What a great WINE vacation we had

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Mountains

Reaction score
Good day all,

Laura and I spent this past week in a nice cottage on Seneca Lake NY. We'd never been there but it was a short 5 hour jaunt by car. The place was right on the water with a hot tub on the deck. Also, as it was pet friendly, our boxer Tyson joined us.

The reason for our trip was the 56 some odd wineries in the area. Most are on Seneca lake but others on some of the other lakes. It is truly beautiful country out there.

We believe we hit 20 different wineries and had tastings at each. The first we went to offered 14 samples. What a way to start things off. Most had 5 to 7.

We learned a lot about their local winemaking history, drank and purchased a bunch of wine and even brought back six gallons of Vincent juice which we pitched the yeast to today. Next time we'll plan better and leave enough room for a few more buckets.

The view from our deck.
picture.php

Tyson and Laura in a vineyard row.
picture.php

My bucket getting filled at the juice bar
picture.php

Sounds like a great time Darren. The picture of the lake is beautiful, maybe a wine label for you sometime? You didn't happen to see Troy honeymooning did you? He's still MIA.For sure next year you'll want to take a lot more buckets. :pic

Sounds like a great time Darren. The picture of the lake is beautiful, maybe a wine label for you sometime? You didn't happen to see Troy honeymooning did you? He's still MIA.For sure next year you'll want to take a lot more buckets. :pic

No Troy sightings....where is that guy?

Yeah, they had lots of juice options but I went the el cheapo route this time.... it is our first bucket of juice so it'll be an experiment. We had literally no more room in the vehicle or I might have gotten some more.

Nice pictures and thanks for the run down on your trip. Just 1 question what was the price on the valvin muscat?

Looks awesome! My wife occasionally mentions going to Niagara Falls on vacation, google maps says it's two hours or so away from Geneva (not sure if that's where you were or not). Maybe I could work this if I go to Niagara falls as well to please her. I'd have to wait until next fall to make sure they have juice available!

Looks awesome! My wife occasionally mentions going to Niagara Falls on vacation, google maps says it's two hours or so away from Geneva (not sure if that's where you were or not). Maybe I could work this if I go to Niagara falls as well to please her. I'd have to wait until next fall to make sure they have juice available!

You will be going through a major wine region on your way up. Northeast PA and Northwester NY are loaded with wineries and places to buy juice including Walkers. Plus when your at the Falls the Canadian side is loaded with Wineries alo and be sure to check out Niagara on the Lake. You won't have to travel any further unless if you really had your heart sat on it.

Man, I need a place like that around here with taps on the wall for fresh juice!!!!!!!!! Actually, its probably better its not here or te wife would surely shoot me.

You will be going through a major wine region on your way up. Northeast PA and Northwester NY are loaded with wineries and places to buy juice including Walkers. Plus when your at the Falls the Canadian side is loaded with Wineries alo and be sure to check out Niagara on the Lake. You won't have to travel any further unless if you really had your heart sat on it.

This is sounding even better, if I can plan well and take enough buckets, I can hit them on the way back. My wife might be suspicious about the stack of buckets I have in the back of the van though.

This is sounding even better, if I can plan well and take enough buckets, I can hit them on the way back. My wife might be suspicious about the stack of buckets I have in the back of the van though.

Add some k-meta when they fill the buckets and by the time you get home they'll be warm enough and ready for you to pitch the yeast!

Back