REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried that briefly and most of them require you to buy in cases of 12. I will keep looking.

I have been waiting since Dec. 4th for a filter from filter...........slow. Called yeasterday ( Dec 29 ) and they said it was shipped and sent me a tracking number. We will see....

Couple questions on the filters...What are the fittings to hook up the hoses called??? What size are they and where do you get them ???
Thanks

Couple questions on the filters...What are the fittings to hook up the hoses called??? What size are they and where do you get them ???
Thanks

Here you go Lon - You only need 2 of them ,and hopefully you can find these at your local hardware store - but atleast you have something to refer to now.

filter-set barb for housing.jpg

Happy New Year to the Vacuum Pump Man!!!

It took me all weekend but I finally got all caught up for 2012!!
Everything is racked, tasted (for sure!!), measured, and adjusted!
Got a few things to bottle in Jan.

Couldn't have done it all without my trusty Pump!!

Cheers to Steve!!!:dg

Jim

Finished Racking Wine Pump 2.JPG

Last edited:
Steve,,I have to tell you,,The allinone is a fantastic piece of must have equipment for the home winemaker!!! Finally got to use mine!! As a female, I was able to set it up and use it by myself!! Hubby asked me what he could do,,told him nothing,,and then he said what am I doing here with you then? I told him "to watch" LOL!!! I didn't need him to help!! Had him there just in case,,,lmao!!! If anyone is thinking of getting one,,,do it!! You won't be sorry! I put my Riesling into a carboy, racked my 6 gal peach, a 6 gal mixed country berry, my 5 gal second time around mixed country berry and bottled the 2 gal of strawberry riesling in no time at all!!

Steve, I raise my glass to you!! Thanks!! :dg

Steve,,I have to tell you,,The allinone is a fantastic piece of must have equipment for the home winemaker!!! Finally got to use mine!! As a female, I was able to set it up and use it by myself!! Hubby asked me what he could do,,told him nothing,,and then he said what am I doing here with you then? I told him "to watch" LOL!!! I didn't need him to help!! Had him there just in case,,,lmao!!! If anyone is thinking of getting one,,,do it!! You won't be sorry! I put my Riesling into a carboy, racked my 6 gal peach, a 6 gal mixed country berry, my 5 gal second time around mixed country berry and bottled the 2 gal of strawberry riesling in no time at all!!

Steve, I raise my glass to you!! Thanks!! :dg

Thanks Terry !!
You really started my Year out with this post !! I really enjoy hearing how the Allinone has helped everyone in their winemaking, personally without it I would have to give up winemaking,due to lifting of heavy carboys and leaning over while bottling.

Happy New Year :b

Last edited:
I am reposting this post from earlier today so Steve can have all comments from his machine on one thread.

My first thought is "if you don't own one, why not". After hearing all the rave reviews and promoting it myself without using it based off all the other reviews here, I finally had to try it for myself.

At first there is that intimidation factor that you have with any new piece of equipment. It goes away withing seconds after turning on the machine and setting the bung on the first bottle. I had a pail of meta solution that I used on my first bottle to sanitize the line. The entire process was so easy and simple anyone can use it with ease.

Two things to keep in mind;

Your carboy needs to be lower than your bottles to work properly. Damn shame, it means after your last racking you can't break your back lifting the carboy back up on the counter top.

Also you cannot filter and bottle at the same time. Filtering with this will be awesome but it is a separate process (not all that bad of a thing).

I have always used the Enolmatic bottle filler and filter. It takes about 15-20 minutes to setup and sanitize. It also takes an hour to tear down and clean after bottling. The cost is around $800 off the top of my head.

The "All in One" took me less than 5 minutes to set up and under two minutes to clean two lines. First I filled one bottle with meta solution and dumped it. Then I filled it again to over flow it into the second hose to clean the line going to the over flow bottle. Thats it. Simple (KISS).

I had all my bottles sanitized and in my bottling crate and just went from one bottle to the next. Then I went back and corked everything. The entire process was fast enough I felt comfortable doing that.

I compare the "All in One" to the Portuguese floor corker which I use. A fraction of the cost of bigger units and works just as well or better. They really take the pain out of otherwise cumbersome tasks.

All in One 003.jpg

I tried out my all in one with the cartridge filter today. I still need to plug the hole in the top of the filter housing as it was leaking a little bit, but it certainly worked well! I then used the all in one to bottle for the first time. So much easier than gravity with the stupid filling wand. Perfect level of wine in the bottle and it took just a few minutes to fill 14 bottles with my peach melomel.

Still not convinced filtering makes a difference? My wine looked pretty clear but after passing it through the 1 micron filter the difference is remarkable - especially in the sunlight.

200602_10100116753507169_1797258382_n.jpg

399987_10100116753512159_226427857_n.jpg

407814_10100116753517149_490182501_n.jpg

58671_10100116753606969_266798756_n.jpg

Great pictures GreginND! Really shows the polishing that a filter does on a white wine. I always filter my white wines to make sure there are no pieces of yeast in it. I am on the fence filtering my red wines. I am leaning towards also filtering my red wines especially with how easy and fast the allinone is.

Great job all. I filter my reds with a 5 micron and if your wine shelves for a few years it really does make a huge difference! Its much harder to notice any residual sediment in a red wine and even after bulk aging my reds for a year or more I've had sediment in my bottles until I started hitting it with a 5 mic on before bottling.

This is just a quick post... I will brag more on my purchase at a later date. The Allinone pump is awesome!!! I racked 12 gallons of wine tonight with the Allinone pump and what a back saver it is! Also, I have really struggled with degassing my wine before now. I have killed batteries on cordless drills degassing and still had a little CO2 in the bottle after the effort. That problem is now resolved. I could NOT believe how much CO2 the Allinone removed tonight. AFTER I worked my butt off with the drill, there were 3-4 inches of CO2 foam on the first transfer. The Allinone is the best wine making tool I have bought to date.

Steve is awesome also. He called me to see if I had any questions after the purchase. That kind of customer service is unheard of these days. The system was easy to set up for me...I don't need any freaking instructions... (typical male) HeHeHe... It made perfect sense once I watched the online video. I could NOT be a more happy customer. If you want the best bang for the buck wine making tool out there, buy one. I am one happy customer!

Thanks Steve!

Doug

I think 32 pages is enough evidence!!!!!!! LOL
Not saying to stop, just saying if you are still in the closet on this one and scared to buy it just look.at all these pages of praise!

I'm in after seeing Greg's filter compare pics. I've been degassing with a brake bleeder and have been pretty pleased with it. But the idea of being able to filter so easily and bottle while standing has sold me. Just a question of when at this point.

Steve: When are you having your annual 50% off sale? :D

I would like to personally thank everyone who has posted on this thread. I feel that testimonials are the best way to promote any product. I can sit here and tell you how great my product is – but it is other winemakers like yourselves that do it best – it is much better to hear from people that have used it first hand. So I ask you, if you are reading this and it helped you in your decision making to purchase one, Please leave a comment yourself in order to help someone else in their decision making.
I would encourage, if you are not a member of WMT, to become one. There is an unlimited amount of resources here all willing to help you in your winemaking journey.

I will add that I was planning on building a vacuum and filtering system myself. Then I started looking around for vacuum pumps and realized that the allinone price, complete with hoses and the right bungs, etc., was cheaper than nearly every used pump of dubious working condition I could find on ebay.

Latest posts

Back