REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the All in One Pump earlier this year from Steve and wanted to put it through its paces before reviewing.

I bought the professional version, although Steve tried to talk me out of it on the basis of the little wine I produce yearly (~30 gals/yr) but I see more wine in our future :) I have the filters, vacuum eliminators and tags.
So far we've produced ~24 gals of wine from start to finish. What can I say? As so many others have said before, I wish I had this earlier! What a breeze! And it has eliminated my favorite thing, degassing with drill and stirrer. Oh yeah, I really enjoyed that! Well it's gone! Every time I rack, I degas. And I had one carboy that had definite head space, I put a vacuum eliminator on it for over 2 months before I could transfer to another vessel with no issue! I still have two PET carboys that are relatively new so I guess the PET transfer kit will need to be ordered.

I have not used grapes yet so no experience transferring must w/this but I should think it will not be a problem. It's a great product and bottling is such a breeze. Not I can bottle on my work table rather then have my bottles on the floor, saving my back!

All I say is that I am extremely happy with this product and Steve is great to deal with and delivers old world customer service! Thanks Steve!

FIGO

I bought the Professional version and it came with the "precision valve" installed. Very nice when bottling. My question to Steve, or anyone else that would know, is that since I have this valve, what else would I need if I wanted to fill PET carboys?

I bought the Professional version and it came with the "precision valve" installed. Very nice when bottling. My question to Steve, or anyone else that would know, is that since I have this valve, what else would I need if I wanted to fill PET carboys?

You would need the Pet setup - it is just not the precision vacuum valve.
It took a long time to develop how to transfer into a PET , feel free to reach. Out to me

You would need the Pet setup - it is just not the precision vacuum valve.
It took a long time to develop how to transfer into a PET , feel free to reach. Out to me

Thanks Steve. I just watched the video on your site and I see your point. I'm still debating going with PET carboys, but if I decide to, I'll certainly buy your setup.

Thanks Steve. I just watched the video on your site and I see your point. I'm still debating going with PET carboys, but if I decide to, I'll certainly buy your setup.

I'll throw my $0.02 in here. If you have the allinonewinepump and never have to lift full carboys to move around, there is little reason to switch to plastic carboys. Yes, you can use the pump to rack into plastic, but you do lose the big advantage of degassing as you rack. But each to their own, I have some of each.

I'll throw my $0.02 in here. If you have the allinonewinepump and never have to lift full carboys to move around, there is little reason to switch to plastic carboys. Yes, you can use the pump to rack into plastic, but you do lose the big advantage of degassing as you rack. But each to their own, I have some of each.

I agree ^^

Well the reason I was entertaining the thought of PET was fear of breakage. Most of my full carboys are in a carpeted upstairs spare bedroom. Although I do have to move some around on occasion, the AIO pump has saved me a lot of lifting.

But I just bit the bullet and ordered 9 more carboys - all glass - so my question is moot now anyway.

Well the reason I was entertaining the thought of PET was fear of breakage. Most of my full carboys are in a carpeted upstairs spare bedroom. Although I do have to move some around on occasion, the AIO pump has saved me a lot of lifting.

But I just bit the bullet and ordered 9 more carboys - all glass - so my question is moot now anyway.
Keep them in a plastic milk crate and that will help protect them from damage.

I still carry my glass carboys (3, 5, 6 gal, full) up and down stairs. No bueno doing so after having "samples" one's product, though. One of the biggest gifts was learning from Steve about the milk crate thing. I had a few holding scrap wood, auto parts, misc. Now they are all carboy holders. Looking for more, but they are rare here.

I think one of the other biggest benefits of the AIO is that it sucks out a good portion of oxygen from the receiving carboy (replacing with CO2 from the product being transferred) thereby reducing bad effects of oxygenation. That in itself is worth the price of admission. Of course I've used the AIO for the entire time I've been brewing/winemaking/mazing seriously.

I will say it's important to have blocks of wood or old encyclopaedias ready to raise the source carboy while its liquid level falls (in relation to the level of the bottles being filled) during bottling. Doing so a few times reduces the suction necessary (for beer, especially) and helps foam from forming as much, which otherwise leads to imprecise bottling levels.

A drop of mineral oil in the vacuum release valve will help it move more fully as it wears, and seal better when released. Not an issue when new, but they do wear. Mine is 2+ years old, functional, yet leaks unless I compensate for it.

I put my glass carboys in milk creates. It helps when I need to move them and supports the bottom better to prevent blow outs.

Yeah I have a milk crate I use when I have to move full carboys. I would like to put one under each one but I don't have the space. If space wasn't an issue, I would put a round laundry bucket under each one that would not only protect them but contain the glass and wine should one break.

Maybe my biggest problem is that I'm making too much wine for the space allotted. :rolleyes:

Just ordered my All In One Wine Pump today and can't wait until it arrives. I sent Steve an email asking him a question prior to placing my order. He immediately called me, before ever reading my message. He stayed on the phone with me for at least 30 minutes, answering all my questions. I explained to him I was a brand new wine maker who had researched his product on this forum. Steve took the time to visit with me and talk about many unrelated topics as well as my first batch of Dragons Blood that just fermented dry today. I can't say enough about the customer service this guy has, I was impressed. I placed my order within ten minutes of hanging up with him, and received a notification my order was ready for UPS shipment within a couple hours of placing the order.

I have been lurking around on this forum for a while, trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. I just recently created an account to post comments if I felt the need to speak up. I felt like today was the day to speak up! I know I have only started my first wine (Dragons Blood) and don't have much to offer, but I know about owning my own business and customer service. Thank you Steve, I can't wait to start using this product and maybe we will speak again in the future.

Bryan

After ordering a All in One kit a couple of months ago I have used several times it is a great setup.
Steve gave me a call and some tips on using, he is a great resource. He gave me a good deal.
It is easy to use.
Thanks
Ron

I bottled my first wine of the season. A ‘19 Sauvignon Blanc from a Costa juice pail. Turned out great for a natural yeast fermentation. A little cloudy but there was absolutely no sediment in the carboy after sitting since July. Could use a filter but my filter housing did not come in.
I was able to degas (splash rack), bottle and clean everything in just over an hour using my new All In One Wine Pump I got yesterday!!
This is the best investment ever for me as a young wine maker.

(This is not a paid advertisement but rather some feedback from an extremely happy customer and the company deserves the call out!)

I want to thank Steve @vacuumpumpman from www.allinonewinepump.com. He really helped me work through some wine issues, get the right set up and even helped get it to me quick( I could have planned ahead).
I know everyone has their own preference for what they use which is great but if you need to change it up, be more efficient or make it easier, send an email through the website and Steve will certainly help put!

Attachments

• 91B1B581-F6D4-4E6C-A744-E3AA9A820EF2.jpeg
    91B1B581-F6D4-4E6C-A744-E3AA9A820EF2.jpeg
    767.1 KB · Views: 52
  • D57B4905-E5D3-4295-AC51-806AF64A6F0C.jpeg
    D57B4905-E5D3-4295-AC51-806AF64A6F0C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • A44BD8E3-DD3E-45CB-86DA-A03975936C2B.jpeg
    A44BD8E3-DD3E-45CB-86DA-A03975936C2B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
  • BEB7E77B-14E8-4C31-AE96-23A9DA4332D8.jpeg
    BEB7E77B-14E8-4C31-AE96-23A9DA4332D8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 5ED4EC3C-6611-4B0A-B609-12B3582746A0.jpeg
    5ED4EC3C-6611-4B0A-B609-12B3582746A0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
My turn...

Noobie old guy here in rural Maryland, having spent the last five years planning, planting, and learning before this fall’s first harvest & wine-making. So far so good.

I spent a lot of effort just trying to get my head around the process of racking and configuring a feasible setup. Then, early on the physical requirements of lifting carboys, etc., suddenly became an added issue due to a severe ruptured disk (while preparing a rocky hillside for petit verdot - ha).

Earlier this year I went with the All-in-one. Like many good souls on this forum, the personal communication from Steve, as he made sure my purchase(s) met my specific needs, was above and beyond -- especially helpful for me in this first year.

So add my voice to the other strong endorsements of the All-in-one. Few purchases have ever worked out so well in exceeding expectations, so simple and straight forward to use. For me the pump and its accessories have been central to keeping the wine-making process manageable, and have enhanced the enjoyment of this fine activity. Can’t get any better than that. Salud!

Agreed! Amazing things for the price...remember not to use a sharpie....just cannot seem to get that ink off of them no matter how much i try!

I just used alcohol and or acetone with a paper towel on a Carboy Tag with Permanent marker that was over 1 year old - no problem in removing it.

What are you trying to use to remove the ink with ?

Latest posts

Back