Twinkie wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twinkie is a cake product, you can't ferment it

The wine would never take on the flavor unless you could somehow condense the Twinkie flavor and add it as an F pack. A waste of good twinkies!

The wine would never take on the flavor unless you could somehow condense the Twinkie flavor and add it as an F pack. A waste of good twinkies!

"Good" and Twinkies" do not belong in the same sentence! :HB

How about dog $hit wine... Sorry but I thought skiddle wine was as low as we could go

There are enough carbs in twinkies that they should ferment if dissolved in water. I don't expect the results to be great, but I thought it would be fun to use some of the world's last twinkies to make alcohol (as Homer did in the Simpsons).

This would be one of those things done just to be able to say I did it. If the result is drinkable it will be an added bonus.

Now how will you deal with the preservatives in Twinkies? Sorry about the DS remark, I was posting to late at night and thought it was funny. Read it today and realized it came off as rude

I just don't see how you are going to do this. You are going to try and make a wine out of flour and milk. That's pretty much what a twinkie is and I just don't see the flavor of a twinkie coming thru in a wine.

You should auction them off on ebay to some fat guy who hasnt had a twinkie in a long time to help get a new carboy or something else for winemaking. Have you ever seen a mouldy twink, no, they are stuffed with preservatives. Have you ever eaten a soggy one, I did once on a camping trip, it was ok but nothing like the real thing. Sell them twinks and get a kit and make some good wine instead of a nasty mess full of oil from the creamy goodness within. I would gladly give you 20$ today, WVMJ

I have one last box if twinkies, is there any way to make them into a "twinkie wine"?

I am confused about what kind of wine is this? What are the essence of twinkie wine and how does it affect to the person? Sorry for my ignorance, I want to have some clarification that regard in this wine and will you please give me some information about this matter?

It was basically that I had a bunch of twinkies, saw a Simpson's episode where the twinkies turned to alcohol, and thought it would be fun to try and even more fun to tell others I tried making it. My logic was twinkies have sugar and sugar makes alcohol. That was all the thought put into it.

Do it. It would be the most awesome wine ever.

I'm just wondering how you're going to take a hydrometer reading.
Lol

One thing about Twinkie wine, it will never spoil! :h

Twinkies will be back in production by December. The brand is in process of being bought up.

Back