REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallelujah!! I got my allinonewinepump for Christmas, but I neglected to get the additional racking canes until recently. Used it for the first time this weekend and it worked phenomenally. I cannot tell you how happy I am not to have to manually degas my carboys. Manual degassing is by far the worst part of winemaking and it was absolutely a dream to use and clean up was easy.

Next step is to get the pieces for filtering. Wahoo!!

I got mine also before Christmas and the pump is a must have, I also just ordered my filter setup needed from filtersfast.com and should be here next week.

JetJockey
I am no expert when it comes to doing kits - but it seem pretty straight foward. If I am wrong I hope someone will point it out.

First I would start a transfer while you vacuum splash and at approx 1/3 full in the receiving carboy - stop - add all your ingredients
sulfite ,sorbate , and the clarifier and start vacuum racking again, that should stir everything up in the carboy without having to stir it at all.
This is the method I used today clearing my coffee port. Works really great. The amount of sediment falling out in a short amount of time is crazy.

while i can't as of yet give my review of the pump as i have not received it yet, i can at least give my review of steve's service so far....i ordered my pump on friday evening....i received a message from steve, thanking me for my order the next day, as well as letting me know that he would be shipping my order out on monday as he was busy this weekend taking care of some personal business....he asked me about wanting the additional tubing, which i declined originally until he informed me that i probably couldn't aquire it at my lhbs, so i later went ahead, after asking my other half whether she minded me adding it to my order, and sent steve a message....now here we are this evening, and i have already received word from steve that my package is ready for shipment in the morning, and that my shipping has been upgraded to ensure that it will be here before the upcoming weekend!!!!....i tell you what, you would definitely being doing yourself an injustice by not doing business with this man....he is incredible.....if all vendors had service like steve does, than the world would be a much better place!!!!...once again, steve, thank you for all your assistance and service....:b

I am now selling the 1/4 NPT to a 3/8 barb end on my Accessory page. It will make it easier for those that are buying the pump and planning on purchasing the 10'' whole house filtration system.

I am now selling the 1/4 NPT to a 3/8 barb end on my Accessory page. It will make it easier for those that are buying the pump and planning on purchasing the 10'' whole house filtration system.
Now your offering the 1/4 NPT to a 3/8 barb after I ran all over Toledo and finding only brass. I did go to Ace hardware to get their last two.
Seriously steve, You customer service is excellent and continues to get even better.
By the way after two bottlings, two clearings, 8 rackings the allinone is fantastic. Clearing a wine is so much quicker when it is degassed properly. It should have been my first major equipment purchase. Oh well live and learn.

Just to reiterate, if filtersfast runs out of the filter casing, DO NOT order it from Superwater. A week and a half after charging my credit card and still not shipping it, I asked for the owner to cancel my order to just order it through filtersfast who had it back in stock. The owner cursed at me and hung up on me and I had to lodge a formal charge dispute with my credit card company to be compensated for the cost, as I'm quite sure he had no intention of giving me the refund. Cannot say enough bad things about that guy.

Got the last piece I needed from FF today though, so hoping to get it all set up soon! Can't wait to try it!!!

I tried superwater too. A week after ordering, I asked for a status update on the order. No response other than to cancel my order and PayPal refund.

Here is a filter housing question. I found both Pentek filter housing part numbers listed in this filter thread. Filtersfast has two Pentek 10” housing models. They appear identical with ¼” NPT fittings. Part # 158117 is $10.99 and has a pressure relief button on the top of the housing. Part# 158326 does NOT have the pressure relief and is $7.99.

Is one better than the other. My concern is that the pressure relief valve has some metal parts and running sanitizing solution through it may cause corrosion. With the pressure relief button of the AIOWP, is there any reason to get the one with the button?

Any thoughts?

I made the mistake of getting the one with the valve. I still need to plug it up. What is the best thing to plug it with? I suppose some epoxy would work but I hate the fumes. Would a silicone caulk be too soft for the vacuum?

LOL....now ya tell me,just had them delivered...i`m still a couple months from filtering,but i now have all my equipment...looking at it tonight,and i noticed ,some type of lubricant on the gasket,do you wipe that off and sanitize? if not is it something to reapply after every use

Ricky
You want the lubricant on the O-ring to help seal. You can use a little of silicone or mineral oil or some have used keg lube. Rember it only takes a little

Greg,
I have the one with the button, but I'm exchanging it for the one without. After looking at the button, you might want to remove the steel screw, spring an button and then find a nylon, delrin, or other non-corrosion type screw that will thread in from the top down and seal. You can silicone tape the threads to ensure a good seal. With a vacuum, the tendency will be to pull the screw in tighter. Maybe a small o-ring on the screw would make a good seal. The seal needs to be on the top with the vacuum. That's the opposite of the button, as it tends to suck in with vacuum and be prone to leaks AND corrosion on the steel screw.

I think a stainless steel bolt with a rubber washer and a stainless washer on both sides just might do the trick.

GreginND said:
I think a stainless steel bolt with a rubber washer and a stainless washer on both sides just might do the trick.

That is exactly I did in the past as well - just make sure that they are stainless steel bolts

I've got a filter system coming from Steve, so I can finally see how this whole house filter works. I'm going to compare Steve's system with the Vinbrite I got for Christmas, and see how they match up. Vaccum pump or gravity, which will prove the best?

I've got a filter system coming from Steve, so I can finally see how this whole house filter works. I'm going to compare Steve's system with the Vinbrite I got for Christmas, and see how they match up. Vaccum pump or gravity, which will prove the best?

No question in my mind what the conclusion of your experiment will be. :)

We will see, Greg. We will see. The Vinbrite works very well for the simple system that it is. I have some wines clearing now, so I will be able to compare the results of both filters. I'm also looking for marks in a comprehensive setup, cost effectiveness, clean-up, and convenience.

I've never used a vinebrite but it must be terribly slow. Especially when the filter starts to get filled up with particulates.

Latest posts

Back