SMELL THE ROSES

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo said:
Dang.Did NW justinsinuate thatole JW's a slug?
smiley36.gif

Meet the Family
20070609_173515_slugs_Small.jpg

NW. I love Irises. I love the ones that grow close to the water..can't think of the name. Here is a pic
20070609_193223_big_view_Small.jpg

The ones in the vase.....Your flowers are so beautiful!!!!Edited by: rgecaprock

Nice flowers Ramona but .....I'm personally more interested in , "Whats in the bucket"
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Today the beauties enjoyed a hot dry day..

The Canadian Bred Roses....

Morden Blush..
MordenBlushSmall.jpg

Champlain...a tiny bush that winter killed to the ground..giving you all it's got...
GivingAllSmall.jpg

Cuthbert Grant...
CuthbertGrantSmall-1.jpg

Hope for Hummanity...bred to commemorate the Canadian Red Cross...

HopeforHummanitySmall.jpg

Then the old fashioned roses.....very fragrant Hansa...
Oldfashioned1Small.jpg

An unknown rose from an old neighbor lady who got it from her Dad's garden...most fragrant...
JuliasRoseSmall.jpg

And lastly...a rare beauty...a wild white rose we dug from the ditch...the little bees find it most appealing....
WildwhiteSmall.jpg

Till next time...remember to take time to smell the roses....

Edited by: Northern Winos

The Queenfor the day is the Peony....

They can really put on a nice show...and their fragrance can fill the yard.

WhitesbigSmall.jpg
pinkSmall.jpg

They come in many different colors and sizes...

PinkbestSmall.jpg
PistolBetterSmall.jpg
Single2Small.jpg
Pinkonpink2Small.jpg
Whiteruffle2Small.jpg
RedSmall.jpg

The blossoms are fragile and heavy...tomorrows wind and rain will shatter the ones in bloom...

Another beauty you have to enjoy for the day.....

Ramona....You asked about an Iris in your photo...
20070609_193223_big_view_Small.jpg

The closest thing I have is the Siberian Iris...

SiberianIrisSmall.jpg

I love the Peonies...but their beauty is so fleeting...if you pick them and bring them in they smell wonderful and may drop their petals the next day....Beautiful non the less.

Edited by: Northern Winos

The roses have taken a beating from the recent heavy rains....over 7 inches since Wednesday..6.47" came in 36 hours..

The petals have been beaten off the big shrub rugosa rose...
fallenpetalsSmall.jpg

The climbers are doing well...
ClimbersSmall.jpg

And the little bushes are blooming their hearts out...will get beaten by heavy rains later tonight...
WinnepegParksSmall.jpg

The late blooming Peonies are doing well, but won't look like this after tonights rains...
TedPeonySmall.jpg
lightpinkSmall.jpg

The other flowers are thriving form all the moisture...
MayNightSmall.jpg
YellowsSmall.jpg

The pond is full....the burn piles are floating and a big willow that was gracefully leaning over the pond, fell over....
fullpondSmall.jpg

Life goes on....

OOps, sorry, I guess I dont know my own strength when you asked for rain. It try to chill it out!

Northern; it all looks so great....I really would like to see it in person.....maybe we could get togather before harvest starts...I'll even bring PWP with....looks so great, you are doing a great job.

NW,

I look forward everyday to checking this post to see your pictures!!

Just want you to know!!! Ramona

NW when are you going to start posting your pictures with SmellItNet.com? All you need is the camera with the little sniffer , sort of like the little microphone on the phones now. The scent is transmitted to digital, sent through the SmellItNet interface using the standard internet. Uses basically the same technology as Vonage. On the receiving end it is transmitted back fom digital to the scent emitter. Works great as there is 100 percent accuracy guaranteed. Only takes a few minutes to sign up. Just go to imgullybull.com and sign up.
smiley2.gif

Appleman....Wonldn't that be nice!!!!

Ramona....glad you enjoy the photos...I send some via Email to some special folks who need cheering almost everyday.

Northern,

I'd be very afraid of SmellItNet.com.

Imagine some of the cabbage wines, beet and wierd green stuff that I found in the yard wines etc that we see on this forum, coming through with that kind of technology!!!

And what would happen if you were browsing the forum and the boss walked in . He He.

I get email notifications about posts being made on finevinewines. ----I race to open and read them. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING INTERESTING

YEESH!!!!!!!!!! SMELTIVISION
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back