REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loumik, It is truly a great bottling system at a CHEAP price. I've bottled over 150 bottles since I've had mine. Super easy. I've got another 100 to bottle in the next 2 weeks. Got to make room for Peach 2012! Roy

I bought an allinone vac pump and must say it's a pleasure to use. My original aim was to filter my wine, as I had noted sediment in my bottles that had been in the cellar aging. Upon investigation found that I would need a pump to carry out this process, and the allinone was recommended as a pump that would carry out several jobs as described in earlier post. I bought the filter housing and a couple 5 micron filters from filtersfast.com as recommended by Steve for his pump. He did suggest the 1 micron size element for whites, but went with the 5 as I was concerned about sacrificing flavor if I went too small? My first time using the pump was to rack, degass, and filter, let set over night and then bottle the next day. I added the K meta into the receiving carbouy and racked. I had looked over the instructions when I first got the pump, which was pretty basic. I was a bit dismayed at the lack of in-depth instructions but figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it. On the day I was ready to rack, it was very simple to figure out how to hook it all up, just a bit of common sense and a little bit more time the first go round. I was very pleased with the end result in the carboy. Then the next day I set everything up to bottle. I placed my computer chair in a central location so that everything was placed around me. I had my 6 gallon container with sanitizer, bottles, the table with the allinone pump, and my corker placed around my so that all I had to do was place bottles in the sanitizer to soak while I was filling one bottle, cork the last bottle filled, and be ready to switch out bottles when the pump had the current bottle filled. All very efficient and only took one person to carry out. I had always had a friend help me in the past, as I didn't want bottles sitting open any longer than necessary. At this first bottling, I had not learned how to properly use the suction release valve included inline until I had read these posts. The next bottling will go even smoother now that I know how to do it properly. I filtered the peach first, then the strawberry. Here is a picture of how great they look after bottling. Kudos to Steve:r
As mentioned, a container to hold the bottle upright during bottling would be a help and this is something I will be making before my next bottling. The way I did it this last time was to place the bottle next to the suction bottle on the pump with the filler cap and tubing coming over the top of the pump to the bottle being filled. Well worth the money in convenience and time saved, and the allinone pump doesn't want any wine for helping you bottle:)

bottling wine 008.jpg

Last edited:
i got the pump as well. for the most part, it works great. however, does it autmatically stop to prevent burning itself out? i was bottling with it few weeks ago. I bottled about 3 batches and it just stopped working. after few hours, it ran like a champ again. did this happen to any of you?

i got the pump as well. for the most part, it works great. however, does it autmatically stop to prevent burning itself out? i was bottling with it few weeks ago. I bottled about 3 batches and it just stopped working. after few hours, it ran like a champ again. did this happen to any of you?

Ken
It does have a built in thermal switch to protect the pump from overheating -

I bottled yesterday for the 1st time using the Allinone. I must say if anyone is still on the fence about acquiring one of these fear not. Worth every penny IMO. Bottling is SO easy and mess free I was able to bottle 11gal of cranberry wine in no time at all. (the wine turned out fabulous btw)
cranberrywine.jpg

As mentioned, a container to hold the bottle upright during bottling would be a help and this is something I will be making before my next bottling. The way I did it this last time was to place the bottle next to the suction bottle on the pump with the filler cap and tubing coming over the top of the pump to the bottle being filled. Well worth the money in convenience and time saved, and the allinone pump doesn't want any wine for helping you bottle:)

I don't know if this helps, but when bottling you can put the bottle you are filling in the spot where you tend to put the overflow container. I just put my overflow container to the backside of the pump.

I am currently on the lookout for a rigid, sturdy, plastic or wooden tray that I can place 12 bottles in, upright, that will allow me to secure an entire case of bottles and just move from one bottle to the other with the filler line. I am looking for something that would cover approximately 1/3 of the bottom of the bottle from the base up.

I have had my All-in-One for a year now, or close to it, and just this past Monday I filtered and bottled 10 gallons (Skeeter Pee and Raspberry Melomel), corked and labelled them all, alone, in a little over 2 hours. I just love that device!! And Steve is just a phone call away if you have questions.

Hi Sara !!

This is what I use for bottling and it works very well - indeed. It is a wash rack tray from a food business kitchen. I also have cut down the cardboard cases and that also works very well, as long as you have a light shining from the back side to see the height of the wine.

Also take a look at how Teamsterjohn did his set up using the same 3'' pipe with a floor flange to hold the bottles -
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/review-allinonewinepump-15976/index8.html

I just found a grat place to purchase these - updated 6-30-2012
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/best-wine-bottle-holder-cage-32273/

DSCN2206 [620x465].JPG

Last edited:
All in one wine pump

Just a note to say that we used our all in one wine pump for the first time this weekend and it worked better than we imagined. It pulled the wine through the whole house filter and did it with no fuss or mess. Everything good that has been said about the "All In One Wine Pump" on this forum is true. Thanks for all the good posts that made selecting this pump easy.

A word on the filters for the all house filters. I used a 5 micron filter to filter a peach wine and now I note just a hint of fine sediment on the bottom of some of the bottles. Not sure if they all have it or not, but I should have gone with what everyone had recommended, the 1 micron for the white. I was afraid it might take away from the flavor of the wine, so used a 5 micron. I have ordered some 1 micron filters to have on hand for next time though.
zack

Thats the exact reason why we recommend 1's fof whites. Remember everyone that commercially they yse much much much finer micron filters then a 1 so really there is no problem here.

filterring system

OK,I KNOW I'M BEHIND ON THIS ONE BUT I BOUGHT ONE ,MY QUESTION IS FILTERING? HOW DO YOU SET IT UP FOR IT ,WHAT SIZE HOSE AND FITTINGS,I KNOW ITS SOMEWHERE HERE ,BUT FILL ME IN.:dgI STILL HHAVE MY BRUNO MINI JET TO WORK WITH...:d

When using it for bottling, how do you stop the flow of wine when the bottle is full - do you lift the bung from the filled bottle and break the vacuum?

Hit the metal vacuum valve on the hose. Depress it a little to slow if you want before getting to your target.

Last edited:
REVIEW of AllInOneWinePump for racking/degassing

I've had the AllInOneWinePump for two months now. I have yet to bottle with it, but have done @ a dozen rackings. I got it primarily to assist with degassing once I tried vaccuum degassing by hand and saw how a) amazingly effective it is and b) it takes forever and your hand about falls off by time the gas level starts to reduce.

This is a fantastic product for racking wine (or beer):

*DEGAS HEAVEN. Each time you rerack, you remove about 1/3 of the total gas in the solution (that's Steve's estimate -- I'd say at least a half some times), so once you've re-racked a batch a few times, you have dramatically reduced gas -- MORE THAN YOU EVER COULD with that d*mn drill tool and more than you could with hand vaccuum pump, each of which I've tried several times. Seeing the Allinonewinepump generate a huge layer of bubbles on top of the wine in the target carboy is worth the purchase price alone. And THAT was in batches that I had presumably degassed using normal methods!
*REDUCE OXIDATION THREAT. There is a near vaccuum in the target carboy (above your splashing wine coming into the carboy) so oxidation threat is much much less. I know that I have and other winemakers have racked less often because they worry about oxidation -- AllInOneWinePump resolves that dilemma.
*CLEAN RACKING. You disturb the lees/silt/sediment less.
*EASY. The only work is sanitizing your equipment, cleaning out the previous carboy when rackings done, then cleaning your equipment after. I don't have to lift full carboys up to prepare them for racking.
*SIMPLE. O.k. I am mechanically/household/repair challenged. I messed up my setup the second time and emailed Steve -- he was on the phone to me in minutes with the correction -- which subsequently was perfectly clear when I rewatched the video. Everything you need to use comes as one system already assembled!!!! (If there's any complaint, I wouldn't mind a very clear schematic with every single item clearly labeled and how it all fits together for racking and then for bottling -- I didn't take my system apart when I cleaned the first few times, because I wasn't sure about plugging it all back together again.
*SUPPORT. This may be the best support of any gadget I've ever bought. I've emailed Steve three times with a question or issue and he was on the phone to me each time within a minute or two with the solution and hints from the various ways people use the product.
*GOOD PRICE POINT. During time of search for this product, I went to my local (very good) home winemaker store and said what do you have for a pump system that also degasses? and their solution was a $600 system that would do less than AllInOneWinePump (albeit with maybe a more powerful pump and potential filter setup).

I keep my carboys on the floor of our unused bathroom (read Dad's bathroom). When it's time to rack, I slide the existing carboy over to the counter; put a clean carboy on top of the counter and hook it all up (usually adding a tiny calculated touch of metabisulphite for the aging batches) and two minutes later done, degassed, and minimized exposure to air -- all that's left is deciding how to top up. Then I LOWER the new carboy DOWN to the floor where it stays for another 30-90 days. Much less strain on the back. I have a theory that the vaccuum is slightly greater when you rack up 3-4 feet to the target carboy, rather than two carboys side by side, but that may just be my imagination -- Steve reports that you can rack UP to a target carboy 10-20 feet above the starting carboy.

It's also supremely easy to deal with carboy proliferation when a single batch goes into a carboy and a bottle or a carboy and a half gallon carboy as amounts and top off dictate. Then it's also easy to take a scattered batch in several carboys/bottles and rerack up to a large carboy. (I always leave the bulk-aging wine/beer in topped off carboys/bottles with airlock with supercheap vodka as the liquid.)

BOTTOM LINE:
AllInOneWinePump is an essential tool that I would recommend to every home winemaker (or beermaker). Racking and degassing alone justify the purchase price.

Throw away your autosiphon... Throw away your drill-based degassing flapper rod... Throw away your hand vaccuum pump... Use less metabisulphite... with AllInOneWinePump.

NEXT UP: Bottling with AllInOneWinePump.

Dont throw away the drill mounted stirrer, its still great for mixing up all your stuff in primary and for mixing in your fining agents but we get the point! Its a great product period!

Dont throw away the drill mounted stirrer, its still great for mixing up all your stuff in primary and for mixing in your fining agents but we get the point! Its a great product period!

When I stir everything in the primary with my big stiring spoon, I feel at one with the last 12,000 years of human wine-makers who stirred by hand. Simplicity! ;)

Joking aside, I have an unproven hypothesis that scrupulously using the AllInOneWinePump and bulk aging would allow one to get away with less fining agents, especially the clarifying stuff at later stages.

AJ

I am absolutely beside myself. I just finished this thread. I want an allinone pump. I have just a question or two.

I have a Buon Mini Jet filter and have Better Bottles and have had degassing problems for years (???). In your opinion, should I bite the bullit and use a whole house filter system or continue to use the Mini Jet? And, if I have this right, I don't buy the filter system from Steve but from a website mentioned earlier in this thread. Correct?

Can't wait to hear opinions on this. I have 5 carboys that were started in February and I want to get them totally degassed and bottled.

Born 2

I am not sure about the other filter set up and what you shoud do. You are correct, there are several threads with the parts list you need to add a whole house filter set up to the all in one. Cost is about $35. You will need the plastic nipples that go from the hose thread of the cannister to the tubing but local hardware stores should have them.

I bought the all in one and I am pleased with it. I have the filter set up but haven't filtered yet.

Back