What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Visit

Tonight Rodo and his wife Jeanie stopped by for a visit. They were in town to see their son in a concert at the university. Of coarse we exchanged and drank wine. Rod brought along the newest toy he made. It is a glue machine for labels that he fabricated in his shop. If you saw it you would know immediately it was of commercial quality. Nothing short of what the pictures of his wine cellar looked like he shared with us last year on the forum.

RodApril2011.jpg

Well, lets see some pics and lets start selling them here!

Wade I asked Rod to post some pictures or a video of it with an explanation. I think he will. It worked fantastic and he could control the amount of glue he wanted to dispense. I could not imagine him being able to sell this for less than $300.00. This is another picture just a bit better then the other. I wish I would have taken some. I was not behind the camera.

Rodsgluemachine.jpg

Just racked my cranberry-lime skeeter pee today. I'll bottle in a week or two but be warned, as I gave a small amount to my wife that wouldn't fit in the carboys (5 and 1 gallon), she wouldn't stop hugging the glass. Just like Runningwolf's wife did at the party.

I was told I cannot give any of this away. I told her I made it for my BIL's 4th of July party and she said we were NOT taking this there.

Do we have a corner for these women and how do we teach them how to share.

Went clothes shopping with Kat today. I grew .. out instead of up haha.
Then worked on the blog a little bit. Now making chicken stock.

Just got back from a long day at the car dealership. Olesia cam home with a new car, got rid of the 94 nissan maxima, Bekah gets the '06 Liberty and I now will be driving the '04 grand cherokee and the truck will become a driveway vehicle again. A happy day for all.

it's time for wine.

And what is the "Brand new car"?

We looked at alot of vehicles/brands and we kept going back to the Hyundai's. (sorry of anyone is in the auto workers union) We stated with the Sonata, too sedanish. Looked at the Genesis, not at all practical, the Santa Fe is acutally bigger than the Grand Cherokee and finally she test drove the Elantra and really liked it. She will be starting a new job about 10 miles futher from home and wanted somehthing with great fuel economy. The elantra is rated at 40 mpg on the highway and was about 2-3k cheaper than any other comparable model. It has plenty of pick up and power for a 4 banger. I like it, and given the economy and fuel prices now, it was (IMHO) a wise investment.

I only drive 7 miles to work so it will take me a long time to go from the 85k that are on the Cherokee to 100k where as Olesia will be driving close to 25 miles one way to work so her miles will add up fast. My daughter was already using the Liberty because she was at Edinboro when the sno started then her car (the maxima) wouldn't pass insurance without about $500 in work. Not worth the investment in a 17 y/o car.

Anyway, had a glass of Dan's Diamond (actually 2) and now I'm enjoying a glass of Muscadine Blend.

That's interesting Doug. I just went to Wright Hyundai in Wexford today with my son. He put a deposit on a new Hyundai Elantra. Definitely, one of the best values out there.

That's interesting Doug. I just went to Wright Hyundai in Wexford today with my son. He put a deposit on a new Hyundai Elantra. Definitely, one of the best values out there.

We were up there last night, looked at the elantras there. We then called Cochran because I knew I could get 1k for the maxima from them as a trade value. We ended up a couple hundred lower because of it. We went with the Black with grey interior and the navigation package.

Wade I asked Rod to post some pictures or a video of it with an explanation. I think he will. It worked fantastic and he could control the amount of glue he wanted to dispense. I could not imagine him being able to sell this for less than $300.00. This is another picture just a bit better then the other. I wish I would have taken some. I was not behind the camera.

Rodsgluemachine.jpg

That's a nice machine there. Rodo has talent!:try
At first I thought it was the base of a grain mill though. Then I remembered seeing the label applicator at Serpent Ridge at bottling time.

Off to the little brew shop with my buddy Wes as soon as he gets here. Need a case of 1 liter EZ Cap bottles. Using roughly 20 of those is much easier than 50+ 12 oz. bottles for beer.
I'm going to hold off on using the keg until I can get a dedicated refrigerator for it.

I can ALWAYS find a free or VERY cheap fridge on the bargain news or local paper. Appliance stores usually have used fridges that they grab while delivering a new one and fix it. Not the huge stores like Home Depot but just your local small appliance store.

yeah. I think i can get any refrigerator just finding the space for it. Our place is about 600 square feet. Perhaps I can find an apartment sized one and can modify it to hold my corny kegs.

The Sanyo 4912 is the bet for this and many people on HomeBrewTalk use it and can fit 2 cornies in there and mount a tap on top. Its also the easiest to drill through the top for that tap. What they do is make a baking soda/water paste and smear it on the top, turn the unit on and anywhere where there is any coolant tubes will show themselves so you just mark where they are and then you can drill through for your tap! Picture having 4 kegs on tap. Here is the link for this below!
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sanyo-4912-kegerator-conversion-19762/

Last edited:
Well Wade, I think you directed me to my next project. Gonna have to save up a bit.

Dan you remind me of a micro brewry by my house. They started it in a barn and it just keeps getting bigger. They decided they spent so much time in the brewry they built a small efficency like apartment in it for themselves and rented their house out. They also opened up a bar in it. When it was just a brewery they had a player piano with beer taps coming out of it. A few years ago they bought an old fire truck for beer fest events. They can keep like six kegs where the gear use to go and have taps on the back of the truck.

I think I just have "the brew bug" just like the rest of the folks here haha. Just need to get a bigger house. That will come after the wedding.

Latest posts

Back