SMELL THE ROSES

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all should be welcomed............

I'll..... um.... even................... you know............

Pass on drinking Cletus's wine.............

Northern Winos said:
Is it going to turn into another Woodstock????

NO NO NO That bunch smoked the flowers. We drink them
smiley36.gif

NW did mention the Weeds that are growing in the garden..................

I heard they smoked that at Woodstock...........

I'm a little young to remember woodstock, so my elders will have to chime in.

Can we help NW by smoking her weeds in the garden?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Buddyyyyyyyyyy..I wanna hear them colors and see that music
smiley36.gif

The roses took a beating from wind and rain storm of the past 2 days, but there are some beauties out there to share with you....

TBBHSmall.jpg
JPSmall.jpg
RugosaSmall.jpg

Seems the day isn't complete unless you smell the roses...

Thay are beautiful NW....But you say that they do not have much aroma?

Actually the two ruffled roses in the above photos are Rugosa's...they have rough foliage and are old fashioned roses...they are very fragrant but not as typical rose shapes....

The darker one smells like cloves....the fragrance will fill the room....but they have short stems and don't 'show' as well....I float the flower headsin a bowl....lovely.

NW, I love the old fashiond ones myself. Do you have a constant bouquet on your table. My grandmother did. It is one of my favorite memories...helping her pick roses for the table.

Here is all I have to offier this moring. My friend is here for breakfast.

20070609_083230_100_1866_Small.jpg

And a stapeliad bloom.
20070609_083442_best_Small.jpg

I have one wade, that I hope will bloom that has the stench of a dead animal and is pollinated by flies.....talk about alien...you will see it if it blooms this year.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Cactus flowers are so delicate...guess like roses...we are glad that thorns have flowers...

Does the squirrel bother your plants???? I get acorns and bird seed buried in all my pots and flower beds...then have oak trees and bunches of sunflowers coming up in everything.

Yes...I have at least one rose on the table all summer.

So far they haven't except for one, not so sure it was a squirrel, not too long ago I was storing bags of potting soil in a large pot. Pull out a bag and a big rat jump straight up out of it and ran into the utility closet on the balcony. I put poison out and something ate it....guess I better put out more.....life in the city...I guess
smiley11.gif
Edited by: rgecaprock

YIKES!!!! A RAT!!!!
smiley3.gif
We've had a couple here, lots of grain around. Where we lived before there was a dump a couple miles away and we had lots of hog and cattle feed and grain around...lots of rats. We had Doberman's and every morning they would be out patrolling around the buildings...they could dig them out of a wood pile...excellent noses for hunting and large enough to dig them out of the ground.

Here mostly my problems are mice and chipmunks....they get in the greenhouse and dig out seeds. They especially like the melon and cucumber seeds...so I started planting those seeds in flats and setting the plantsout...they dug a few plants out the night I set them out into the garden...I have a 'Trap-Line'....6 mouse traps in the greenhouse and 8 out in the garden...I usually have one or two in the morning. Then when the tomatoes and melons get ripe I have more traps in the garden.

Now I have a new 'Trap-Line'...the slugs are eating the strawberries as they ripen...last night I put out plastic jar lids with beer in them at ground level...drownd a few of them

Always something to give you grief.

Plastic jar lids with beer in them....Good thing your way up there or you might find a JW drowned in them.
smiley36.gif

Flower of the day...the Regal Iris...Like the Daylily...here today, gone tomorrow....

SiberianIrisSmall.jpg
PurpleonPurpleSmall.jpg
PinkSmall.jpg
OliversSmall.jpg
OldestSmall.jpg

Nothing beats the Grande Dame...The Rose...

C.jpg

Latest posts

Back