This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just discovered this thread, can't believe it took me three years almost.
So I guess it's my turn to post and resurrect the thread, as it's been dormant for a few months.
Here's me in my do everything room....doing my wine paperwork!

do everything room.jpg

I discovered the thread yesterday, and went through "all" 89 pages. Must have taken me 4 hours altogether.
Very good thread, nice to meet all of you too!
If I ever get back up to Wexford to visit my old neighborhood, I'll try to look some of you up.

I discovered the thread yesterday, and went through "all" 89 pages. Must have taken me 4 hours altogether.
Very good thread, nice to meet all of you too!
If I ever get back up to Wexford to visit my old neighborhood, I'll try to look some of you up.

There is no try :ft, you and I will be meeting.

Hey Doug nice to see you. I see train boxes on the shelve. I probably have more money tied up in trains than wine equipment. Don't use the trains any more though. Store them in attic. LOL. Bakervinyard

Hey Doug nice to see you. I see train boxes on the shelve. I probably have more money tied up in trains than wine equipment. Don't use the trains any more though. Store them in attic. LOL. Bakervinyard

I have lots of money tied up in trains as well...mush more that wine equipment.
I've been listing the trains a little at a time on Ebay, selling them off...so I can buy more carboys :D I need to get some test equipment too, or maybe just go to Dan's lab,,,,,:try

I have lots of money tied up in trains as well...mush more that wine equipment.
I've been listing the trains a little at a time on Ebay, selling them off...so I can buy more carboys :D I need to get some test equipment too, or maybe just go to Dan's lab,,,,,:try
AHH Doug, let me introduce you to the newest kids. Most of my glass I use, but now I've got kind of hook on different Lab Glass and collect it whenever I see it on Craigs list, garage sales or auctions.
IMAG0784_zps7a5e4eac.jpg

St Mary's isn't that far for us and not that far from Dans place, I can give you a tour of his cellar. :h

AHH Doug, let me introduce you to the newest kids. Most of my glass I use, but now I've got kind of hook on different Lab Glass and collect it whenever I see it on Craigs list, garage sales or auctions.
IMAG0784_zps7a5e4eac.jpg
Dan, thats quite the collection of BONGS you have there. Does it help with your Glaucoma? LOL

LMAO, thats funny Wade. Actually I'm just trying to get ibglowin a bit excited. I just picked up this seperator (the tear drope funnel looking flask). We talk about them several years ago, wondering if you could use them on the last bit of wine when racking to drop out the sediment after several days. I highly doubt it and probably won't even bother trying. The liquid comes out in a stream the size of a pin. It would plug up to quick.

IMAG0784_zps7a5e4eac.jpg

What pray tell are you going to do with a distillation tube in wine making?

Actually Doug I've been thinking about buying that whole distillation apratus for quiet some time. With that condenser and a few other pieces I could use it to determine the abv of wine. Cynmar Scientific seels them for about $229 complete with an electric heating mantle. What I actually would want though is a "cash Still" which is similar but it also measure Volatile Acid (VA). I will never have one at home though as they cost around $700.

Incidently if I was to buy the glass in the picture you'd be surprised how cheap it is. Three of those flasks are less than $10.

Last edited:
Interesting...How do you determine the ABV, do you boil off the alcohol and weigh what's left, then calculate the percentage from the starting weight?

Since this thread has been revived, here's me---in all my redneck glory!---drinking a beer by a mud hole in WV during an ATV trip last November. I had a hard time finding a picture with me in it. That's what you get when you're the one taking most of the pictures!

DSCN3154.jpg

Why not.....This is me with my other Hobby, growing Giant Pumpkins, this tiny feller weighed 1401.5 lbs

1401.5 Privitera 2009_a.jpg

Nice, Tom! We have a festival each year in a town nearby (about a half-hour drive from my house). The Circleville Pumpkin Show. It is the local annual source of all things pumpkin. We attend every year. The folks in Circleville love their pumpkins soooo much, they painted their water tower...

09a070bd-e7cf-41a9-8dce-f8bc1420a2c8.JPG

Latest posts

Back