'm slowly building up a supply and trying to get stuff to be ready at different times. I have 4 lbs of various frozen fruit in the freezer that was bought for who knows what, I think there is a lb of black berries, a lb of mixed berries (rasberry strawberry etc) and to mixed tropical fruit. I think I may need to get 2 5 lb bags of something at costco next trip and combine every thing.

I have the 3 gallons of Apple going now, in May I'll be using my 2 6 gallon carboys for my Chilean juices and will switch those to my 5 gallon carboys as needed. I could use one more 3 gallon carboy if I decided to make a 3 gallon batch of fruit wine to swap between the Fruit and the Apple.

In the fall I'm getting Apple juice from Trax Farms for another batch of that.

Wheeew that was a mouthful.

Hi Doug,

You are going to have more fruit than you think. I bet there are going to be people you work with who fine out that you are making wine from different types of fruit and they will be giving you some.

I get a pile of elderberries every year. I got cherries last year becasue I kept crying to everyone that I lost the cherries from our two trees because of a late frost. Then I had about 20# of pears given to me and now I found out that this year I am getting some peaches given to me.

Julie, it's so true. I have various things left at my door and in return I give the giver some wine when it is done. It is a nice system that not only makes sure I always have some sort of wine on the go but also keeps neighbours in touch with one another no matter how busy we get.

keeps neighbours in touch with one another no matter how busy we get.

I'm a strong believer in neighbors. I don't thing some people take enough time away from them selves to keep in touch with their neighbors. Neighbors are what makes a neighborhood and a community.

I'm a strong believer in neighbors. I don't thing some people take enough time away from them selves to keep in touch with their neighbors. Neighbors are what makes a neighborhood and a community.

You are so right. We work hard to keep community spirit going and I think we all have talents we can share with one another.
I didn't sleep last night so today is a pottering around day.

Staying home this evening from Fire Practice. Was out every night last week for one reason or another and I won't be home Thursday due to a class so I'm home to spend time with my wife and daughters this evening and tomorrow.

The weekend is supposed to be sunny and mid 40's and I'll be gone Friday night through Sunday picking up my son's car in SC. It's going to be a turn and burn trip. We're leaving Friday after work (taking trailer with us) and driving straight through. We'll be picking up a car and motor cycle Saturday morning and then either getting a hotel for Sat night or starting the trip back home and getting a room midway back to Pgh to make Sunday's trip shorter. There is the off chance that Josh will be allowed off base in Cherry Point Satuday and if so we'll drive to there and have dinner with him.

Have a good trip Doug. Are you taking the family with you?

I just bottled last years Chilean Malbec from grapes and just when i was ready to relax my 6 year old somn snuck into my wine cellar and swung on my rack knocking over a few bottles and smashing Joeswines Ice wine to floor breaking it. Im betting from the smell of this stuff it was awesome as every botle of his wine has been in the past. I dont think joeswines has ever botled anything that was not awesome. What a shame! :(

Look into a SMOKER. Mmmm tis very good.
pulled pork ,,,,

the big green egg is the sh!t. my dad is a professional chef and even he says its one of the best cooking tool he has used. he's cooked for 20+ yrs at probably 12~15 high end restaurants in STL. i'd agree with him. makes average bbq people, b@d@ss bbq'ers. they aren't cheap, but come with lifetime warrenty too. we've had ours for 10 yrs and the base cracked, paid shipping and got a new one. worth every penny ten fold!

Wade,
OUCH ! that hurts. Pretty much all what he makes is good $hit. Was it the fresh juice Ice Wine from Canada?
Wine can be replaced KIDS can not..

Since sons seem to be the theme here today I'll tell you mine got out of the hospital today :h . Hubby's cousin brought him home for us today and stayed and had supper sampled our first batch of beer & a visit .So I didn't get to pick up the sparkling wine I us going to try but it saved us time & money & it was sure nice to see her .
Doug hope you have a good trip & get to see yuor son . Wade I think we all have something our kids have broke on us that we can't replace & it sucks .But I think I always learned to put things up better but don't think you could do much to stop your little monkey .I would have been looking to se if there was a small sip that stayed in the bottom or neck of the bottle just to try a bit of it .

Finished putting a couple hundred ft. of 1" air lines in my brothers shop with 10 outlets.

Started 15 gallons of Blackberry jelly wine.

I think I got screwed as the stuff looks and smells like apple juice even though apple is not listed on the ingredients. :?

Hve to see how it turns out.

Back