Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, he is 1 good looking cow!!! Troy, Troy, Troy, I believe the name of the CCR song is Suzie Q!!!! LOL What the heck is a Vole? Ive heard of a Mole?????

Wade, they really are the nicest animal, so easy to take care of...in fact easier than any other animal i have come across...you should see the 1 month olds, cute cute cute...anyways, here is another pet....well former as of one hour ago.....
this one's name is chicken dinner in two weeks

chicken dinner.jpg

Al, he is 1 good looking cow!!! Troy, Troy, Troy, I believe the name of the CCR song is Suzie Q!!!! LOL What the heck is a Vole? Ive heard of a Mole?????

Wade a vole is very close to a mole. Most people would not know the difference but I believe a vole has a much shorter tail.

Other than the fact that both are placental mammals, they are completely unrelated. Voles are rodents in the mouse and rat family. They are essentially short-tailed mice that tunnel through grass. They eat vegetation, seeds, and some insects. Moles, on the other hand, are insectivores in the family Talpidae. They are more closely related to shrews than to voles. They are fossorial (burrowing) animals that eat only invertebrates such as worms and beetles.

this is a vole

vole_l.jpg

and a mole

mole.gif

Wade she was drunk when she named her. And according to my cats voles are pretty tasty. Strange though, they eat them from the head down and always leave the rear end with the tail attached. LMAO.
:)

plenty of room for a yr anyway...early on he is just too young to let roam, we have coyotes around and so he has to have some protection

34946191_45cc7d11fb.jpg

This is Timber ... passed away last year but he's in our thoughts always.
(1/2 Timber wolf / 1/2 Malamute)

34946190_f8daa3c06a.jpg

Here's Ivy ... she died of a broken heart when Timber passed
(3/4 Arctic wolf / 1/4 Malamute)

34882543_eec8098f3f.jpg

34882842_8e941df3e7.jpg

Fortunately they had 7 pups ... here's Lobo and Silver

308923932_e15469466c.jpg

Having some fun in the snow! (Have more but don't want to bore ya).

Nice looking dogs Timber.

Here is Jesse, I believe there is a pic of her on here as a pup, she is 16 months old now and such a character. She loves to eat things, not furniture or anthing like that, just whatever I have on my kitchen counters or island. Yesterday she ate my Christmas centerpiece and last night my husband had to pull out a 4 inch pine branch from her backside. She is such a character, you can't help but love her.

Christmas 004.jpg

Timber, I had a 68% Arctic wolf/McKenzie River Husky mix about 20 yrs ago.. What a handful he was! 145 pounds of intense animal. He hated people but loved kids. He liked raw moosemeat too!! I bet he would have loved my cats, like, for a lunch snack or something LMAO!

He used to like to sleep on the bunk with me. There was no moving him. I spent many nights sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. There is no arguing with an animal like that. It was impossible to make him get down.

Obie Wan Kanobie.

Great animal. Definitely not a dog!!

I miss the old boy for sure!

Last edited:
He used to like to sleep on the bunk with me. There was no moving him. I spent many nights sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. There is no arguing with an animal like that. It was impossible to make him get down.

... ha, that's Kai to a "T" (one of the pups that takes after his mom Ivy) ...
we're down to two boys left, Lobo and Kai. Lobo took on being guard dog but is courteous like his dad was, Kai is lazy and likes to stay "just" out of reach, like his mom.

Great to see everyone's pets!
Aren't they wonderful ... unconditional friends.
Merry Christmas to all the pets out there ...

yeah this is a great thread for sure.

Theres one out there called this is me where we post pictures of ourselves, another all time great thread in this forum. Merry xmas man!

I'll have to dig those threads up Arctic, there's something wonderful about seeing a picture and making a connection that makes what we say here more than just idle chit-chat ... I've only been on this forum for a very short while but feel like I know some of you already. Thanks for being so open and helpful.

I think that's because there is a lot of respect here for each other.
This is a rare thing in forums today, my hat's off to the moderators here ...
... they make it very easy to be ourselves ... thanks moderators!

Meet Gaston and Bubba!

After reading about Julie's trials and tribulations I thought I'd show you my "Boys" GASTON, The brown one (Cairn Terrier) and BUBBA (Mutt)

gaston.jpg

bubba.jpg

the boys.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back