Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no clark bars, lol, anyway Mike is the one who cleans the pool, :)

Nice, not to pic one over the other, it all depends on personalities but I love the color of this one.

the black one Kaiko is Daddys Girl.....lol she was my first rescue. When I got home from work all she wanted was for me to hold her. I love all my baby girls :hug I have three total.

Looks like wine making and pet spoiling go hand in hand with a lot of people.

Julie, great looking boxer. I agree with Dan, looks like a beer is expected soon.

Dog owners have had to deal with the puppy stage but I have always heard the worse the puppy is the better dog it will make, if that is true looks like Dan has a great dog in his future.

Roxy loves the water as well - she will hang out on a float as long as someone will hand out with her.

Roxy-2.jpg

Oh Geez, that is too cool! Jesse will just have to put up with hanging on the side of the pool, I'm not buying her a float. :tz

Love the Rotts and Huskies myself so couldnt resist when I found this one as a puppy. This is Thor my now 9 year old 1/2 Rott 1/2 Husky.

Thor.jpg

Wade,
Nice looking companion, The Husky and Rott blend well together.
He shows a lot of the characteristics of both very well - beauty

Flee

Thor2-1.jpg

What a beautiful dog. Two of my favourite breeds all in one.

My pup, Kota, is a German shepherd crossed with what I believe to be rottweiler. The owners I got him from said that their purebred shepherd got pregnant from their neighbors dog, which was a Newfoundland. Thing was though, this was in the middle of nowhere on a farm. I can see no traces of newfy in my pup, only shepherd with the markings of rott.

Here he is at about eight weeks:
picture.php

Here he is at about nine months:
picture.php

He was born in July, 2010.

Wade and MGieni09, you're dogs look almost natural as their own breed. Very attractive dogs.

Thor looks like he could be quite the guard dog. Not one I would want to stumble upon without the owner near by ;)

My Dog Bear

Hey ladies and gents,

This is my pup Bear. As you can see, Bear is getting up in age. This summers heat took a lot out of him.

Everybody in the neighborhood loves Bear and has always roamed free.

Paul

Oct 08-2011-38-1.jpg

Mike, your pooch is cute as heck!!! Affe he is approx 120 lbs now and although he is a big baby his bark would scare the snot out o you and ye he is intimidating!!! Paul, how old is Bear. Thor is now 9 1/2 and has arthritis mainly in his left front shoulder so we have to keep him calm as he still wants to play rough but every time he does it kills him later!!!! Thor has gray around muzzle now also.

Tooth, your dog definitely looks like he owns the house...but then, so does mine. She's only 30 pounds but definitely laid down the law when there was an American Bulldog in the house for about 6 months...haha.

picture.php

Arctic Sids Girls

Heres my cats. They are all female and have all been fixed. I have them all since they were kittens, and in fact they are all related.

(L. to R.)

Curly Q. (aka momma cat), named by my late friend Tracy who died last year from a broken heart and severe alcoholism. God Rest her soul, I miss her. Yes, named after the CCR Tune. She is the true matriarch of this house. She is 11 yo and still hunts, but mice and birds are too fast and she is overweight. She instead brings home Snowshoe Hares and Red Squirells. Go figure. She has been seen touching noses with a Moose and seems to have an understanding with them. I can't explain any of it. (4 live litters, one bad one)

Skittles. (ake Fittles, Pittles), named by my Buddies 8 yr old daughter Bailey. I convinced her to name a kitten I gave her "butterfinger", one day she was eating Skittles and I needed a name, she was present and the rest is history. Skittles is momma cats daughter. I have seen this cat bring home two voles and a bird in 45 minutes, she is a rematkable hunter. Skittles is 9.( 3 live litters)

Bernice, (the black cat), aka Bernie Barina Banana). about to turn 5.

Quick explanation about Bernice.

Momma cat had a litter and I kept a lil black kittie. I named her Samarina (aka Samarina Berina Banana). No idea why! We tought for a few years this cat was sterile, the others were making babies(more than I would have liked) but, not her. She is a story in herself. She once climbed on a moving D-6 Cat, while it was rolling to go for a ride with the operator. I made up this name and one day I Googled it. Samarina is a Greek island and is known as "the island without cats"!

I had never heard of this island before I Googled it. Just too strange.

She ended up having four babies when she was like 3 yo. 4 weeks into her nursing she went to the door and was hacking up a hairball. Didn't seem to be working well and I turned to see what was up. She stood still for a minute and fell over. Gone.

Now, I have 4, 4 week old kittens and no mom. Luck for me, Skittles had 4 of her own at the same time, so I just took Sammies babies and put them in there. Skittles did a fine job with all those babires.

I decided to keep one in memory of Sammie, thats where Bernice comes in.

See the relationship? Skittles is like the Mom, kinda the sister, and the aunt.

Ghetto cats!! LOL

So, in conclusion. My buddy Mike named her Bernice. I have no idea where he came up with it, but it sounds good when you say Bernie Barina Banana, after her mom.. Bernie is a wonderful cat. We are all pals, but her and grandma have a thing. I think actually grandma has a problem with her, she often gets mad and kicks her arse and ten minutes later is licking her. Whatever.

I live in a 12' x 20' cabin with all of these three cats. No smell like pee either. We all get along and even at cold temps like -20 or -30, (or wores), obviously they dont go out.

Thats why I had to build a 5' bed to sleep on. LOL

:b

Troys Girls.jpg

Loved the story behind each of the cats' names. Especially loved the name skittles..haha. They're beautiful cats!

this is Augustus...he is sleeping standing up due to a stormy previous evening..i think i posted his 2 month old pic a while back...he is now about 575-600 pounds and 8+ mos old..he should be hitting 700 by yrs end

Augustus Sleeping Standing Up.jpg

Latest posts

Back