This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyandP002.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/Kleftiwallah/TonyandP002.jpg

Ok my question is, is this really you and what was the reason for the outfit. I think the look, outfit and bike are just totally cool. I'm thinking a wine label but just not sure what to call the wine.

Triumph Model 'P'

For those of a technical bent, the bike is a 1926 Triumph Model 'P', a 500 cc single cylinder side valve, chain driven. With working acetelyne gas lights, the rear brake block is best Brazilian mahogany! No speedomoter.

I've done six "Banbury Runs" on it. A time trial where you are given your route, timed at your start and somewhere unknown there are timers checking your progress, if you arrive no earlier than two minutes or later than five minutes of your time you get a Gold award. I've got two gold awards, ran out of fuel once and had a slight crash on another occasion. Cheers, Tony.

For those of a technical bent, the bike is a 1926 Triumph Model 'P', a 500 cc single cylinder side valve, chain driven. With working acetelyne gas lights, the rear brake block is best Brazilian mahogany! No speedomoter.

I've done six "Banbury Runs" on it. A time trial where you are given your route, timed at your start and somewhere unknown there are timers checking your progress, if you arrive no earlier than two minutes or later than five minutes of your time you get a Gold award. I've got two gold awards, ran out of fuel once and had a slight crash on another occasion. Cheers, Tony.

I have a '67 Triumph Supercub thats going into restore next year.

Yes Dan, 'tis I !

Dan,
Modern motorcyclists wear leathers and modern materials, but as I ride an "oldun", I like to wear period dress. Took a while to find it all. Cheers, Tony.

Oracus,

I've a 67 T120 Bonnie in bits in the attick/loft. Once I've restored our B.S.A. three wheeler (Google it) that will be my last restoration. Best wishes on the Supercub. I have a long list of sources for Triumph bits, if you get stuck on something, maybe I could help. Cheers, Tony

That is totaly awsome. I thought the same that it can't be more than a 50. The cyclinder must be sticking out the right side.

Dan,
Modern motorcyclists wear leathers and modern materials, but as I ride an "oldun", I like to wear period dress. Took a while to find it all. Cheers, Tony.

Oracus,

I've a 67 T120 Bonnie in bits in the attick/loft. Once I've restored our B.S.A. three wheeler (Google it) that will be my last restoration. Best wishes on the Supercub. I have a long list of sources for Triumph bits, if you get stuck on something, maybe I could help. Cheers, Tony

OK thanks! My father-inlaw is finishing the restore on his 64 BSA 650 lightning. Had to find a handfull of parts to complete it. It will look awesome when it is done.

Can we get a better shot of that motorcycle because it really is hard to believe from that pic that it is 500 cc. Not doubting you just need to see where the heck they pack it in.

This is me! Heading out next week to play in the woods! A deliteful redneck pastime! :tz
MEandG3.jpg

Not if you keep it floored or have a snorkel on it. Great pic, I used to race dirt bikes myself but have ridden quads many times, usually 2 strokes though.

Not if you keep it floored or have a snorkel on it. Great pic, I used to race dirt bikes myself but have ridden quads many times, usually 2 strokes though.

I did the motocross thing back in my younger and dumber days. I raced in the 125 class on a Kawasaki 125cc. Mean Green! Always seemed like more participants in that class than any other during that era.

Yer Tiz !

ModelPsideways.jpg

Here you are Wade E. dug this snap out. Taken just as I finished the restoration. Looks a bit worldly worn now ! Cheers, Tony.

Its hard to believe looking at it from any angle its 500 CC. Spoiled Rotten, I used to race Enduro with a Kaw. KDX 200 sleeved out to a 240 with Wiseco pistons and rings, Boysen reeds, Krause Kannon pipe, Sidewinder chain, sprockets, Roost Boost, and much more. That bike would stand up in all 6 gears!!! Believe it or not it would blow the doors off any stock or mildly unstock 250!!! Some of the pics below are before it was ready for racing with the stock pipe and such.
Bike.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back