What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan,

Your party looks great. Isn't it fun when something that you are not sure of is a total success? I was glad to hear that Winethief was able to come.

Hey Julie, yeah we would do it again in a minute and will. The 5 oz plastic wine glasses were perfect, as they went to the garbage afterwords. Very little clean up as it was just snacks and not a dinner. With the smaller glasses people were trying more variates and more people could sample each one.

Julie, I suppose tomorrow is a pajamas day for you! :w

Well ....... maybe. You know we are getting about 3 inches of snow and I am sure the state hasn't gotten the roads all cleared from the last two storms we have had!

Jammie Day that would be awesome but then again I am not sure if I want to see what some of the people I work with look like in their jammies. :<

Hanging out with my 3 y/o today. Off work for President's Day. She has her 3 year check up this afternoon, then I was called this AM to see if I was available to plow from 3-11pm this evening in the borough.

Going to make a trip to Staples for some 8164 labels and then to Harbor Freight for a MityVac. Have to get ready to bottle next month the Chianti and the IM Blackberry Cabernet.

Hanging out with my 3 y/o today. Off work for President's Day. She has her 3 year check up this afternoon, then I was called this AM to see if I was available to plow from 3-11pm this evening in the borough.

Going to make a trip to Staples for some 8164 labels and then to Harbor Freight for a MityVac. Have to get ready to bottle next month the Chianti and the IM Blackberry Cabernet.

Well, it's getting cold inside. Furnace was working at 7:00 am when I came down stairs. Started smelling something that smelled of burnt/overhearted wires around 7:30. Couldn't find anything, felt a chill, put on a sweatshirt. Still a chill, checked thermostat, set at 68, temp was 65 at 8:15. Went to basement, furnace not firing, condensor motor hot to touch and smells of burnt wiring. Furnace guy called at 8:25.

Now 63 degrees in here. Have protable heater in living room with 3 y/o who's watching TV. Waiting for call back. Brrrrrrrrr

May have to go get another electric heater soon.....

Wolf's party

Back to work today :m, but want to say what a nice time the wife and I had at Dan's party. I didn't realize it but he has only been at this for a little over a year, and in light of that, he is one prolific wino (er, winemaker).:br
If any of you get the chance to attend one of these in the future, you would not be dissapointed.

Oho this sounds like a goverment job or a banker. Hope you get your furnace fixed today, you don't want that wine to get too cold. I think you better move that heater into the wine room and you guys can hang out around the oven. :h

Just finished filtering W E Selection Viognier and W E World Vineyard South African Chenin Blanc. Added 4oz of liquid gold to both of them. Put 2 cases of bottles in the sink with oxy clean. I'll finish them up tomorrow and should have enough ready so I can bottle. :fsh

Originally Posted by ffemt128

Oho this sounds like a goverment job or a banker. Hope you get your furnace fixed today, you don't want that wine to get too cold. I think you better move that heater into the wine room and you guys can hang out around the oven. :h

You hit the nail on the head with Banker. Other than hanging out with my baby girl and cuddling on the couch all day, the day was a bust. Didn't leave the house until 6:15 when I went out to plow. Furnace was fixed around 5:30 pm and I'm now about $400.00 lighter in the wallet, but you have to do what you have to do.

In the office again today, fire practice tonight. Won't be making it to the store until Thursday at the soonest now.

Living in a ski town we're excited to see some NATURAL snow on the radar maps today....should be starting here any time.

That white stuff brings in a lot of the green stuff.

I'm sitting in my hotel room in NYC watching it snow, company has already called and told me my flight is 2 hours late, so I have to get de-iced in NYC and Detroit tonite, then on to Orlando and finally to San Juan....At least the weather will be better there, but it will be 2am

Got 8" here so after work I came home, shoveled the porch to grill some steaks, somw blowed the driveway, and then started mudding my sons room after sanding yesterdays coat. I will be slacking on the forum for the next few weeks due to all this fixing up and painting so bear with me.

Latest posts

Back