Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in Shelton but will be working from home for sure.
The thing I hate the most is the wind gusts, making the wind chill feel so cold and using the snow blower a challenge [emoji30]

Yeah, as an IT guy I was always able to work from home and still can except now that I'm executive management. I have to set the example and come into the office during snow storms! bleep bleep bleep!

Of course we only get about five holidays a year too. My company closes for almost nothing!

As for wind gusts. I heard they could reach 50mph tomorrow. 5"-8" with localized 10"+ and 50mph wind gusts. Yikes!

-9.1F was our low this morning here in Wellsboro, PA. Lowest temp I've ever experienced though was back in CT. One morning it was -10F according to my outdoor thermometer. Forget what year it was but it was awhile back.

House back in CT was not as well insulated as our house in PA. Our new house has 6" walls where as our house back in CT had 4" walls. Also, before replacement windows, we had the very drafty old style wooden double hung windows.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in the banana belt (southern tip of the Rockies) we have gone 92 days without any form of precip. The ski areas are hurting big time. I can walk the dogs in the afternoon in shorts and a light jacket. I watered the backyard for several hours a week or two ago......

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 7.39.20 AM.png

Meanwhile in the banana belt (southern tip of the Rockies) we have gone 92 days without any form of precip. The ski areas are hurting big time. I can walk the dogs in the afternoon in shorts and a light jacket. I watered the backyard for several hours a week or two ago......

View attachment 45748

Those temps really look like summer to me right now....lol
I hear that Friday will get to 50F..!!

Those temps really look like summer to me right now....lol
I hear that Friday will get to 50F..!!
Yea, we are supposed to be around 50*F on Thursday. The lowest high temperature I've seen long range is in the low 30's for a few days at the end of the month. So hopefully this was our cold snap for the year. I saw a few -5*F in the car taking my daughter to work at 5:30 am this morning, which means it probably went a few degrees lower before sunrise. I'm wondering how the few vineyards in the area will fare with their Chardonnay plantings. I don't think they do too well below zero, and I know we don't have enough snow cover to protect the bud unions.

You had better stop gloating or we'll send a dreaded hail storm your way!

I can walk the dogs in the afternoon in shorts and a light jacket.

Is this your dog?

f9d83b50-be1e-4266-9eaf-b23c764c21d3.jpg

Latest posts

Back