Pretty bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a batch of limoncello. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The problem with the recipe I used was that it called for an overabundance of simple syrup. the end product was a something that tasted like a lemon cough drop. Next time I make, I'll try halfing the syrup and see how it turns out.

I make that and not tasted like yours. What did you do?
I zested 6-8+ lemons and soaked them in Everclear (in a 24oz jar) for a month. Add 4-5 oz and the rest simple strup to a 375ml bottle

I make that and not tasted like yours. What did you do?
I zested 6-8+ lemons and soaked them in Everclear (in a 24oz jar) for a month. Add 4-5 oz and the rest simple strup to a 375ml bottle

I used the peel of 15 lemons and soaked in 100 proof vodka for a month. Added another bottle of 100 proof and simple syrup (4 cups of sugar to 5 cups of water), let sit for another month and bottle.

The recipe you used worked for the person who made it. But, all of our tastes are different. As you are adding the simple syrup TASTE it as you mix it and then that's YOUR recipe.

The recipe you used worked for the person who made it. But, all of our tastes are different. As you are adding the simple syrup TASTE it as you mix it and then that's YOUR recipe.

Lessons learned Tom. I will definitely be doing that next time.

May be so.
BUTT, it sure tastes good!
Goes to show you a "pretty" bottle will not make a bad wine :s taste good..

Enough bad wine however wil make the girls prettier at closing time.;)

I see no problem with the intervention part.
I DO have a problem with the wife on a ra,page part.
Remember what SWMBO means?

After being 40 years married this August some things do wear off..LOL

my oh my Tom 4o yrs is a long time for that poor woman to go through the wine stench. At least she enjoys wine, I would do anything to trade these f...ng mosguitoes for a good woman. My Mom is coming next thursday and I have shot out damn near evry window trying to eliminate these, and I have to try to explain to her why my house smells like...well.... wine.

And you're right, I once had a pair of socks once and they did wear off, well peeled off, like six months later. No, I didn't ferment them they did thatthemselves. These kids have no idea what is out there besides snifing glue!!!!!

:d

Whew where to start with that post ha ha. :d:d:dI was kidding about the rampage part. Joyce and I have been married for 32 years ourselves. She does complain about wine making but not about the drinking of it. I have removed it because I am not wanting to offend anyone, having too much fun and learning alot here.
Steve

Last fall I had 30 6 gallon carboys fermenting in my living room and family room. She only asked why and accepted my answer.. Then again my wife and daughter go thru 2 bottles a day when I'm not home. When I am it's 3 a day. So, I need to keep up with it.. :)

Latest posts

Back