PRAYERS FOR SWILLOLOGIST

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where we use to live we had a problem with people putting their stands right on our fence lines...We had wonderful pastures, lush and green from liquid hog manure....Our sides of the fence were all brushed out so we could drive along them, so most of the neighbors and their friends would walk to their stands on our side of the fences.
smiley7.gif

Jim always made sure he 'Posted' all the fence lines with a good coating of liquid manure before deer season....It worked real well with the people walking as they didn't want to ruin their boots.

The deer didn't mind the manure and it kind of masked people scents well...
smiley4.gif

Scott said:
Appleman sounds like you need to go and cut some firewood ie: make alot of noise.

Good luck and be safe

The chainsaws don't work around here. That calls the deer in because they know there will be plenty of branches to browse on. I have heard through the grapevine that those piles of illegal bait have been marked with a bit of liquid human scent. I don't do that but know others who say they have. Maybe that is what the camera is for- to catch the ones"marking their territory"
smiley5.gif
Our land is well marked with signage. My brother told me he put up a dozen signs in the 100 yards of fenceline next to a bunch of round bales others use as stands to watch our woods from.Edited by: appleman

We can plant a food plot and hunt over it. But we can't bait with apples, corn, salt or anything like that. We don't do the food plot thing either. I see plenty of deer anyway.

There is only one other person that hunt thisfarm during the bow season. The people that own the grounds grandson. Well I guess it is actually the son now. The Grandson's Dad bought the ground off of Grandma this year.
He is really a super nice kid. He went around and check all my stands this fall. He made sure they were in good shape and the shooting lanes were all clear. He even put a blind up for me to shot a turkey. That could be interesting. I have trouble hitting a deer.
smiley36.gif
Then over the weekend he smashed his trigger finger and now he can't shot his bow. Hopefully he will heel up quickly and be back out there with me. It's a lot more fun when you have someone to liar to.
smiley4.gif

I hope you have good luck with that big one appleman. Right now I am just going to be thinning the heard and filling the freezer.

Sorry NW. I must have missed your post.

I has some test last Friday. The news wasn't as good as we had hoped. I am in line for another round of treatments. I'm not sure what it will be yet. I just know that it is not going to be the one that I reacted to the last time. They are going to give me a couple of treatments and then give me another scan to see if it is working. If it is working then we will finish with the treatments. If not I guess we go to plan C. Some of the good news we got Friday was that my blood counts were back to normal or close to it. I don't know when we are going to start the next round yet. They haven't called yet. I should find out sometime this week.

That should give me a few more days to hunt yet. No NW I still setting out in a tree in the evenings. I did get the honor of taking out a handicapped hunter this weekend. I couldn't be with him Saturday evening but he did harvest a nice doe. Life is still good NW.
smiley4.gif

hang in there Swill, it will work -
we be praying for you - - -
rrawhide
smiley20.gif

Swill,
I hope that this next round of treatments will be all that you need.

Enjoy hunting!!! Ramona

Swill,

Here's hoping your next round of treatment does the trick. We'll be thinking about you. Please let us know how things go. Oh, and good luck hunitng.

Good thoughts are with you Swill, keep geting out hunting and enjoy the outdoorsonly now have to pile on more clothes.

Thanks everyone!I appreciate it. I'm still going to beat this.
I'm going to hunt and garden as long as I can get out there.

Swillologist,
I don't get on here to often and just read this thread. From one fellow central Iowegian to another, from one fellow cancer survivor to another-I wish you the very best. You and yours will be in our prayers.

You can do it!

Mike

stay the course were all pulling for you and all the other fellow wine makers who need support and prayersfor the fight......

I'm going to start my next round of treatments tomorrow morning. They call this one I.C.E. Ihave to spend three days in the hopital this time. I'm not sure how many times I have to do this one. I think it maybe a one time deal.
I don't know if I will be able to get the laptop to work in the hospital or if I will feel like it. Ifnot. Hopefully I will be back Thursday sometime.

Hang in there swill! Maybe youll get some sponge baths from a hot nurse!
smiley36.gif

Take Care Swill...

Hope this works for you....Good Luck!!!!

I get a Ct Scan on Friday...then Dr. next Tuesday...it's all a waiting game.

Back