What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade,
Take as much time as you need. This forum is in good hands. WE have good people here.:try
:dg:dg = :d

Wow, I did all that yesterday. Blew out the driveway and shoveled a path on the deck to gill steaks. The I filtered two batches of wine and cleaned two cases of bottles.I dislike sanding drywall but if I applied it its a lot easier than when some bimbo put it on way too heavy and sloppy. I also use a wet sponge sometimes instead of sand paper (just depends on the application).

They finally called my son to tell him they had a bed for him at the hospital so I took him down this afternoon .They got his IV in after 3 attempts they will put in a pic line tomorrow or next day those work best for him . I didn't stop at any wine places in the city because I wanted to get home before the snow started they were calling for . I'll have time over the next couple weeks to find them & check them out . Just glad to know he's there & will get better faster with IV meds .

They finally called my son to tell him they had a bed for him at the hospital so I took him down this afternoon .They got his IV in after 3 attempts they will put in a pic line tomorrow or next day those work best for him . I didn't stop at any wine places in the city because I wanted to get home before the snow started they were calling for . I'll have time over the next couple weeks to find them & check them out . Just glad to know he's there & will get better faster with IV meds .

Good news Darlene. Keep us posted and take some time for yourself now.

Wow, I did all that yesterday. Blew out the driveway and shoveled a path on the deck to gill steaks. The I filtered two batches of wine and cleaned two cases of bottles.I dislike sanding drywall but if I applied it its a lot easier than when some bimbo put it on way too heavy and sloppy. I also use a wet sponge sometimes instead of sand paper (just depends on the application).
WHAT?
You did no wine drinking?? Cheers :dg :dg

Nice to hear G@@D news !

I didn't and I was suppose to sanitize and bottle tonight but I got home from work late and was tired and frustrated. After filtering the wine is close to the shoulder in the carboys, so I need to bottle quickly. Question..after filtering and replacing air lock, i shook the bottles up a bit to try and get any gas that might be left in the head space to protect the wine. Was this the right thing to do?

A day without drinking wine? Never happen in this house!
How long ago did you add meta? As long as you didnt shake to a froth you should be OK. Is it degassed?
Someone said this when visiting my home:

"This is not a house

It’s a Winery

Masquerading as a

House"

Darlene, I was looking for an answer while I did my daily prayer I am glad the blessing went your way. EXCELLENT news for sure.

Dan, those who ask don't know, and those who know don't need to ask.

Answer, "I don't know". shake it again. Put on some KC and the Sunshine Band, and, well... shake that booty!!!!!!LOL Try it with a bottle of champagne first to make sure the tecnique works.

http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Curtis/aurora/aurora.html

Stepped outside about one in the morning to use the snowbank(yes, a male advantage and a truth when you live without plumbing) and the northern lights were screaming in the sky. Went back inside grabbed a beer, and watched them for a while. Only a true Alaskans sits by himself in the middle of the night in a lawn chair and watches the sky. We don't have ambient light, so our sky is brighter. They said this year was going to be one of the worst years ever for seeing them. has to do with magnetic flares from the Sun, etc, I really don't understand it, neither do the scientists who study it. I can assure you one thing, it beats the snot out of fireworks. It is really amazing. They move, and they move fast, and they change as they move. Photoes can't depict it and neither can video.

I attached a link though for you to take a look at .

Funny thoguh, well not funny, I was thinking about darlene when I was watching them last night(morning)

Troy

A day without drinking wine? Never happen in this house!
How long ago did you add meta? As long as you didnt shake to a froth you should be OK. Is it degassed?
Someone said this when visiting my home:

"This is not a house

It’s a Winery

Masquerading as a

House"

I added the meta just 10 days ago and only gave it a few quick jerks. Nothing major. I like the masquerading as a winery :).

I should talk. I am drinking my own pee!!! This lack of indoor plumbing has to end! I feel as though I am on the Space Station. Maybe I should give up the pee and open a beer.

Finally got these guys bottled (W E Selection Viognier and W E World Vineyard South African Chenin Blanc) and labels made. Both tasted really good already. Will post pictures after I get the labels on.

I put our Raspberry white zinfandel in the carboy today and added all the good to finish it off .When I went to get corks and labels tonight for the gewurztraminer I'm going to bottle tomorrow I picked up an italian pinot grigio to start next .Wasn't what I planned on buying but they didn't have the Cru on sale that I wanted and this was one of the ones I had on my list to try plus it was on sale with $15.00 off the price . Oh i [picked up the things I needed to start the wine I'll try making from juice .
Then I called my son in the hospital and he told they had to put another IV in because the last one stopped working that makes 4 tries now ,I really felt bad for him when he told me that . Of course he's starving there hopefully once he gets to pick his meals that will help. Guess I'll be taking lots of snacks down when I go down Friday .

Hug through the wire for you Darlene. I know this are tough times. We are all standing next to you.

This afternoon I need to bottle my W.E. Selection Original Chiante. We purchased a pantry cabinet for the kitchen and the table my carboys are sitting on are where the cabinet is supposed to go. It has been done according to the directions and has been aging in the carboy for about 3 weeks now. Will bottle before dinner then place in basement to age.

In addition to the Chiante, I need to stabilize and clarify the batch of Island Mist Blackberry Cabernet that is also sitting on the table so that it can be moved to the extra bedroom or basement landing for clearing prior to bottleing.

Considering starting another 3 gallon batch of apple wine this weekend as well from juice. I'm sure it won't turn out as well as the batch from fresh apples but both Lucky Leaf and also Giant Eagle have apple juice that says it is 100% apple juice not from concentrate. I'll need to stop at the store after my daughter's appointment and get some ginger if I'm going to do this. Will also stop at South Hills Brewing for some yeast and acid blend.

Another busy day yesterday had to take youngest son to child Psychiatrist in the morning spent over 3 hours there . But finally found out what his problem is ,he has early stage schizophrenia that he hopes will be treated well with meds .Not what a parent wants to hear about thier child (16 yrs old ) especially that it will still probably get worse before it peaks in the mid 20s but we just have to take what life deals us and go on .we need to do more research so we can better understand it the Doc gave us some good sites to check out that are by professionals not just any old yeah who that wants to write about it .Then had running around to do but I fianlly got the gewurztraminer last night but didn't get the labels on or shrink tops .
Cooking some porkchops and extra bacon I made for our breakfast to take to son in the hospital .The poor guy is having such a hard time with needles this time ,it took 3 tries to get the pick line in that can stay in for a long time . So have some things to do around here before we head to the city to see him .

Back