Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aeroplaneflyer? Are you a fan of airships?
Airships, airplanes, and rockets Bob. They have always gotten my attention. Spent 10 years in the Navy as a flyer and have my private pilot's license (although it's been in hiding the past few years). I usually try to have an aviation graphic somewhere on the label. I think this Bordeaux was the first time I hadn't used it (but only one case). I liked the blimp photo and have been trying to place it on a label and voila, I think it fits in with the Riesling.

Oh yea, since I'm fairly close to the Goodyear Blimp hangar in Suffield OH, it's not that uncommon to see one flying up above. Since we are both Northern Ohio boys, you probably see them too every once in a while, right?

Airships, airplanes, and rockets Bob. They have always gotten my attention. Spent 10 years in the Navy as a flyer and have my private pilot's license (although it's been in hiding the past few years). I usually try to have an aviation graphic somewhere on the label. I think this Bordeaux was the first time I hadn't used it (but only one case). I liked the blimp photo and have been trying to place it on a label and voila, I think it fits in with the Riesling.

Oh yea, since I'm fairly close to the Goodyear Blimp hangar in Suffield OH, it's not that uncommon to see one flying up above. Since we are both Northern Ohio boys, you probably see them too every once in a while, right?
I used to work at the LM airdock in Akron. Saw the Goodyear blimp making flights several times.

Anyone else grow up with traditions like this? My dad was born and raised in a small German town about 60 miles SE of San Antonio and they had local VFW's and Hermann Son's that put on these giant BBQ's several times a year. Good memories for sure.

View attachment 92412
In northern WI and the UP we have Booyah meals. We cook 160 gallons at church and sell it all in 4 hours. I recently got my
Own kettle… a small one, only 35 gallons.
446FF1E0-A357-4380-99CE-0599E85EF7DE.jpeg

Anyone else grow up with traditions like this? My dad was born and raised in a small German town about 60 miles SE of San Antonio and they had local VFW's and Hermann Son's that put on these giant BBQ's several times a year. Good memories for sure.

View attachment 92412
Yeeow! And I thought the fire dept. here put on big BBQs. :(

900 Chickens or 1800 halves on those pits. 40 halves on each rack. Proceeds went to the local Bellville, TX VFD.
If I remeber correctly, the last one they did here was 450 lbs of chicken, some halves , some quarters. Not even close to what's in the photo you posted! 😄

900 Chickens or 1800 halves on those pits. 40 halves on each rack. Proceeds went to the local Bellville, TX VFD.
Heavy German population here, but much smaller cooks, more like what @bstnh1 is talking about.

I need a bratwurst fest with some good German beer, just too lazy to drive towards Philly...

Maybe someday, but we’re no where near going electric. Especially when Newsome is telling people not to charge their cars so there is enough electricity to keep the AC on.

Agree that we cannot just flip the switch, transitions in life take time sometimes.

We can either embrace new technology or stay behind and I choose to embrace it.
If you like driving a gas car, nothing wrong with it in my book.

I LOVE driving an EV and not because the government is pushing it or giving free money but because I love the technology and the convenience of it.

Latest posts

Back