Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been 70+ years and my Dad can still speak Japanese.

That's awesome. My guess is your Dad has an aptitude for picking up new languages. I never learned the language but did pick up a few phrases that were a big help in getting around off base.

Me and my scruffy mutt Jerry.

A dog on your one hand, a glass of something good in your other hand, and a nice comfy place to sit.

ONE OF LIFE'S GREAT MOMENTS!!!

There is a pic of me floating around. I have Duke (at 6 weeks) in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, all while reclining in my old laze-e-boy, so I know of what I speak...

Give dat dawg a bone!

39093205551_c91b7833e9_c.jpg

Just finished the "label" job on all the wine & beer for my sons (youngest of four) wedding on 1 Jan 2018 - which they wanted to pay for themselves. It was a lot of work but in the end we SAVED "them" so much money (meaning zero dollars) making the wine & beer ourselves plus added a nice family touch. I also got delegated the cake and bringing the meat & the smoking of said meat sooooooo it might be a little questionable how I'll look come ceremony time but they are wicked proud they are putting on a wedding without spending a lot sooooooo I'm just smiling and having fun. TheirWedding Wine.jpg wedding card may just say "You are welcome". Ha!

My new knife came in!

A few years ago (~5 years), I switched from German knives to thinnner, sharper, Japanese knives. At that time, I bought Shun Classic knives, which are relatively well-regarded, but ~entry-level, Japanese knives. I just treated myself to a new chef's knife, which is even way thinner than the Shun. The aficionados of Japanese knives call this very thin style of knife "lasers." I took my first test drive this evening. Man, this thing just glides through food. You can almost not tell when you hit the food, as there is almost no resistance! So far, I like it!
One of the pix below shows the spines of three knives, for comparison: German, Shun Classic, and the new Takamura.

View attachment 45330 View attachment 45331

Well, I suppose it had to happen. I was dicing onions for dinner today. As I said above, the new knife just glides through food! Unfortunately, it just glides through whatever it encounters.

Yes, I sliced off a mm or two of the tip of my thumb and thumbnail. I barely even felt it! Very clean cut. It is, thankfully, not a serious wound, but it will take a while to heal (since it is not just a slice). Yikes, that thing is scary sharp.

DSCN0807.jpg

Well,

At leat it is not Welch's..

OOOPS, Sorry! Boones Farm with nuggets, Welch's with PB Sanwiches.

(sorry, I know @Julie will send me to the corner for this one.)

Well, I suppose it had to happen. I was dicing onions for dinner today. As I said above, the new knife just glides through food! Unfortunately, it just glides through whatever it encounters.

Yes, I sliced off a mm or two of the tip of my thumb and thumbnail. I barely even felt it! Very clean cut. It is, thankfully, not a serious wound, but it will take a while to heal (since it is not just a slice). Yikes, that thing is scary sharp.

View attachment 45409

Cutting glove!

Latest posts

Back