What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I transplanted about 1/2 dozen raspberry shoots to a new row. The ground is still very soggy here. Then I took a break and sat on a chair on our deck and looked up in our maple tree. About 30 foot up is a length of panty hose that I had used in the winter as an ice sock on the front of my house on an ice dam. I was wondering where it went to. I had to chuckle about it.

surprised-038.gif

How do you use an ice sock? We get ice dams too... wondering what you are doing to minimize them.

Debbie

I spent all day tying to fix my wifes car. Changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, both coils, coil pack, wires, and afer all that the tow truck should be here any time now!!!! :m Ran fine earlier yesterday and then she went to go to the store and nothing. Cranks good but just wont start, plenty of gas. Argggg.

It was a beautiful weekend here, I spent the whole dang thing working on stuff I didnt want to work on and never touched any of the stuff I wanted to! Thats going to really set me back!!!

Freezing my ask off. Been snowing off and on all day today. High was 45.......

Its May for heavens sake!

Yea, I hear ya, Mother Nature just has no clue on what season is suppose to be here right now.

Went hiking with Kat and Tristen at the park today. Also joined the Sierra Club. Now trying to make some cheddar cheese. Waiting on the curds now...
Made steaks for dinner and had Midas' Touch from Dogfish Head brewery. An ancient brew using barley, honey, saffron and muscat grapes. No hops... this brew predates the use of hops. Interesting taste and 9% abv. On top of that we're enjoying a bottle of malbec.. mm mmm

Last edited:
And the work continues, Daughter came down stairs saying there is no hot water. Had to go change the nozzle, luckily I had 1 spare, better grab a few tomorrow after work. :m

Last edited:
Started my day by putting a drive belt on the riding lawn mower (Cub Cadet) recomendation don't ever buy one. Then went down and planted rhurbarb starts now I have a new rhurbarb bed about two feet wide by thrity feet long, then I went to work on my vineyard I brought some 10-10-10 fertilizer put that down then holed it in. Started taking parts off a 1993 ford tempo so I can repair the damage on my 1994 tempo caused by a deer.

Nozzle in the furnace. Domestic hot water here. Its what sprays the oil into the furnace where it gets lit.

We cleaned the garage, then bottled our first batch of
sketter Pee. With the tasting to backsweeten and drinking the overage that wouldn't fit in the bottles we had ready, it's kicked oue a$$es. My girlfriend said over and over "I didn't think we could make alcohol". LMAO-- much giggling from both of us
!!

100_1045.jpg

100_1048.jpg

Carried 20+ bags of clothes and shoes to help with the relief effort here in Alabama. 100+ tornadoes in 2 days last week.
We have entire towns... gone.
Makes me glad i still have a home to come home to.

Latest posts

Back