SMELL THE ROSES

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
It's that time of the year....Take some time...come with me and smell the roses...
BlancDoubleSmall.jpg
HarrisonsYellowSmall.jpg
YellowbudSmall.jpg
TBSmall.jpg

That's only the begining...stop back again.......

Awesome NW...My Mom just loved roses. Cant see one and not think of her.

Great roses NW, but to be honest, the roses you posted don't have much smell. It's sorta like, well nothing- and now I need to clean the smudges off the monitor!
smiley23.gif
I bet they smell better on your end out there!

Here's some to cheer your day....

SmallBeeSmall.jpg
WinnipegparksBudSmall.jpg

The wild flowers are nice too...

DaisySmall.jpg

And the Iris'...

MonarchonIrisSmall.jpg

Till next time....

I love roses, but Daisey's are my favorite! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us.

I wish I had a huge yard so I could plant more of that stuff. But, I'll just have to go out to the country and pick them for free...
smiley5.gif

Jobe....We have only wild Chokecherries...and it looks like this might be a good year if it continues to rain. I do have some oenamental purple leaved Chokecherry trees that bloomed this year, looks like they set on some fruit too....will be an interesting fall...hope to have lots of fruits to freeze

Left early this morning at day break for a road-trip to the southern part of the state to have lunch with friends and pickup some Ag Chemicals...

The sun was rising as we left...clear and warm..
MorningSmall.jpg

Came home to find buds had tuned into flowers...
BlancSmall.jpg
T.jpg
YellowRoseofTexasSmall.jpg

This time of the year you really have to be on your toes...everything grows so fast...you can easily miss a good show...

One of these days I am going to do some serious weeding.

BTW...stopped at my favorite farm store that has a seasonal greenhouse...picked up 2 potted roses for a friends birthday, one for myself and another Gooseberry plant for the Wine Effort.

Northern Winos said:
Is it going to turn into another Woodstock????

Absolutely! My thought when I started seeing all these tents going up all over your yard. Don't forget the porta-potties NW.
You are in charge of the entertainment and we will all bring the drinks. Oh and we can barbeque all the wild game around with veggies and fruit from your yard!

Porta-Potties...on second thought...maybe not.

As for smell-a-vsion...or smell-a-Net....well, most of the modern roses do not have much if any fragrance...they bred it out of them making them pretty, disease free and cross breeding.

The old fashioned roses are the ones with the best fragrance. They are thorny, rangy, rougher textured foliage and the plants are not as attractive....but, they are very hardy, the flowers are awesome and worthwhile to grow.Edited by: Northern Winos

Northern Winos said:
Porta-Potties...on second thought...maybe not.

OK...... NO PORTA-POTTIES!!!!!!!

Lets not ruin this. Here are the rules:

The true name would be "WoodStock NW, 2007"

We'll take the party 2 Fields away from the house (donations needed for the ruined crops in this Field)

The Garden is for meditation purposes only

The use of the garden will cost 1 bottle of wine, send to : Jobe05
NW field
somewhere in
Minn.

The wine of course will go to NW, I'm just getting and taste testing for security reasons
smiley4.gif

Can me and Cletus come? I promise we'll be on our best behavior

bubbaandcletus2.jpg

Latest posts

Back