Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://pin.it/ecd23munq35th6
Oops. Tried to put a picture here.

Is this the one?
[Copy image address and paste into "Image". (Note: Click image icon which is to the right of Smilie icon)]

4e8687e2d50aea0f9aa9fb80aae329b9.jpg

We're waiting for family and friends to arrive around noon. Been busy, mostly my wife, with last minute preparations.

Testing my Christmas gift.. Sorry, that's it. No deer came through last night; at least not within camera range.
[BTW, will probably be setting up ladder stand or blind in the pines you see over my right shoulder.]

View attachment 45568

Hahaha! Mine seems really awesome at catching pix of me, too! Moultrie! You are not playing around with the cheapos like me. I just ordered a Wildgame Innovations Terra 10MP from Dick's for $40. Be here 1/5. I'll play around with that one, too. Ought to have greater range than my $24 one. Addicting.

Hahaha! Mine seems really awesome at catching pix of me, too! Moultrie! You are not playing around with the cheapos like me. I just ordered a Wildgame Innovations Terra 10MP from Dick's for $40. Be here 1/5. I'll play around with that one, too. Ought to have greater range than my $24 one. Addicting.

How many do you have? I'd like to get a few more even if they're cheapies otherwise this one gets moved around more often then I'd like.

I'm having trouble reading the card by just sticking it in the computer slot. PC will sometimes read it and other times not - mostly not. I'm able to hook up the entire camera via USB cable but that of course becomes a pain in the butt. Think I'll set it in a spot and leave it for a week and then see what it captured.

Oh, what capture mode and what time delay are you using with your trail cam? My brother tells me that video mode (mine has 2)) isn't really worth using but that still leaves me with 4 picture modes and 4-5 time delay settings. Sometimes simpler is better.

I'm having trouble reading the card by just sticking it in the computer slot. PC will sometimes read it and other times not - mostly not. .

Bill, let the card warm up a bit, then wipe off the contacts. You are probably getting some condensation from the SD card being out in the cold, then bringing it into a warm and comparatively humid environment.

And, if you don't mind, you need to smile when within range of the camera...looking a little surly there!

Last edited:
As noted previously. The Astronomical Society of France published my Messier 45 (The Pleiades Cluster) image. They said the cover, but it ended up being a full page images within the magazine and I think I'm happier about that because the Pleiades on the cover was miss-mashed with other stuff covering a huge portion of it.

Anyhow, they sent me around seven copies of the January magazine with my picture and they came in today.

It's obviously in French, but the blue square on the right hand page is where I'm credited with the image.

IhAmAT30E6yvwzDYDKVCwVyA7PQLIlodYnvw3RaRqrUilSMbtdvoZ-X4yrs4hL0e0gS8c0n-tMy5MHfwHIHDnvVwdX3kzHgzaTbL_zXJLPUZeVJD9_713QeL6wkJabn6-4PRE2RLd6Fa5ngpWf_Dn8k91EZyWMeqpCQYTWkr1sOjQdfPKab1r4MdjQRz3UTdOSakgLhHvHEXSWNu3VLH8y9iW5JSoBPUFC-2cKMK8GvAeA_NEIrmndykFVy-1ZVr8fZZX8BUY6-qAuF13725gUkUKQk55aouVVMEMV82P-XSYKjrkkWvZV56FhvsCazNf0FgCZn6E39DKuTnFFRCxo48yggtkUOpyOoCuGXGzo15_r4W5hkKaQO3mGwUCfl9MZH1AvySQoeAZYNeuDAjuizcKK3PdZEFeoE5InsUuxKm6IX2UV-B5Enqu3jRIBKwMxeMI4rUcDFqOLZWbiKNjGYeWyXE9f4nPTyP4Ei5pssiSxm3PucKfvoJq1FFzi7uRcAJVBiuv3wJKr-6cmucBj46oxAjnEeInvOpIYBQQSL26PjT2MBtcZxLYauuXpaXagPQurXl4C27JbwlB-xtRbrG4kTX4_zCLON3hHoz7YVhyEQn84hOdFMSDM8AYnNBGCZ2vIIBhySInN4f9EMyRfQyAkw5rSsAtw=w731-h974-no

Bill, let the card warm up a bit, then wipe off the contacts. You are probably getting some condensation from the SD card being out in the cold, then bringing it into a warm and comparatively humid environment.

Thanks Craig. I'll give that a try in about a week. If it still doesn't work then I'll probably invest in an SD to USB reader.

Back