Pretty bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe Wade,

well.... I could start my own bootleggers forum if I did...

Allie

( NZ Mafia... Mafioso?)

PS... 200 gallons? You're not drinking it fast enough!!!..

Last edited:
100 gallons per person of age per household with a limit of 200 gallons. If I were single id really be in trouble! Theyde be coming to take me away hehe haha hoho! :)

No problem Wade, all you need to do is convince them your children drink wine!:)
I've always wondered how much that is enforced in the US, in Alaska, you can pretty do what you want unlesss you are trying to make a profit. They really don't like home brew in the `villages , for obvious reasons, and unless you are growing a whole bunch of Arctic Tomatoes they look `the other way. I always wondered how they would look at a guy making a lil distillates, accidentally.

Last edited:
As far as I know we do not have a limit over here, as long as you are not selling everything is fine.

Now distilling is strictly forbidden over here.
Not because of the dangers, but just because of all the tax-revenues the government would be missing.........

Back to the bottles.

I really like the blue ones and have some myself.
But before bottling I would do a test if I were you.
Putting a blush wine or a red wine in those blue bottles
might give you an awkward color in the end.

My strawberry bottled in blue bottles made it look
purplish from the outside........

Best to put a white wine in them.

Besides that I love that color.

Luc

Distillers should be Spanked

Yep, how dare those who choose to distill alcohol cheat their governments out of something they don't deserve to begin with. They should be spanked!!!:) On the bottles, pretty glad to have them, I hope I can produce something worth putting in them. I am very thankful to my friends down the road who saved me all those bottles. I had never expected to see any pretty blue ones like that.:)

Luc are you allowed to sell your home made wine? We are not here in NZ.

We are allowed to make anything we want as in wine, beer, spirits, liquers but not sell it. I have heard of some who do (under the table) but never publicly.

There was a case on TV a few weeks ago where a young mother drank some home brewed vodka or gin not knowing it was practically pure ethanol of which one drink as in one nip can kill you and she drank about 3 ltimes that. She died not long after. So i guess the law isnt just about the loss of revenue for the government it is also for the protection of the people. I still cant believe someone gave that to her as they would have known how strong it was.:(

Coll, I doubt anyone in here has sold any of their products or traded it for anything. :D LOL

Finally got around to photgraphing my most unusual bottles, I have others but these are my favourite ones!

bottles.jpg

Geez Coll, I hope you make something quite special to give those bottles the justice they demand.

Niagra sounds good!

Im just finishing a Pinot Gri at the moment it might be good for that too!

I was over to Wade's house for the Christmas holidays and took a pic of his Christmas tree for all to enjoy.:)

WineBottleTree.jpg

Looks like green Grolsch beer bottles to me... lol
I just could not see any one here to have that many EMPTY ones. Now I could make a HUGH tree with my 90+ full cases. :b

I have to admit........Your right:m. I was only thinking of the wine. Never been to NJ but I now have a good reason to go.:b

Back