Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking dogs Timber.

Here is Jesse, I believe there is a pic of her on here as a pup, she is 16 months old now and such a character. She loves to eat things, not furniture or anthing like that, just whatever I have on my kitchen counters or island. Yesterday she ate my Christmas centerpiece and last night my husband had to pull out a 4 inch pine branch from her backside. She is such a character, you can't help but love her.

Julie, your dogs are PRECIOUS!!!!!!

Well I had to drop my dog off at the vet this morning as he has been limping pretty bad the last week. I waited a little as he plays rough and usually strains a muscle quite often and it goes away after a few days but not this time. $425 later we discovered he has bone cancer in his tibia and he has to be put down as he has arthritis in his front shoulders so amputating his rear leg isnt really an option plus he is almost 10 years old and the surgery would be pretty rough for him. Next Friday we will have him cremated. :(

Thor.jpg

1 005.jpg

I'm so sorry Wade! :-( It's so hard losing a pet, I dread the day when we have to make that decision.

Sorry to hear that Wade...he's a good boy!

Here's a pic of our little girl...Sugar...
sugar6680234.jpg

Wade I am so sorry your beloved family dog is gone. He will live on forever and your kids will certainly remember him fondly (as I am sure you will).

Sorry to hear it Wade, we just lost one of our cats to cancer about a month ago now.

Wade so sorry to hear of this. I know how much you loved this dog, you talk about it quite a bit over the last several years. You will have lots of good memories.

Damn man, i can relate... Lost 3 dogs in the 2 years before i got the stubborn punk i have now. 2 pups (1/2 black lab 1/2 german shepherd & a purebred rotti) weeks after we got them, both to Parvo that they came with.

And someone poisoned our 18mo black shepherd, still not sure what happened there or who did it - the vet was dumbfounded & said there had to have been malicious intent behind it. Went out for my 22nd birthday, got smit-face-smashed.. Woke up the next day and Mom had just walked through the door coming back from the vet, that was a hard day.

Hope you bounce back Wade, i still havent quite got over losing Ruger (the black shepherd), he was my best bud.

Lawyer, my right hand man, is half pitbull - half bullmastiff.. Stubborn as all get out, 18mo & a spazz..

ruger.jpeg

ruger2.jpeg

lawyer-070711.jpeg

lawyer-032612.jpeg

Sorry Wade i still cant get over putting my beloved zena down 15 years old.She was a dalamation. I Feed her steak every night the week it happend good luck.

Thats funny Rock, just bought a few steaks for that exact reason! On the way home we also bought a bunch of Munchkins to shove a pill in for him as his hind leg is pretty bad I just hope he doesnt break his leg in between now and Friday as Ill have to scrap next Friday and have this done immediately!

Wade, Sorry to here the news about your dog. My family has always had pets (mainly dogs with a cat now and then, gerbils, goldfish you get the picture) Have lost some and had to have a couple put down. I feel for you. One thing to remember...... And I have truely come to believe this.........ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON........

BOB

Sorry to hear. i know how hard it is. i had to put mine down 2 years ago. Still get misty eyed thinking about it. Wasn't ever going to get another and then fate put a really good dog in my way, she's sleeping and dreaming in front of the fireplace right now. totally opposite of my last dog.

Thanks all, I wanted to wait till Friday and spend a little more quality time with him but for some reason, maybe maneuvering hi, on the table and stuff for the x-rays really aggravated his leg as he's in much worse condition then he was yesterday when we dropped him off. May have to put him down tomorrow after work. Have some steaks thawing for him tonight! I think trying to keep him until Friday is being to greedy now as he's struggling to go out and do his business.

I"ll be thinking of you, this is a real tough decision and like I said my heart goes out to you.

Its ok Wade you'll know when its the right time.Nice medium rare,i bet he'll love it that way.

Latest posts

Back